What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

It's taken me this long to realize that the MAAWS has a vanilla launch sound.

Edit: Also, the static L111A1 has no sounds at all. All I hear is the cartridge hitting the ground.

I'm going to check that mate!

So, here is my plan.

After I saw the thread about the ASE I was just happy! I wanted to use this script system and all its part for Projet Zero, but ASE is not done so far and maybe will take a long time to be done.

So I'm stock, don't want to work further on Project Zero till I can use the ASE system. So I though about JSRS and its users. You play with that mod, and while playing maybe each day, its getting boring more and more. So, I want something to work on, and to come back into the editing part after the long break. And nothing might be better than an already finished mod to work with. All I have to do is just Audiopart, nothing with configs and stuff like that (instead of trouble fixing).

So, whats about an J.S.R.S. 1.4 Re-Art or Remastered. I will put the whole mod in the new softwares I wasn't able to work with while working on JSRS 1.3. So I can now work with full plugins, new softwares, new technics and so on.

Fixing some wrong sounds, EQ-matchin, Part-Noise-Reduction, Audio-Restoration, Click- and Crackle Removal and/or Clipped-Peak Restoration are giving me just full possibilities to get much more out of it. Making sounds louder, more adjusted, clearer, but also softer, more digital than before. Just bringing this old work up to date.

So my plan is first to work on all vehicles to fixing some stuff and strange volume issues. Just looking how I just can jump into this...

So guys, what do you think? I mean, I would do it anyways, but I wanted to hear you opinion too!

Jarhead

I think you have a handful of tiny issues with the mod right now. If you fix those,* you'll have half the community happily running your sounds without complaints or demands. And that gives you time to work on technology and experiment.

I think ASE is worth waiting for, but not if it's going to be months. Or you could start preparing the multiple sounds per weapon that ASE would require. Cleaning up the vehicle sounds in a re-mastered version would be a big improvement, though.

*Like the AK-74 config, which is causing crashes with ACE and beta patches now.

Nice LJ. Unfortunately there's one serious issue that prevents me from finalizing the ACSE core engine.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16753

This one is needed, so the mod can be used outside Single Player. Please vote it up - hopefully we get more attention from BIS programmers on it.

Edited by zGuba

sounds good LJ..just do what you think is best

Thanks mate! :)

I think you have a handful of tiny issues with the mod right now. If you fix those,* you'll have half the community happily running your sounds without complaints or demands. And that gives you time to work on technology and experiment.

I think ASE is worth waiting for, but not if it's going to be months. Or you could start preparing the multiple sounds per weapon that ASE would require. Cleaning up the vehicle sounds in a re-mastered version would be a big improvement, though.

*Like the AK-74 config, which is causing crashes with ACE and beta patches now.

Yeah, sure thing. It would maybe great if you can, you all I mean, listing all these small error so I can make a to-do list for me. If will kick the AK74GP out of the mod, so this should fix it. Otherwise you may want to explain me again what the problem was exactly. As said, i was along time out of editing and co.

Nice LJ. Unfortunately there's one serious issue that prevents me from finalizing the ACSE core engine.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16753

This one is needed, so the mod can be used outside Single Player. Please vote it up - hopefully we get more attention from BIS programmers on it.

Voted! ;)

Jarhead

Yeah, sure thing. It would maybe great if you can, you all I mean, listing all these small error so I can make a to-do list for me. If will kick the AK74GP out of the mod, so this should fix it. Otherwise you may want to explain me again what the problem was exactly. As said, i was along time out of editing and co.

I just made three devheaven tickets. I linked to a thread where some ACE devs explain the AK-74 problem. Basically they changed the gun so the AI would fire in bursts, and when the AI does this, the sounds are vanilla.

Hi, i would like to know if the JSRS 1.33 still has the CTD issue with ACE ffar rockets. Thx. :) If yes, when it will get fixed? I totally love this mod, but can't use it because Im frequently flying choppers and this prevents me from shooting ffar's.

I linked to a thread where some ACE devs explain the AK-74 problem. Basically they changed the gun so the AI would fire in bursts, and when the AI does this, the sounds are vanilla.
However the essence of the problem is that JSRS overrides AK sounds in AK sub-classes instead of AK base class (where BIS has defined the sounds, and where ACE correctly inherits from).

So although this might seem an "ACE problem", it is caused by JSRS alternate located AK sound overrides.

