What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Wow I absolutely like it! Looking forward to more interior footage and maybe you can get your hands on the awesome M230 aswell to make flying in this beast an perfect experience

Thanks a lot

PP

Sweet sounds coming from the updates. I like this because some of your air sounds in previous tended to be a little lighter in the depth dept, whereas this has a solid and deep sound to it :)

BTW heres a little reminder :

JARHEAD: >> MAKE BACKUPS <<

:p

I hear you mrcash ;) No worries, not again, NEVER again! he he.

Jarhead

Here is my new AH64 sound

Thanks to Ei8ght!

Hope you like it, and you know about the feedback I guess , he he.

Jarhead

Oh yeah, i can listen to it all day long baby!:p:D

good stuff!

Hi mate,

i can´t explain my feelings as i heard this sound the first time!

I´m speechless....! You´re unbeatable for real!

The landrover suprised me, the fighing sound scares me, the A10 kicked me down and the AH64 overhelmed me!!

Nobody can reach your work i guess!

Keep up your outstanding work and name it soon "Jarhead´s Real Sound Design and Development" :)

Sincerly

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

Here is my new AH64 sound

J.S.R.S. 1.4 AH64

Do not quote videos!

Thanks to Ei8ght!

Hope you like it, and you know about the feedback I guess , he he.

Jarhead

LJ thank you have done all the work yourself, I just find the right video.

With 1.4 of J.S.R.S I think we will get the best sound mod for arma series.

LordJarhead thank you very much and everyone who participates in near and far:D:D:yay::yay:

Edited by Foxhound

Super! Your addon files just have to come and live in my drive. So please, for the love of everything that is holy, that RPT stuff you mentioned, and the effect it might have if not sorted... :eek: Make it go away! :D

I dearly hope you get it sorted cause this is too good to get stuck on your drive. ;) Sounds make half the immersion. Your's probably more. Thanks for the effort!

Thanks Alex.... well, I checked the RPT after my MP round with my brother last week. And I only had some missing wss files so far. The rest was stuff like that:

Updating base class ->USMC_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier/

Unknown action Surrender

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.SBE_CZ_Special_Forces_TL_WLD_EP1'.

Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\bus\int\noise3.wss'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female02\cz\kdesakrajsteq.wss'

String STR_SOM_Transport_BRIEFING_NOT_ACCEPTED not found

Id Veh-96999 not found

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male04tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

Just some stuff of the whole list. After one week testing, multiple rounds of MP and SP the file has just 15500 entries and most of then, maybe 12000 are about "Cannot load sound" or so. But I fix that for sure mate!

The only thing from J.S.R.S. is Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l110a1\l110_s3.wss' and Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m60\m60_s2.wss' because i changed the M60_A1 to m60_S1 and so on. The rest might be because of the 10+ other addons. When playing J.S.R.S. alone, which I not testet so far, this might be alot better than.

Jarhead

Oh and again I have an updating base class for the Rover config:

Updating base class ->Sounds, by jsrs_rover_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Engine, by jsrs_rover_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Config looks like this:

