What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

OMFG!! :eek:

You made an awesome decision to carry on with the project, I seriously cannot see how you could possibly improve on this, the immersion is terrifying, it will more then likely make me wet my pants and run with my tail between my legs away from any engagement...

Man.... This is going to kill me with 7.1, death by audio... is that possible? :p

You should think about having some beta testers when you have it at a releasable stage, rather then getting any bug reports sparsely after release, means you dont have to work as hard making patches :D

Again, great work mate, BIS hire this guy!!

EDIT:

Trying really hard to find something I can give feedback on, but honestly I cant fault what you've shown us so far.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

The new video sounded Good! :D

What i feel is missing, is louder infantry movement sounds, not that you were running to much in the last video.

For example when we play paintball at home, when i sneak, i hear my footsteps really loud, feels like everyone is hearing it from afar.

When we are in the shit, running, jumping and moving is very loud.

Also all movement sounds should be dependent on class or equipement used, for example a MG gunner would rattle more with his large gun, and big ammo.

Units packing backpacks filled with all sorts of heavy goodies, should also weigh more on the foot.

snipers in ghillies only sporting a nice rifle should weigh alot less etc...

wow!

Make sure you keep something for your other project :o

amazing LJ!

one thing I noticed is that there's alot of this thudding sound (bullets flying by)

Now I don't have any combat experience so maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I think there's like 3/4th of this thudding sound and 1/4th of other sonic cracks.

anyway that's my only 'remark' keep it up!

Edited by sarge4267

hoho.........:eek: I really liked the next released:D

-Jarhead check your PM

Sounds good LordJ. Though checking the rpt should imo rather be first order of business rather than last :P

Well it sounds good as always :)

In the video it says that u are using ACE, and ACEX does that mean that we have to use it if we want to use your mod?

Good work and I will be first to download it :)

No, this mod is not requires other mods, only CBA. Which most people using anyways to use ACE and such stuff ;) Oh, and at least, this is build up modular, so if you don't want to use it, you can easy delete the JSRS_distand pbo! And then you don't even need to run CBA ;)

The new video sounded Good! :D

What i feel is missing, is louder infantry movement sounds, not that you were running to much in the last video.

For example when we play paintball at home, when i sneak, i hear my footsteps really loud, feels like everyone is hearing it from afar.

When we are in the shit, running, jumping and moving is very loud.

Also all movement sounds should be dependent on class or equipement used, for example a MG gunner would rattle more with his large gun, and big ammo.

Units packing backpacks filled with all sorts of heavy goodies, should also weigh more on the foot.

snipers in ghillies only sporting a nice rifle should weigh alot less etc...

I know exactly what you mean mate. But also I was thinking about making them a bit lower in volume, say are loud as some of my cracks :D But I will upload videos of a sneaking mission, so we can check on this later mate!

wow!

Make sure you keep something for your other project :o

amazing LJ!

one thing I noticed is that there's alot of this thudding sound (bullets flying by)

Now I don't have any combat experience so maybe I'm wrong on this one, but I think there's like 3/4th of this thudding sound and 1/4th of other sonic cracks.

anyway that's my only 'remark' keep it up!

Yah, the Soniccracks are damn loud and sound great! But the faraway cracks are still placeholder to check the abilities in stereo working sounds. So they're getting moved for some new ones ...

hoho.........:eek: I really liked the next released:D

-Jarhead check your PM

Thanks mate, going to do that!

Sounds good LordJ. Though checking the rpt should imo rather be first order of business rather than last :P

Oh yes mate, no worries. I have a big and nice team on my hand ready for testing the whole stuff in MP rounds. Also I really just wanted to get this to run and thats the "First" result of my work. Theres a lot of things to do, such as RPT Cleaning!

So Guys, I hope you get the message behind Sickboys message: If there are any big issues we may have in MP because of all the eventhandlers and such stuff, this will probaly not going to be released! JSRS is to remain competitive and this can only happen if it runs properly in MP!

And as said before, I was not checking the RPT so far... just a quik look... so we really should wait waht will happening...

Jarhead

Oh and much thanks for your feedback guys ;)

Hi again,

Just wanted to see if you or anyone in this thread would be able to advise on how to get your BAF gun sounds working for the P:UKF Weapons as well? I know CSM did a sound replacement for them, but since I'm using JSRS (as it's awesome!) I'd like to use the same for those guns, too. Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Hi LJ!

Soo, 1st of all its great that you're open to suggestions and/or constructive criticism and also for showing as how's the masterpiece developing, thats awsome, thx :D!

Now to be completely honest LJ, i think the explosions were really better in project zero,what i liked the most about them was that; SNAP!!! SNAP!! short and RAW sounds, no f*** around if you know what i mean :p the immersion was 100% awsome buddy

( but oh well i do understand this is very subjective and might differ for ya all )

Anyhow

I've tried to find some videos on things that would help you to get better samples and that in my opinion would use bit more love:p here and there but damn its hard to find some decent videos without BS talk or music in the backround...

