What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

So, I reworked the soniccracks and the distancecracks. Sounds good so far. So I was askng my self if I should add the WarFX distance script which I was using for Project Zero. All sounds are already done so far and I would just have to include it into the mod. For Project Zero I would make new sounds because of the whole new scriptsystem.

I will ask OS for permission and fixing some stuff to bring it to work...

Jarhead

So, I reworked the soniccracks and the distancecracks. Sounds good so far. So I was askng my self if I should add the WarFX distance script which I was using for Project Zero. All sounds are already done so far and I would just have to include it into the mod. For Project Zero I would make new sounds because of the whole new scriptsystem.

I will ask OS for permission and fixing some stuff to bring it to work...

Jarhead

realy nice new`s

Coooooooooooooooooooooool, Sounds great... when's release date? haha just kidding :D

New A10 jetsounds sound good, After watching some real footage and some DCS: A10c the JSRS A10 sounded like a chihuahua in a pit bull fight, no ommmpphh if you get me.... so this rework sounds great, keep up the hard work LJ!!

If I was you LJ, I wouldn't add the distant sounds stuff to JSRS because those of us who cannot afford to have hundreds of event handlers firing every minute can still use it!

;2003355']Coooooooooooooooooooooool' date=' Sounds great... when's release date? haha just kidding :D

New A10 jetsounds sound good, After watching some real footage and some DCS: A10c the JSRS A10 sounded like a chihuahua in a pit bull fight, no ommmpphh if you get me.... so this rework sounds great, keep up the hard work LJ!![/quote']

Yah, its not much new on the A10 itself, its just the distance jet sounds. But I get you point, maybe I will rework the whole A10, I just wanted to rework all vehicles... and yah, release date is around 23th oktober 2029 ;)

If I was you LJ, I wouldn't add the distant sounds stuff to JSRS because those of us who cannot afford to have hundreds of event handlers firing every minute can still use it!

Thats why we have the modular system mate ;) No worry, if you don't want to use it, delete it like all the other stuff ;)

Those people can still use 1.32 ;)

Well, 1.32 will not be able to work in MP anymore after releasing 1.4 because of a new key and V2 Sings :)

Jarhead

This is the sort of sound I'm talking about LJ, I love hearing that distinct whine the A10 makes whether its taxing past you or flying overhead

Engine Start Up

UW_g1vBswf4

Fly By

RyhY_rskmUc

Approach & Landing

PzrZ2FfwmFE

Even this you can hear the distinct whine the A10 engines make when heard from behind, its a film yeah, but the sounds are epic!!

eT9k7mGze4I

Last video is a good time for the 1.4 release date no? :D

;2003456']This is the sort of sound I'm talking about LJ' date=' I love hearing that distinct whine the A10 makes whether its taxing past you or flying overhead

Even this you can hear the distinct whine the A10 engines make when heard from behind, its a film yeah, but the sounds are epic!!

Last video is a good time for the 1.4 release date no? :D[/quote']

Ha ha, yeah thanks alot, I going to check them all to see if I can use some stuff from it.

Oh and I have Terminator 4 on Blue-Ray (of course!!!!!) but.... hey come on, you have to understand me! I want to have my time with it! 2018 is far too early, I would have to hurry! 2029 is indeed not so far away!

..... what the hell mate, 2012 the world will end anyways!^^

Ok, I got permission from OS to use the script for JSRS ;) I've already implemented it and it works very well so far! Now it's about to add even more effects. WarFX limited only to the most popular weapons such as M16, Ak74 or FNFal, only 29 or so. My intention is to expand the selection! So adding the 20mm and 30mm cannons, Silenced weapons and explosions maybe! All this will stand out in the next few days. But suffice to say that: The feeling has now changed considerably and makes a completely new "face" of the mod! I guess this'll be interesting!

Jarhead

Haha yeah, indeed it will, it has too.... I mean its when we're hosting the olympics so something has to go wrong before then :p

Nice, well looking forward with what you come up with for 1.4 :)

I'm not saying you should use this exact same sound, it should be used as a sort of inspiration, listen to that distinct whine of the engines, remember with the A10 too loud is never too loud :D

iJa-OUm21no

Trying to find some good real life footage from the cockpit is proving harder then I thought...

VIPER

Yeah, its not always as easy as for Abrams or popular vehicles (A10 is one of the most popular vehicles of course, but also its a secret what happening in such a mashine [Chinese could make some photos lol]).

But sure, I know what you mean, I have some good references here, and I guess its just fine to get this distinct whine into the game ;)

But more importand are the distances now: I made alot of weapons working and now know abit more how to edit the script. But I need sounds! Sounds of shootings.

Someone postet me some videos of lybian war... I would show you what I mean if I just could find them, I only have them on my HDD but with another name (lybien schüße) because it was in Libyan spelling! Something like

مرحبا، أهلا بكم ÙÙŠ ليبيا

I guess you know what I mean^^ So I cannot find it, but dont need to, I have it already but need more of such video (just a guys with a cam was running with others who has guns and shooting on.... soldiers...)