class CfgPatches
{
class JSRS_Rover
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CA_AIR_E_MQ9PredatorB","CA_AIR_E_Su25","CA_Animals_E","CA_CruiseMissile","CA_Dubbing_E","CA_Dubbing_PMC","CA_DubbingRadio_PMC","CAAir_BAF_CH_47F","CAAir_E_A10","CAAir_E_C130J","CAAir_E_Halo","CAAir_E_Mi24","CAAir_E_MI8","CAAir_E_UH60M","CAAir_PMC_KA137","CAAir_PMC_KA60","CAAir2_Pchela1T","CASounds_E","CATracked_E_BMP2","CATracked_E_M1_Abrams","CATracked_E_M113","CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley","CATracked_E_T34","CATracked_E_T55","CATracked_E_T72","CATracked_E_us_m270mlrs","CATracked_E_ZSU","CATracked_W_BAF","CATracked2_AAV","CATracked2_BMP3","CATracked2_T90","CAWater2_Destroyer","CAWater2_fishing_boat","CAWater2_Fregata","CAWater2_seafox_EP1","CAWater2_smallboat_1","CAWeapons_AmmoBoxes","CAWeapons_DMR","CAWeapons_E_AGS","CAWeapons_E_AK","CAWeapons_E_Colt1911","CAWeapons_E_D30","CAWeapons_E_DSHKM","CAWeapons_E_FIM92_static","CAWeapons_E_fnfal","CAWeapons_E_G36","CAWeapons_E_GrenadeLauncher","CAWeapons_E_Igla","CAWeapons_E_Javelin","CAWeapons_E_KORD","CAWeapons_E_ksvk","CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield","CAweapons_E_m107","CAWeapons_E_M110","CAWeapons_E_M119_Howitzer","CAWeapons_E_M136","CAWeapons_E_M14","CAWeapons_E_M16","CAWeapons_E_M240","CAWeapons_E_M252_81mm_Mortar","CAWeapons_E_M2StaticMG","CAWeapons_E_M47","CAWeapons_E_M9","CAWeapons_E_MAAWS","CAWeapons_E_Makarov","CAWeapons_E_Metis","CAWeapons_E_Mk19_MiniTriPod","CAWeapons_E_PK","CAWeapons_E_Podnos_2b14_82mm","CAWeapons_E_RPG18","CAWeapons_E_RPG7","CAWeapons_E_scar","CAWeapons_E_Searchlight","CAWeapons_E_SPG9","CAWeapons_E_STATIC","CAWeapons_E_Stinger","CAWeapons_E_Strela","CAWeapons_E_TOW","CAWeapons_E_ZU23","CAWeapons_PMC_AA_12","CAWeapons_PMC_AS50","CAWeapons2_HuntingRifle","CAWeapons2_SMAW","CAWheeled_E_BRDM2","CAWheeled_E_BTR40","CAWheeled_E_BTR60","CAWheeled_E_HMMWV","CAWheeled_E_Ikarus","CAWheeled_E_LADA","CAWheeled_E_M1030","CAWheeled_E_MTVR","CAWheeled_E_Offroad","CAWheeled_E_Old_bike","CAWheeled_E_Old_moto","CAWheeled_E_Pickup","CAWheeled_E_s1203","CAWheeled_E_SCUD","CAWheeled_E_stryker","CAWheeled_E_SUV","CAWheeled_E_TT650","CAWheeled_E_UAZ","CAWheeled_E_Ural","CAWheeled_E_V3S","CAWheeled_E_Volha","CAWheeled_PMC_ArmoredSUV","CAWheeled_W_BAF","CAWheeled2_BTR90","CAWheeled2_GAZ39371","CAWheeled2_LAV25","CAWheeled2_MMT","CAWheeled2_TowingTractor","CAWheeled2_VWGolf","Warfare2_E","Warfare2Vehicles"};
	version = "2011-06-20";
	projectName = "JSRS - Jarhead's Sounds Redeployment Systems";
	author = "LordJarhead";
};
};
class CfgVehicles {
   class Land;    // External class reference

class LandVehicle : Land {
       class Sounds;    // External class reference
   };

class Car : LandVehicle {       
       class Sounds : Sounds {
           class Engine;    // External class reference
           class Movement;    // External class reference
       };
   };
class LandRover_Base: Car
{
	soundEngineOnInt[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Start",1,1};
	soundEngineOnExt[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Start",1,1,250};
	soundEngineOffInt[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Off",1,1};
	soundEngineOffExt[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Off",1,1,250};
	class SoundEvents
	{
		class AccelerationIn
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Acc",1,1};
		};
		class AccelerationOut
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Acc",1,1,300};
		};
	};
	class Sounds: Sounds {
           class Engine: Engine { 
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Low",1,1,300};
			volume = "engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.2,1])";
			cone[] = {1.75,2,1.5,1.25};
		};
		class EngineHighOut{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_High",1,1,400};
			frequency = "(randomizer*0.05+0.95)*rpm";
			volume = "engineOn*camPos*(thrust factor[0.5,1])";
		};
		class IdleOut
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Idle",1,1,250};
			frequency = "1";
			volume = "1.25*engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.5,0.15])";
			cone[] = {1.75,2,1.5,1.25};
		};
		class NoiseOut
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Ext_Noises",1,1,200};
		};
		class EngineLowIn
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Low",1,1};
		};
		class EngineHighIn
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_High",1,1};
		};
		class IdleIn
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Idle",1,1};
			frequency = "1";
			volume = "2*engineOn*(1-camPos)*(rpm factor[0.6,0.15])";
		};
		class NoiseIn
		{
			sound[] = {"\JSRS_Rover\Int_Noises",1,1};
		};
	};
};
};