You might seen some of these alrady but -

( reasonably clean footage of BMP3, inside and outside + T90 in mud :D )

( MBT - might be useful for fire and whatnot )

( short but quite nice 30MM apache cannon fire from the cockpit )

( feel free to skip to 2:03, T90 start up )

( nice immersion, 50 cal M2 humwee shooting )

( your inside cabin humwee sounds are great(!) the only bit thats missing imho is the beautiful V8 block rew coming up under full gas

( vanilla has them but little too quiete )

the V8 is being best noticable at : from 1:12min and 2:15:D

( could be useful for some sound range for T90 maybe?)

anyhow hop this helps LJ!! Keep it up!:D

;2006236']Hi again' date='

Just wanted to see if you or anyone in this thread would be able to advise on how to get your BAF gun sounds working for the P:UKF Weapons as well? I know CSM did a sound replacement for them, but since I'm using JSRS (as it's awesome!) I'd like to use the same for those guns, too. Any help/advise would be appreciated.[/quote']

Ah yes, I forgot about your post mate, sry! Well, there woud be an config work to do to get them to work with another addon. I have alot to do with my project, so I can't do it... maybe someone else is writing an config or such stuff...

Hi LJ!

........anyhow hop this helps LJ!! Keep it up!:D

Hura, thanks alot mate. Theres a lot of potential in these vids, especially the last one!

Yah, I have alot of really nice stuff in stock for Project Zero and I really really have to hold me back, that I do not access this datas for JSRS.... ah its shame to have such awesome stuff on HDD while you cannot use it... its for PZero... :o

Jarhead

Yah, the Soniccracks are damn loud and sound great! But the faraway cracks are still placeholder to check the abilities in stereo working sounds. So they're getting moved for some new ones ...

howdy jarhead, found a nice soundlibary here

http://www.soundrangers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=320

g3pTOsemOzY

WunDvKbvtOo

Soundrangers, the Sound Effects and Music Library for the future!

We provide pre-edited, easy plug and play sounds for modern media.

One shots are precisely edited with multiple variations and ambiences are edited to loop

if u or a other soundmodder wanna buy a sound for your mod every now and then,

send me a pm or let us now ;) da werden sie geholfen hehee

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Ok LJ i haven't had time to watch the video until now, but man that was awesome. This is going to rock my headset! (hopefully)

But listen, you really need to work on your sniping skills ;p

Ok LJ i haven't had time to watch the video until now, but man that was awesome. This is going to rock my headset! (hopefully)

But listen, you really need to work on your sniping skills ;p

Well, I'm not a good sniper, but also not a player as you may no^^ This was just for testing things :D

Jarhead

After trying a few others I just started using JSRS and it is a definitely a keeper.

However, there is one sound that seems 'off'... at least for me anyway (it's all subjective, right?). I haven't nailed it down exactly but I'm pretty sure it is the Shilka ZSU-23. It's a kind of light, 'pingy' sound that my head just doesn't associate with such a wicked adversary.

My question is which .pbo it is that I would need to 'exchange' with another .pbo sound 'more to my liking'?

For example, let's say it is the ZSU-23. There are 3 different .pbo files (and bsign) files associated with the Shilka :

jsrs_zsu23

jsrs_zsu23_c

jsrs_zu23_c

Do I need to replace all three or just the main (13.9K) jsrs_zsu23.pbo.

I notice most (all?) of the sound files have a 2nd _c.pbo file associated with it. What are the _c files for?

Thanks, your help with the answer to this will allow me to eventually create the 'ultimate custom sound mod' for myself :)

jsrs_zsu23_c and jsrs_zu23_c are config files so you should only change jsrs_zsu23.pbo with the new sound. Dont change or delate files with _c. :)

Edited by tom3kb

jsrs_zsu23_c and jsrs_zu23_c are config files so you should only change jsrs_zsu23.pbo with the new sound. Dont change or delate files with _c. :)

thanks, just what I needed to know.

Also, I presume I need to rename the new sound to 'jsrs_zsu23.pbo'? Or does the new sound just need to be in the folder in place of the original jsrs .pbo?

@Westsailor

Im not sure with that, wait for LJ and he will know that for sure ;)

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Probably you need only change the *.pbo

Ok, waht exactly you want to change? The Weapon or the vehicle? If you want to change any sounds you would have to have another soundmod using the same modular system like I do.. and there are not so much doing that.

If you want to delete on effect, ONLY delete the _c.pbo because the others are soundcontainers which having sounds you would need for other _c.pbo's. So never delete one of the soundcontainers, only the _c.pbo of the specific effect you want to delete.

You would alos not able to just rename another sound container or config, all entries are different in those containers. Thatswhy you would need another soundmod with this modular system which is having an zsu23.pbo... but there will be noone else, for sure...

So, you are only able to delete this effect, maybe you like BIS ones more than mine, just try it out ;)

Jarhead

Very nice A10 vid just uploaded LJ, has some slight wind in it, but apart from that you can hear that whine :D

djNH2K7flBU

I'm probably repeating myself there, but YakB sound in JSRS just sucks xD

Than do it better mate :D

I was working on YAK anyways, so just chill...

Jarhead