What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hey Jarhead, It's been a while since I last posted here but I just wanted to say that what you've done is truly amazing. I remember when you first started and even then your sounds were excellent, yet even now you've gone above and beyond.

Great job man and keep up the exceptional work, kudos to you.

A pilot without his joystick he's like a man without is *ick ....

Wanna see how real JSRS gets?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2067114&postcount=2979

Watch the first Video.

Stuff to notice:

Awesome Weapon Sounds

Amazing distance Sounds

The beautifull sound of a minigun

Incoming Mortar fire

You guys just not received the latest update now with the new Cracks and the new distancesounds...

It'll be a bit better then...

Jarhead

A pilot without his joystick he's like a man without is *ick ....

I never fly with a joystick (don't own one) and I manage to fly quite well.

that's was a joke , i missed ! i'm very exited to get my hands on jsrs 1.4

Question for you JSRS users. Does JSRS effect FPS performance client side when installed on a server? People on my server complained of much worse (slowly degrading actually) FPS last night as compared to the night before without JSRS. I know it makes absolutely no sense, but that is ArmA for you.

Just ACE, but that was running the night before. And yes, I did disable and had everyone disable the Ace SM.

Question for you JSRS users. Does JSRS effect FPS performance client side when installed on a server? People on my server complained of much worse (slowly degrading actually) FPS last night as compared to the night before without JSRS. I know it makes absolutely no sense, but that is ArmA for you.

IIRC it is not meant to be installed on servers.

I would be curious to hear whether any people experienced a FPS hit from JSRS in SP.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

You guys just not received the latest update now with the new Cracks

What's new with the Cracks? Because I didn't want to criticize, but I thought the distant cracks in 1.3 were better. Have you changed them again?

You guys just not received the latest update now with the new Cracks and the new distancesounds...

It'll be a bit better then...

Jarhead

Even better than this? You seriously want everybody to shit his pants when he gets under fire :p

What's new with the Cracks? Because I didn't want to criticize, but I thought the distant cracks in 1.3 were better. Have you changed them again?

The distant cracks now more reallife like... I had some awesome videos (thanks very much to Betsalel at this point) and I though of reworking them. Dont worry, immediately after the first firefight in 1.4 you'll love them!

Even better than this? You seriously want everybody to shit his pants when he gets under fire :p

Yes, thats my goal. I dont want to make just nice sounds. I want to show people that guns and weapons are dangerous... doing badly things and can kill you with each single shot! If someone fires at you, you will feel and hear how dangerous that is... how close you where to death...

Or what ever... my bad english's killin' me these days :j:

Jarhead

Did you change the sonic cracks, the close ones when somebody next to yous is firing his rifle? Cause that's pretty loud in 1.33 , and afaik there is no sound like that when somebody shoots next to you ?!:confused:

Did you change the sonic cracks, the close ones when somebody next to yous is firing his rifle? Cause that's pretty loud in 1.33 , and afaik there is no sound like that when somebody shoots next to you ?!:confused:

This is because of the gameengine. I cant fix that! Or I have to take out my Soniccracks! But I wont! I turned down the area which they're heard in! So this should maybe fix it a bit!

Jarhead

Yeah, i already thought about the engine. Or maybe just reduce the volume of that wss file a bit? i do like them but compared to the rest, it's really loud. If you're running around and there's no gunfire for some mins, next contact, mate next to you starts shooting and i'm like !!*argh..ripping off my headset :) ,

I turned down the area which they're heard in! So this should maybe fix it a bit!

What do you mean, so you don't hear them if somebody is that close to you ? Thats good

Yeah, i already thought about the engine. Or maybe just reduce the volume of that wss file a bit? i do like them but compared to the rest, it's really loud. If you're running around and there's no gunfire for some mins, next contact, mate next to you starts shooting and i'm like !!*argh..ripping off my headset :) ,

What do you mean, so you don't hear them if somebody is that close to you ? Thats good

In earlier releases like 1.33 they where around 200, big ones around 300 meters or so. Now you will hear then maybe around 50 meters... This is because of the new distant cracks I added... now everything just fit together and we dont need the near cracks on bigger ranges. But they'r still loud. Not so loud like in 1.33. But they will tell you: "Get you f*cking ass to the ground, dude!" They're not appear so often, except you nearly going to die!

Jarhead

Ah ok..easiest thing for me, i wait till day X , DL 1.4 and listen to the symphony, then i'll find out :)

I'm new to this one but enjoying it for the most part. :) Getting killed while being confused by new sounds. lol

Do the new distant gunsounds have the proper delay? In RL, you always hear the sounds after the actaul explosion happens. When there is an explosion a kilometer in front of you, it takes three seconds untill you hear the bang. Does this mod also have this? I know default arma has, but the distance scripts from Optical Snare in his beta soundfx mod do not, and I understand you are using those.

Jarhead, can you change a sounds of bulet impact in body?

Do the new distant gunsounds have the proper delay?...Does this mod also have this? I know default arma has, but the distance scripts from Optical Snare in his beta soundfx mod do not, and I understand you are using those.

Yep, thus far it does.

Yep, thus far it does.

Explosions definitely have a delay, but I'm not 100% convinced that gunshots do. Maybe LJH can clarify?