Heres the RPT after playing JSRS just without any other mods Only CBA:

Exe timestamp: 2011/07/17 13:51:40
Current time:  2011/08/24 09:55:15

Version 1.59.79384
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Warning Message: Addon 'JSRS_ACE_Explosions' requires addon 'ace_c_weapon'
Warning Message: Addon 'JSRS_ACE_Explosions' requires addon 'ace_main'
Warning Message: Addon 'JSRS_ACE_Explosions' requires addon 'ace_sys_interaction'
Updating base class Overcast->, by torabora\torabora\config.bin/CfgWorlds/CAWorld/Weather/Overcast/
Updating base class ->Overcast, by ca\desert_e\config.bin/CfgWorlds/CAWorld/Weather/Overcast/
Updating base class ->Sounds, by jsrs_rover_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Base/Sounds/
Updating base class ->Engine, by jsrs_rover_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LandRover_Base/Sounds/Engine/
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgGlasses.Barett'.
Warning Message: No entry '.model'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
[123,45.841,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
[123,46.008,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]
[123,51.36,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[123,51.618,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 14"]
[125,53.903,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[125,54.358,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,3,148],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[125,54.389,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]
Warning Message: Kein Spieler ausgewählt!
Warning Message: Kein Spieler ausgewählt!
[5136,127.457,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
[5136,127.529,0,"MISSINIT","","Chernarus",false,true,false]
[5136,130.247,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[5136,130.718,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[5781,145.909,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[5781,145.955,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,3,148],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[5781,145.973,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]
[14038,461.309,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
[14038,461.336,0,"MISSINIT","","Chernarus",false,true,false]
[14038,462.381,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[14038,462.696,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[14120,472.033,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[14120,472.08,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,3,148],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[14120,472.099,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\hesdowne.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\hesdowne.wss'
[15154,496.414,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
[15154,496.441,0,"MISSINIT","","Chernarus",false,true,false]
[15154,497.51,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[15154,497.821,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[15219,505.475,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[15219,505.521,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,3,148],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[15219,505.54,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]
[16660,555.141,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
[16660,555.18,0,"MISSINIT","","Chernarus",false,true,false]
[16660,556.687,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]
[16660,556.999,0,"XEH: VehicleCrewInit: 0"]
[16862,572.489,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[16862,572.536,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,7,3,148],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]
[16862,572.6,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi!

I'm little confused: I'm using Six Updater 2.6 RC

Actually Jsrs-E/V/VW/W are installed, but the release version isn't displayed! Is this the 1.3 or what?

Hi!

I'm little confused: I'm using Six Updater 2.6 RC

Actually Jsrs-E/V/VW/W are installed, but the release version isn't displayed! Is this the 1.3 or what?

Hey buddy, welcome to forums!

LJ is kind enough to let as preview his work done so far with JSRS 1.4 so for now we all:p have JSRS 1.3

Im sure whenever there will be update, SU will let you know ;)

Hello Mr Jarhead,

I love your mod. I can't imagine the amount of work that was poured into it in order to accomplish such a fine job.

I have one question, tough. I have already been close to a .50 being fired and I have to say they sound simply massive. Don't wear ear protection and you'll get a very nice ringing in your ears after a few continuous bursts.

However, in your mod the .50cal has a pretty muffled sound, and it sounds almost as if it were somehow suppressed. Is that the way it's intended to sound in the mod?