Fix is easy. More details in the ticket.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Hi, i would like to know if the JSRS 1.33 still has the CTD issue with ACE ffar rockets. Thx. :) If yes, when it will get fixed? I totally love this mod, but can't use it because Im frequently flying choppers and this prevents me from shooting ffar's.
If this isn't ticketed at the ACE tracker, please do, we can at least provide analysis and possible resolution, either in ACE or JSRS depending on which strays from the path BIS layed out for us :) Edited by Sickboy

Sorry I'm a FNG and it's kind of hard to look through hundreds of pages to find my answer.

I hear some sound mods are modular. As far as i know, this means i can customize what custom sounds work for the weapons, vehicles, etc. Is there such a customization option for this mod?

Every sound in JSRS has its own PBO file and config (Well almost all), so simply removing that config and its same named pbo will mean it wont play or use that sound, and any mod that has a replacement of that sound you put in place of it or in priority will work instead of it.

Its the most modular out TBH.

But ... it all depends on how modular the "other" sound mod is to only replace that one sound. Some of them have say all guns under one pbo so its all or nothing etc.

Ahhh right thanks. So does that mean i could just make a folder in the addons folder in the JSRS mod and put whatever sound's pbo I don't want in it to make it not work?

I wish there was some sort of config file where i can just enter a little text to disable or enable a particular sound.

I just made three devheaven tickets. I linked to a thread where some ACE devs explain the AK-74 problem. Basically they changed the gun so the AI would fire in bursts, and when the AI does this, the sounds are vanilla.

Yah, thanks. Gonna check it!

There will be no way fixing this because....

However the essence of the problem is that JSRS overrides AK sounds in AK sub-classes instead of AK base class (where BIS has defined the sounds, and where ACE correctly inherits from).

So although this might seem an "ACE problem", it is caused by JSRS alternate located AK sound overrides.

Fix is easy. More details in the ticket.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

If this isn't ticketed at the ACE tracker, please do, we can at least provide analysis and possible resolution, either in ACE or JSRS depending on which strays from the path BIS layed out for us :)

.... there is an error with an Audiox2.dll or something when the game is crashing. I tried with differen source sounds, different configs, config changes and so on. This was changing nothing, the game was still crashing. So at least it might be not even my mod, maybe the game itself has an error in this way, corze I cannot really imagine that a soundfrequency in normal sections will causing such an crash. Or the config. So I just suggest you just delete the FFAR_c.pbo! Because.....

Every sound in JSRS has its own PBO file and config (Well almost all), so simply removing that config and its same named pbo will mean it wont play or use that sound, and any mod that has a replacement of that sound you put in place of it or in priority will work instead of it.

Its the most modular out TBH.

But ... it all depends on how modular the "other" sound mod is to only replace that one sound. Some of them have say all guns under one pbo so its all or nothing etc.

.... it is very, very, VERY importand that you only delete the _c.pbo! For some vehicles you only have an _c.pbo (which is the config). Some _configs are using sounds from other sound.pbo files. Jackal using for example the Bradley sounds,so you only have an Jackal_c.pbo!

Never delete the sund.pbo's, only the _c.pbo's to provide other vehicles having no sounds! Because people coming really fast and tell me about an error with sounds not working and such stuff.... please remember this and....

Ahhh right thanks. So does that mean i could just make a folder in the addons folder in the JSRS mod and put whatever sound's pbo I don't want in it to make it not work?

I wish there was some sort of config file where i can just enter a little text to disable or enable a particular sound.

... yes, you can make an BACKUP-Folder if you want in the Addons folders of JSRS-E/W/VW/V and put there all _c.pbo's of weapons and vehicles you don't want to use!

Jarhead

move ffar and ffar_c to a disabled folder so they don't cause CTDs, that's what I do.

move ffar and ffar_c to a disabled folder so they don't cause CTDs, that's what I do.

Well, I just repeat my self again:

.... it is very, very, VERY importand that you only delete the _c.pbo! For some vehicles you only have an _c.pbo (which is the config). Some _configs are using sounds from other sound.pbo files. Jackal using for example the Bradley sounds,so you only have an Jackal_c.pbo!

Never delete the sound.pbo's, only the _c.pbo's to provide other vehicles having no sounds! Because people coming really fast and tell me about an error with sounds not working and such stuff.... please remember this....

Jarhead

Whenever im firing Hydra missiles my Arma 2 Combined ops crashes, which file I need to delete to get back default Hydra sound to fix the problem? I tried to look from mods sound files one with Hydra or something like that as part of its name but couldnt find it...