If you can find something or even know some good videos of shootings or even war, with good quality, please post them ;)

Jarhead

Hey Jarhead I posted something before that has excellent quality of distant firing.

But as I also mentionned you need to ask permission to use it:

LJ,

I was browsing arma and I found this sound library:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13458

It has amazing sounds in it.

To use it you'll need to ask permition.

anyway just thought I would share it.

I received a mail from him that he's working on a new version

Hey,

I pulled my NIAC script from the community yeah. It is still ongoing in development for the next version which has a ton of new features.

I might resume working on it next week if I find the motivation... some of the features if you're interested:

Zone creation (replaces marker system) with automatic water / ground detection

Automatic town detection playing from a dedicated town ambience bank

Configs to utilise the new sounds from ASL

I may re-release yes, undecided.

So maybe you can talk to this guy?

RUK_ASL is some fantastic work, I personally have tried to motivate rexehuk to continue his work, and I've used his mod in a mission of mine, the immersion is crazy.

@PP good to watch great to listen to ^^

@LJ Cant wait to see what you come up with, even if you cant/wont implement this distance feature into the A10 I'm sure it'll surpass my expectations. :)

Not nice to look at but

some good samples at the end

Thanks for the Vids mate, at the end there where some good ones, but most time to many guys shooting at once (and not really hit something^^)

Thanks mate...

Hey Jarhead I posted something before that has excellent quality of distant firing.

But as I also mentionned you need to ask permission to use it:

I received a mail from him that he's working on a new version

So maybe you can talk to this guy?

Rexehuk was not givin me permission, I'm not allowed to use this stuff. And anyways, its the work of someone else, and this speaks against my own rules in terms of the sound modding.

;2004261']RUK_ASL is some fantastic work' date=' I personally have tried to motivate rexehuk to continue his work, and I've used his mod in a mission of mine, the immersion is crazy.

@PP good to watch great to listen to ^^

@LJ Cant wait to see what you come up with, even if you cant/wont implement this distance feature into the A10 I'm sure it'll surpass my expectations. :)[/quote']

Yah, well we'll see if I can do something with my A10... I thought its good enough at first... I'lll see what I can do for you mate ;)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Great sounds man! I like! One thing tho, the lack of base...

You should add more base and deep base to your sounds.

Great sounds man! I like! One thing tho, the lack of base...

You should add more base and deep base to your sounds.

I think you mean bass right? ;)

---------- Post added at 03:13 ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 ----------

Yah, well we'll see if I can do something with my A10... I thought its good enough at first... I'lll see what I can do for you mate ;)

Jarhead

For little old me? I'm honoured, thanks again :D

Well johanna, I'm not an expert in such stuff, I'm just a kid playing around with some editors, but maybe I can try to say something to it:

The frequencies indicate how many frequencies are locked into a sound file. If you have a 22.5 Khz file, it has a poorer quality, since all frequencies are reduced to only 22500! If you have a 192kHz file, there are 192000 different frequencies, and which provides for a richer sound. The best example is the introduction of the MP3 file in 1995. Why is it smaller than a WMA? Because all the frequencies that can not heard by human ears be removed during the conversion.

Well, at least its not really possible to let a soundcard convert a sound from 22.5kHz to 192kHz just because you set up some settings. At least the Soundcarf cannot be getting broken because of such "unlikely" progress...

So, just set it up to 192kHz and lets play a game. If you have any peformance hit at all, you know probaly why this is. But there should be no performance hit.

The Asus Essence soundcard is a high quality and a up-to-the-minute hardware, it should normaly set up the kHz scale automaticly... so there should be no problem setting up the card to 192kHz...

Jarhead

PS: Guys, more videos of shootouts, maybe range fires and such stuff where the camguy is not exactly standing nearby the shooters...

So guys, here is the Video of J.S.R.S. 1.4 ReArt Alpha with some of the new effects. I was playing different missions, mostly SOM, different islands and different enemies and daytimes. I was playing with 10+ other mods and most importand with ACE/ACEX/ACERU and hat no problems so far. I was not checking the RPT so far, but it seems to just missing wss files at all. And I had no performance hits so far, so it seems to be working... if not, look the video and see what you will never get than :D

J.S.R.S. 1.4 ReArt Alpha

Pojpbmf1Ju4

So, take a look and bring some feedback. Now you may know why I need more videos of distance shoots.

Oh and please don't come up with just "Good!" or "I would do it like this bla bla!"! I need real feedback! And I also want to hear what you like and what not! So please be constructive...

Thanks a lot guys, hope you liked it ;)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Well it sounds good as always :)

In the video it says that u are using ACE, and ACEX does that mean that we have to use it if we want to use your mod?

Good work and I will be first to download it :)

Ho... Wha... The... Uh...

That is... friggin' BRILLIANT! The sense of depth, the feel... and that BASS! You've got yourself a winner, from the sounds of it. I don't know what sort of techno-wizardry you've pulled off, but it works!

I think what I like the most is that each sound is distinct and powerful, but not just loud, you know? There's a nice, working balance between presence and volume, which I don't think I've quite seen in a sound mod of this sort to date.

Pardon the terrible, overused, cliche of a phrase, but keep up the good work!

(Or else!)