What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

getting rpt errors when not using jsrs it seems to be coming across the network Messages are of this type:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\reload.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_dshk\reload.wss'

It`s not a problem of JSRS. It`s the BIS netcode... :mad:

Have the problem with other soundmods too. :o

Damn, its really the netcode?

OMG, I deleted all dry.wss entries for ALL handheld weapons because of such RPT's for non-JSRS players! Damn, I thought that fixed the problem in past... nice to see its not my unfathomable work! :) Thanks for the info Buliwyf!

Jarhead

Added to Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

Old JSRS folders are deprecated and will soon be removed.

Thanks Sickboy, its good point to post links! Keep it up!

I dunno if this has been touched on, or can be, but what about the sounds of turrets moving? From humvees to tanks I don't think I've heard too many cases of soundmods changing that particular sound.

Hello

I noticed that the BTR-40 has a very loud interior sound. As in, really ***** loud which does not allow you to hear anything, including VON which you can actually hear when you are outside the cabrio APC.

For any bugs, suggestions, etc. I advise you all to make use of the official J.S.R.S. tracker over at DevHeaven. Just like other mods out there, it makes it easier to keep track and tackle things as they come in. Thanks.

I've just noticed that with JSRS1.4 running, there is no reload sound for the Steyrs in the AAW mod.

I'd love to think that my 2 favourite mods could play 100% nicely together :)

While we're on the subject of patches, could someone go let an SVD shoot at them on the Utes runway? Yesterday I was hearing the shot before the crack with this weapon, with a vehicle on the map. And the strange thing is, the automatic weapons had proper sound delay.

I do have to say, LJ, I do like it that you hear mortar rounds flying through the air before they hit:

Absolutly beautiful and scary at the same time.

Nice to hear the memory leak has been fixed! :)

I don't think I wrote a proper "Thank You" in this thread yet. I will do this now:

Thank you, LordJarhead! A truly epic soundscape!

And: Join us for another coop sometime soon; would be nice to catch you on the server! :)

For the stagger thing:

This will play different sounds depending on certain distances. So this means: We have four sounds per gun. 1: 0 - 100 Meters, 2: 100 - 500 Meter, 3: 500 - 800 Meter and 4: 800 - maxRange. So now we only have the normal sounds and one distant sound. After this new script, we will have four sounds, the normal one and three different distant sounds. Thats the goal for this.

Jarhead

What about huge explosions very far away ( greater than 800m) ......low rumble?

For the stagger thing:

This will play different sounds depending on certain distances. So this means: We have four sounds per gun. 1: 0 - 100 Meters, 2: 100 - 500 Meter, 3: 500 - 800 Meter and 4: 800 - maxRange. So now we only have the normal sounds and one distant sound. After this new script, we will have four sounds, the normal one and three different distant sounds. Thats the goal for this.

Jarhead

Sounds pretty sweet. Where were the sounds sourced from? :P I imagine it's pretty difficult to find 800m+ sounds.

Sounds pretty sweet. Where were the sounds sourced from? :P I imagine it's pretty difficult to find 800m+ sounds.

Mate, I'm kind of an audio developer/designer! Most sounds are not just ripped from videos and stuff, so I can easily make such sounds my self :D Trust me, it will sounds great! Since I learn and grow everyday I working on this, it'll be better and better!

Jarhead