Thank you again for a great piece of work.

============================================

Just another little note. I am getting CTD's whenever I fire a Hydra. I've read the thread and it seems the only solution is removing the Hydra sounds. Is that correct?

I've tested without any other loaded mods and the CTD still occurs.

Thanks again for a very good sound mod.

Edited by henrique_rp

LJ is kind enough to let as preview his work done so far with JSRS 1.4 so for now we all:p have JSRS 1.3

Right, I'm sure its up to date. If you want, download the Patch 1.33 to be really sure! This can be found in download section.

Hello Mr Jarhead,

I love your mod. I can't imagine the amount of work that was poured into it in order to accomplish such a fine job.

I have one question, tough. I have already been close to a .50 being fired and I have to say they sound simply massive. Don't wear ear protection and you'll get a very nice ringing in your ears after a few continuous bursts.

However, in your mod the .50cal has a pretty muffled sound, and it sounds almost as if it were somehow suppressed. Is that the way it's intended to sound in the mod?

Thank you again for a great piece of work.

============================================

Just another little note. I am getting CTD's whenever I fire a Hydra. I've read the thread and it seems the only solution is removing the Hydra sounds. Is that correct?

I've tested without any other loaded mods and the CTD still occurs.

Thanks again for a very good sound mod.

Yah, we had that sometimes before, and I still have no idea why the game ist crashing. I guess just delete the FFAR_c.pbo out of the JSRS-VW folder to get around that crash. I cant fix it, sry mate.

And yes, we had the conversation about the "Ma Deuce" also sometime. I know you want a heavy and terrible sound for that. Sure thing mate, I see if I can do that.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi LJH,

Any idea where these errors are originating ?

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_radio_chatter\shared\static\radionoise1.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_radio_chatter\shared\static\over02.wss'

They spam the RPT all the time. I'm using 1.33 version.

Cheers

You deleted something of the mod, like the Radiochatter.pbo in the JSRS-E folder?

Right, I'm sure its up to date. If you want, download the Patch 1.33 to be really sure! This can be found in download section.

Thanks for help!

Just patched to be sure. :)

Edited by Relevart

I will reinstall 1.33 but I dont think so, as radiochatter and radiochatter_c are there.

Hello LordJarhead!

This is first pak of video from -BERKUT- russian squad.Use it to make you mod better! its more realistic, and high quality.Please make ingame sounds more louder.

We appreciate the work, love your mod and we want to help you!

And we give you some vehicles video, if you need more good sounds like this - give me mail to 2142strelok@gmail.com

http://db.tt/QKaTf1m

Yah, we had that sometimes before, and I still have no idea why the game ist crashing. I guess just delete the FFAR_c.pbo out of the JSRS-VW folder to get around that crash. I cant fix it, sry mate.

And yes, we had the conversation about the "Ma Deuce" also sometime. I know you want a heavy and terrible sound for that. Sure thing mate, I see if I can do that.

Jarhead

Hello Mr Jarhead,

Thank you for your kind response. I have removed the Hydra sounds and it works perfectly again. I have replaced it with another Hydra sound from a different sound mod, and it's all fine as it is.

I'm eagerly looking forward to version 1.4 and those fine AH64 sounds you have presented us a few pages back.

Thank you yet again for your countless efforts you have poured into your project. They are much appreciated. :ok::ok::ok:

Thanks guys.

So, I had some testing in the last few hours and have to say, its running ... ok. After some more testing I might have to reduce the volume and bass of the distance effects to provide an audio colapse. Also I have to say, that we unfortunately have to place a vehicle on the map to get the distance script to run...

So, considering the fact that we have a slight performance penalty, when many shots are fired (about 30+ Soldier at once shooting) and that we are forced to put some Vehicle on the map, I have no other choice than provide two sets of configs! Some have settings such as they now have in 1.33 and working without the distance script. The others are set at close range, so that from a certain distance, the script takes over for distancesounds.

So I have to ask you, what would you do? As you know, you can test the Distancescript while using OS's Blastcore Soundmod.

Jarhead