Whenever im firing Hydra missiles my Arma 2 Combined ops crashes, which file I need to delete to get back default Hydra sound to fix the problem? I tried to look from mods sound files one with Hydra or something like that as part of its name but couldnt find it...

kyonfacepalm3.png

I think you need this in your signature LJ ^^ some people just never learn :D

@Pvjinflight I will let you alone with one combination of letters: FFAR ;)

Just some sites back we talked about that problem. Well, we talk about that since the first release^^

Just delete the ffar_c.pbo in your JSRS_VW folder and this should be fixed ;)

@PP: I hope not^^ thatswhy we have a readme, so I maybe should add this information to it.

Jarhead

I hope not^^ thatswhy we have a readme, so I maybe should add this information to it.

Jarhead

maybe instead of naming it the readme, it should be named something like, YOUHAVEWON or FUCK!NGURGENT! because people never read a file when its called readme :D

!!Authors_Notes!! is a good one ;)

I'm going to check that mate!

So, here is my plan.

After I saw the thread about the ASE I was just happy! I wanted to use this script system and all its part for Projet Zero, but ASE is not done so far and maybe will take a long time to be done.

So I'm stock, don't want to work further on Project Zero till I can use the ASE system. So I though about JSRS and its users. You play with that mod, and while playing maybe each day, its getting boring more and more. So, I want something to work on, and to come back into the editing part after the long break. And nothing might be better than an already finished mod to work with. All I have to do is just Audiopart, nothing with configs and stuff like that (instead of trouble fixing).

So, whats about an J.S.R.S. 1.4 Re-Art or Remastered. I will put the whole mod in the new softwares I wasn't able to work with while working on JSRS 1.3. So I can now work with full plugins, new softwares, new technics and so on.

Fixing some wrong sounds, EQ-matchin, Part-Noise-Reduction, Audio-Restoration, Click- and Crackle Removal and/or Clipped-Peak Restoration are giving me just full possibilities to get much more out of it. Making sounds louder, more adjusted, clearer, but also softer, more digital than before. Just bringing this old work up to date.

So my plan is first to work on all vehicles to fixing some stuff and strange volume issues. Just looking how I just can jump into this...

So guys, what do you think? I mean, I would do it anyways, but I wanted to hear you opinion too!

Jarhead

Sounds absolutely brilliant! Looking forward to it.

Well I am looking forward to any of your work lord LJ! I was pretty much amazed by the videos from Project zero, left ya comment there too:p

With that said im eager to see how the project zero gonna evolve:)

Keep it up!

you should use reversed psychology

Instead of "readme" use "don't read!!"

Thanks you very much :D Yeah I installed these sounds some time ago but didnt happen to play mission with Hydras before yesterday so I had deleted readme already and was too lazy to search through this whole thread.

;2002968']maybe instead of naming it the readme' date=' it should be named something like, YOUHAVEWON or FUCK!NGURGENT! because people never read a file when its called readme :D

!!Authors_Notes!! is a good one ;)[/quote']

Irrelevant-information-which-you-can-also-ask-in-the-forum.txt would maybe working^^

Sounds absolutely brilliant! Looking forward to it.

Thanks ;)

Well I am looking forward to any of your work lord LJ! I was pretty much amazed by the videos from Project zero, left ya comment there too:p

With that said im eager to see how the project zero gonna evolve:)

Keep it up!

Ouhhh, I love comments ;) Most people don't react on such stuff, so I'm happy about all people really givin' feedback! Well done ;)

you should use reversed psychology

Instead of "readme" use "don't read!!"

Yeah, this should work for real! "Oh, it would be better if you do not read through this! No. Do not do it! NEVER! Do not touch it!"

Thanks you very much :D Yeah I installed these sounds some time ago but didnt happen to play mission with Hydras before yesterday so I had deleted readme already and was too lazy to search through this whole thread.

Well, now you know it better for the next time mate. Hey, no worries, we're not incompetent or antisocial he he^^ BUT SOMETIME THIS FUCKING SHIT IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVS, God damn it! ..... but hey.... :p joking

So guys, I was reworking some stuff like A10 (with a new distance jetfly sounds which sounds totally awesome) the Abrams (just some EQ-Matchin' for inside and outside, made it a bit louder from inside) the Vodnik (Also EQ-M and some Audio-Restoration. In inside I added some more engine noises) and a bit on the T90 (just the inside a bit more louder and alos EQ)

All in all I now want to go further and just adding more noises to some vehicles. I have received a lot of new stuff and can work with that, also mashine and hydraulic noises (If you also have some video for stuff like that, post them ;) ).

I will work on the soniccracks also, making them in Stereo to achive an unbelieveable ambience just like I was recieving in Project Zero (Which is NOT DEAD! Just a break, don't worry)

All in all, if I have some good results I will show you this ofcourse.

Jarhead