What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I love this Mod, its so Awesome :D:D

The Distance-Script works perfectly for me, even with a bad PC System.

But recently, we found a bug. We played on Takistan. Insurgency 0.80. We were flying in a UH-60. The Bug is, that the left Gattling (Chef Seat) sounds like the Vanilla one, while the right one (Doorgunner Seat) have the new sound.

Mods: CBA, J.S.R.S. 1.4 (of course), WarFX Blastcore R1.2

After that, i tried the same with a UH1Y on Utes, only with CBA and JSRS.

Same problem. (Samples 128)

Whatever, its still a Badass soundmod ;D

I've never gotten any M134 to work. Guess I'll try the crew chief seat.

Edit: Your problem may have something to do with the fact that the left gun can be fired manually by the pilot, but the right one cannot.

I've never gotten any M134 to work. Guess I'll try the crew chief seat.

Edit: Your problem may have something to do with the fact that the left gun can be fired manually by the pilot, but the right one cannot.

Oh really? So thats the reason it never worked fine. Damn! So there are two different ones? Going to check that!

Thanks for the info mates!

Jarhead

Merry Xmas Mates,

Thanks LordJarhead, this is wonderful.

Quick Question tho. Where do i set the 128 or 32 sound sample? I didnt see it mentioned in the readme and not sure where that setting is?

thanks.

Lovely new sounds, very found of it.

I do think however, that when you are more then 2-300meter away from a fight or the one who shoot at you, it get a bit to low (the sound).

But I have just had 3 houres of fun :D

Nevermind. Silly me, it's in the audio options. Sorry guys.

Nothing to worry about matey ;)

Betsalel will update my ReadMe with all important informations I guess. If he has the time for that! Also I making an update for tomorrow after I found an serius problem in the Script system. Going to fix that.

PreView Changelog:

*Changed: Range and distance of script command (will fade in after more than 100 meters now)

*Changed: Reworked most Configs for more soundrange of normal weapon sounds (fading out after 400, 450 meters, no quiet battlefields. )

*Added: SMAW added to the NLAW Config

*Changed: Reworkd the GAU12 sounds to get rid of burst sounds

*Changed: Reduced distance of far-crack sounds

*Added: MAAWS launcher to NLAW config

Maybe I make the distance sounds abit louder too!

Update will patch JSRS to 1.4.1. Its about 5MB atm.

Jarhead

Thanks LJ! :thumb:

J.S.R.S GAU-8 Sound doesn´t work when running the Game with ACE, since there are some Problems with the different Burst Modes from ACE i guess. Someone got an Idea for this?

EDIT : I will check in on the ACE Tracker too. Maybe they can provide a Solution for this.

I finally got a chance to test it out. Incredible.....it is incredible. Great work.

Hello i have a probleme with my server i have some friend who when they shoot i don't hear them shoot is it a server side config problem ? or a different mod who can create a bug ?

Hello i have a probleme with my server i have some friend who when they shoot i don't hear them shoot is it a server side config problem ? or a different mod who can create a bug ?

Possible. But, please check if you have turned on CBA and 128 Samples in the Audiosettings in Arma! Also, maybe there is no Vehicle on the map?

A friend of me had a similar problem, it was fixed after turning on 128 Samples.

*Changed: Range and distance of script command (will fade in after more than 100 meters now)

:yay::bounce3:

If they could start louder and fade off, get gradually quieter, that would be great.

that's nothing do with that sorry, that's a server side bug i don't know wich one

that's nothing do with that sorry, that's a server side bug i don't know wich one

Isn't a Sound Mod only necessary to install on Clientside?

I mean, you only need to put the .bikey file in the Key folder on your server.

Did you allready tried to turn on only CBA and JSRS. Is the problem still there?

Sorry if i understand your Question wrong xd

Also I making an update for tomorrow after I found an serius problem in the Script system. Going to fix that.

PreView Changelog:

*Changed: Reworked most Configs for more soundrange of normal weapon sounds (fading out after 400, 450 meters, no quiet battlefields. )

*Added: SMAW added to the NLAW Config

*Changed: Reworkd the GAU12 sounds to get rid of burst sounds

*Changed: Reduced distance of far-crack sounds

*Added: MAAWS launcher to NLAW config

Update will patch JSRS to 1.4.1. Its about 5MB atm.

Jarhead

Thanks for the dedicated support JH - really appreciate it! Looking forward to the update. :)

When will this new version be up in SixUpdater?

I think SB's taking a well earned rest! No doubt Six will be updated once he can't eat any more turkey!

Thanks LJ! :thumb:

J.S.R.S GAU-8 Sound doesn´t work when running the Game with ACE, since there are some Problems with the different Burst Modes from ACE i guess. Someone got an Idea for this?

EDIT : I will check in on the ACE Tracker too. Maybe they can provide a Solution for this.

This is because ACE got his own config and sound for the gau. Get into @ACE/AddOns and delete the a_sys_A10.pbo! Only if you want to, I dont want you to delete other modders work!

Thank you so much! Will update frontpage.

Maybe you could be more specific! What weapon is your friend using? What other mods do you run with JSRS? There are thousand things which could happening. Or even do you run JSRS at full or do you mixed it already with other soundmods? This can cause problems like that.... no it WILL cause them.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

No chance on fixing AK's? Or will that come with ACE weapons done etc.?

Oops, you mean the ACE AK's using vanilla sounds? Well, could you tell me at least which weapons are affected?

Jarhead

I think SB's taking a well earned rest! No doubt Six will be updated once he can't eat any more turkey!

Lol, that's right! How foolish is my impatience. Bon Appetit, SickBoy:)

@LJ i send you a pm with all the information to keep clear your thread ;)