What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Think of the possibilities with modding future sounds though! Imagination will be your only limit!

Well, I dont like A3 because of the future stuff and such, but I'm going to have to accept it sooner or later.

Ever played OA? Because those M8s and Mk. 16s were the future when OA was first released. And now most of that is cancelled.

Well, I dont like A3 because of the future stuff and such, but I'm going to have to accept it sooner or later.

Yeah, I agree, don't like things I dont know is existing. Same with movies. :) Call me boring. But surely there will come up models in mods fast, that are from nowadays that needs better sounds. :)

Yeah, I agree, don't like things I dont know is existing. Same with movies. :) Call me boring. But surely there will come up models in mods fast, that are from nowadays that needs better sounds. :)

Not Boring! I totally know what you mean mate! Dont like futuristic stuff. Things got to be real...

Well, all weapons and vehicles of A3 are real... kind of real. Mostly concepts...

And yah, about that mods! Will be interessting. I wish someone can and will just convert all A2 stuff to the new engine. Would be awesome. But hey, then guys like us got a new job to be done, right? Heheh...

Jarhead

This sounds promising... Can't wait! Ill take part into soundmodding again when I get more interest in Arma2. But Ill think Im gonna wait to mod, 'til Arma3 hits the streets. :)

I hope you do get back into soundmodding again Anders. I loved SOA (and in fact I mix bits of SOA/JSRS).

I just bought Arma 2: Combined Operations, but having trouble with this mod on Operation Arrowhead. It came with 2 CDs (one for Arma 2 and other one OA). I only installed Operation Arrowhead on my computer and updated it to v1.60.

I followed the instructions and used the mod folder method to install this mod. This is what I have on my target:"D:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W

I am getting this error popup before the game loads: Addon "JSRS_2A14" requires addon "CAAir2_Pchela1T". However, the game loads after that and shows the mods are loaded, and when I start a game (scenario/campaign) the mod is working fine with all the new sounds.

The problem occurs when loading/reverting a saved game or reverting to last auto save after you die. For scenerios it just stays on the load screen forever with no load bar, and for campagin a new ingame popup appears with "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.caair2_pchela1t, cawater2_destroyer, cawater2_fishing_boat....and a bunch of others like that.

I tried using only @CBA with this mod, both @CBA and @CBA_OA, just @CBA_OA but still getting the same error.

Can someone please help me out, because the sounds in this mod are simply amazing and the game play experience is much better with it.

Thanks.

Edited by rp03ev

The Pchela is a Russian UAV that only exists in Arma 2. JSRS is trying to load sounds for a unit that isn't installed.

The mod is designed for Combine Operations. You either need to install Arma 2 or delete (or move) every .pbo that has Arma 2 specific sounds.

The Pchela is a Russian UAV that only exists in Arma 2. JSRS is trying to load sounds for a unit that isn't installed.

The mod is designed for Combine Operations. You either need to install Arma 2 or delete (or move) every .pbo that has Arma 2 specific sounds.

I only had the ARMA 2:OA cd installed, will install the ARMA 2 one right now. Do I do the same mod folder instillation in the arma2 directory as well?

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

just installed arma2 updated it to v1.10, but its giving same problem when i open operation arrowhead.

do i need to copy all the missing files from arma2 folder and paste into operation arrowhead?

Edited by rp03ev

I only had the ARMA 2:OA cd installed, will install the ARMA 2 one right now. Do I do the same mod folder instillation in the arma2 directory as well?

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

just installed arma2 updated it to v1.10, but its giving same problem when i open operation arrowhead.

do i need to copy all the missing files from arma2 folder and paste into operation arrowhead?

You need to run the game as Combined Operations.

It works by simply loading the Arma data into OA. So you should ignore the Arma 2 folder and install your mods in the OA folder.

You need to run the game as Combined Operations.

It works by simply loading the Arma data into OA. So you should ignore the Arma 2 folder and install your mods in the OA folder.

sorry for sounding so stupid, but how do you run the game as combined operations?

i bought arma2:combined operations, it came with 2 cds (one was arma2, other was OA). i installed the OA cd first, and just installed the arma2 one. so i have two shortcuts on my desktop now (arma2 and arma2 oa).

To have arma 2 CO first install arma2 for example in D:\arma2 run the game then install OA in the same folder d:\arma2 [now you have arma 2 CO] run the game use armaoa.exe, patch the game to v1.59 this will patch arma 2 to v1.09. Then if you want patch a2 v1.10 and OA to 1.60RC.

sorry for sounding so stupid, but how do you run the game as combined operations?

i bought arma2:combined operations, it came with 2 cds (one was arma2, other was OA). i installed the OA cd first, and just installed the arma2 one. so i have two shortcuts on my desktop now (arma2 and arma2 oa).

I have Steam, so I don't remember.

Check the stickied thread in the general section and post if you still can't get it.

To have arma 2 CO first install arma2 for example in D:\arma2 run the game then install OA in the same folder d:\arma2 [now you have arma 2 CO] run the game use armaoa.exe, patch the game to v1.59 this will patch arma 2 to v1.09. Then if you want patch a2 v1.10 and OA to 1.60RC.

i installed OA cd first because i only wanted to play OA, but just installed arma2 because i really want this mod. i will uninstall OA and try to install it again in the arma2 folder. hopefully it works.

Edited by rp03ev

It doesn't need to be in the same folder! Not unless the Steam version is radically different.

CO simply checks for the existence of Arma 2 and loads the data into OA.

works fine now. thanks a lot for the help guys.

i have J.S.R.S. v1.32, is it worth getting JSRS Patch 1.33? if it doesn't change much then i think i will stick to 1.32 because i don't want to go through all the installation process if i screw up the patch.

thanks again.

@maturin

you have steam version so its little different.

@rp03ev

go to v1.33 you cant "screw" nothing with patch :), and if you do somthing wrong you delete all old jsrs folders and put new one 2nd time and all will be ok, just read readme file if you think you could have some problems :)

I just saw out of the windows today and though: ITS SNOWING!

kindofsnowyoutside.png

Just had to show you this. lol

Jarhead

to explain this,

in good old germany the weather the last years was so confusing that normal weather like snow to the right time(not mai or so like last year) is something special.

to explain this,

in good old germany the weather the last years was so confusing that normal weather like snow to the right time(not mai or so like last year) is something special.

damn right dude!

LordJarhead - maby you have a sounds of steps for snow ;)?!

Anders I dont think so Im sure there will be snow the 23 of december. I had a dream about it so dont worry

Det fixar sig :)