What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

One question LJ :) It says in the requierments that you need some type of veichle to get the distance script to work (No problem). Will it be at patch to get around this "problem"? or is it simply a BIS problem.

Love the soundmod!

Edited by Zsalheden

One question LJ :) It says in the requierments that you need some type of veichle to get the distance script to work (No problem). Will it be at patch to get around this "problem"? or is it simply a BIS problem.

Love the soundmod!

I believe it's a BIS problem, seen it as a requirement a fair few times now.

@LordJarhead aka DK

Donation otw,

Thanks very much for your soundmod.

Maybe you can implement "XAM-Environment-Sounds" to your mod, this would add much real life nature feeling for the "environment-freaks".

But please ask "Snake2000" for permission.

regards

Reserve

Thank you so much mate! Thanks for supporting this project ;) Yah I shall take a look on that mod as well! Thanks!

Best soundmod ever. Love it LJ.

Must ask how you get all the sounds and how you work with it.

Greatings from Swedish Army mod:)

You know, I have to kill you for such informations, its a secret (I coming from another planet and try to enslave the entire humanity with compelling sound mods!) :D

Spoke with LJH about it and he helped me release my own mini mod. I fully support LJH with all of his work that's why he helped me make the mod compatible with his.

JSRS for ever :yay:

I'm just thankful that we have dedicated people like Lord Jarhead who take their time and make quality stuff which in the end makes us love the game more!

It was a pleasure to help you with that ;) Thank you really much!

Hi Jarhead,

Great updates, just a further note about sounds with bino's that I mentioned before, it seems that with bino's in hand or looking through them crouching and standing clothing effect sounds dont trigger (just silent), with bino's put away the sounds return, this includes no sound as you take out binos or put them away as I mentioned before.

unsure if you already have that nailed in the updates, but I though I would report it none the less.

I guess, it has something to do with the movement of the feet, if we hear a sound or not. At least there are no entries for such sounds. But I wont stop till I find a way, thats for sure! Thanks for the info!

Dammit, I thought I told him not to include the Skyrim enchanted binocs of silence in 1.4! :p

Hahaha ;) Psssst.... I wanted them to figure that out by themselves! :D

Love the soundmod!

Yap, at mid january we're going to check this, as Psycho has already an idea. So we can get around that. Just simply creating a non visible vehicle at a non water random position somewhere on the outer sides of the map, like the preview vehicles for Warfare! Thanks to Xeno for this info ;)

Also we are about to fix the memory leak we have atm with JSRS1.4. So after a great update in january we're about to reduce performance hits as well.

Thanks so much guys!

Jarhead

EDIT: Check out the download section for the new UKF Weapons Pack replacement configs by Glowbal! Thanks mate for your help and for doing this!

Edited by LordJarhead

LJ,

Just wanted to say I have been using the new sound mod and it sounds great. Thanks for all your hard work. BIS could take a few lessons from you on in game sound.

Nomadd

I guess, it has something to do with the movement of the feet, if we hear a sound or not. At least there are no entries for such sounds. But I wont stop till I find a way, thats for sure! Thanks for the info!
Ok Jarhead I just tested the gear sounds replacement I used to use in place of your 1.33 gear sound pbo, low and behold standing and crouching, pulling out and putting away bino's triggers a step sound (much like going to one knee).

So if you check this soundmod - VOP2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5884 check out the config "Vops_c_Gear"

This will give the clue as to the entry for such sound to trigger, its a step sound in this soundmod but I guess that could be swapped for a better movement effect of some sort. Put it this way, if your used to hearing it (been using VOP2 gear for months & months) you deffo miss it when its gone, it will help with full immersion and subtle sound indicator when standing and crouch and swapping out when using bino's instead of a dead pan nothing :)

BTW I tested by loading that soundmods gear pbo priority over yours and you get sound, remove and nothing.

Edited by mrcash2009

Just wanted to say thanks, Jarhead this is an excellent mod and a great addition the ArmA 2 community.

Keep it up!!

-Craig

A patch! Now, a moral question. To max out my host's internet, or to be a good guest?

I think you just ruined my new years eve :p Was planning for Skyrim, now it becomes OA instead :D Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to this - unfortunately my first download was corrupted by a full hd.

it will help with full immersion and subtle sound indicator when standing and crouch and swapping out when using bino's instead of a dead pan nothing :)

You know I kinda also like the "sleeve fabric" sound when pulling scope in (Gasp!) Dragon Rising - again I find it adds a little immersion and beats silence.

@Jarhead: Simply amazing sound mod here. I couldn't imagine playing without it -two huge thumbs up!

A patch! Now, a moral question. To max out my host's internet, or to be a good guest?

Max it ... max it !!!

Oh, what a pity that Arma 2 without OA (which I haven't) not allow to set proper audio sample rate. I admire tenacity and dedication of people who spend years on something great to give it for free. Looked (or rather listened) at effects on youtube. This is amazing.

You know you want to buy OA Rydygier (now that your scripts are famous anyway!) just so that you CAN hear the difference ;)

Yeah, but I noticed a strange behavior: In stores they do not want to give me the game, until I pay to them. Odd. :) (no cash...)

Edited by Rydygier

Yeah, but I noticed a strange behavior: In stores they do not want to give me the game, until I pay to them. Odd. :) (no cash...)

Do what I do--walk into the game shop naked. They'll give you anything just to get you to put clothes back on. Either that, or the cops come and pepper spray you. But it's worth the risk when it comes to ArmA. :P

What about the "light version" (Saw somewher that you can have free light version of ARMA/OA), could that help regarding sound stuff.

Do what I do--walk into the game shop naked. They'll give you anything just to get you to put clothes back on. Either that, or the cops come and pepper spray you. But it's worth the risk when it comes to ArmA. :P

Definitely have to try this. But not in winter.

@Higgins

Interesting info, didn't know about this. Thanks.

EDIT: Tested anyway. Wow.

Edited by Rydygier

Won't work Higgins - there is no OA light, only Arma2Free. Its the OA Rydygier needs.

Hmmm, me and a friend were testing sounds tonight and everything sounded amazing except one plane, maybe it goes for all the super sonic jets. The Su-34 machinegun sound was awful - It sounded like a brief fart in the wind and then a 3-4 second burst of bullets with no sound.

Any fix for it or something you can check into LJ :) ?

Hmmm, me and a friend were testing sounds tonight and everything sounded amazing except one plane, maybe it goes for all the super sonic jets. The Su-34 machinegun sound was awful - It sounded like a brief fart in the wind and then a 3-4 second burst of bullets with no sound.

Any fix for it or something you can check into LJ :) ?

Yah, sure! For such a constructive cirtism I would do everything!

@Jarhead:

will you in the future take an eye on the german vehicles? i think the Leo, Marder and so on need some more "dampf", you know what i mean.

LDGbzOfm8xI

Edited by KidDynamite

And while we speak of Tanks. Take a look at this:

KoFBK897PaI

Can you hear the squecking sound that the Tracks make? More distinctive Track Sounds are still missing in your Mod.

@Jarhead:

will you in the future take an eye on the german vehicles? i think the Leo, Marder and so on need some more "dampf", you know what i mean.

I doubt that jarhead will cover the german vehicles, since they are not vanilla vehicles, if he was to add soundmods for every mod out there then well, he may aswell kiss his life goodbye right? ;)

;2081913']I doubt that jarhead will cover the german vehicles' date=' since they are not vanilla vehicles, if he was to add soundmods for every mod out there then well, he may aswell kiss his life goodbye right? ;)[/quote']

Damn right! Sry, but this is sadly not my full time job although it became one for me the last months ;)

Jarhead