What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

everytime i try downloading the 1.32 full version i end up having around 10 corrupt files trying to extract the files..did you upload a corrupt package?

The Version is online since some months. You really think I wouldn't reupload it if there would be an error like this, since some months?^^

Maybe try another Browser or another download site like Armaholic ;) Or Arma2Base.de. They all have JSRS in stock. Try there. I'm sure I hear about these errors the first time now.

Also, if anyone is interessting you can take a look into the Tech-Talk in the Arma2Base-Forums for some more informations about Soundediting with me. Just like another interview, but more like a cconversation while sitting on couch ^^

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=456

Please take a look. Would be great to get some feedback ;)

Thanks guys.

Some new informations: I will update all sings and the key to V2 Signatures. All older signs and the old key will be useless, so you have to update to JSRS 1.4 when its out. Just an safety progress for a cheater-free gameplay. The update will be avaiable in some months.

Please be patient, theres not alot of time to work on this atm.

Jarhead

i dont know what this is , i downloaded it from different mirrors , still corrupt.

so i was like..maybe my hdd is fucked up , okay ill just save the file on my 2nd physical hdd

and yet the same error , wtf is going on

You might want to test your RAM ascendence, I've seen bad RAM causing this before...

You might want to test your RAM ascendence, I've seen bad RAM causing this before...

okay thanks ,i just tried hd tune pro and checked my drives , those are fine , ill try and test my ram thanks bro

Try installing it from SixUpdater.

good idea ill just do that , i didnt think of that , thanks!

Those 'ooph' noises soldiers make when they get shot also plays when you shoot corpses. Dead people can't grunt in pain. And interestingly, the tapestries in Takistani houses also cry out when you shoot them. I'd imagine that female civilians will also have male voices when shot.

Yah maybe. I didn't noticed that before. Well, I can rework that for 1.4. I will make a collect-errors-post to get a whole overview about all the errors and issues you may have, or not. Then we can collect this stuff and talk about all your concerns.

Jarhead

...Well, I can rework that for 1.4. ...

Version 1.4? What?! You finally saved my day Jarhead! :) Great news...

And by the way: i think i know some guys that would test that baby day & night! :D

You know where to find us... ;)

All the best, Mike.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Have been playing with this soundmod last week now.

When im in my Abrahams approacing the battlefield to the hiss of the beefy gasturbine, while my Commander unleashes his devastating 50´ rounds at the hostile rpg team on my left flank and my main gunner fires a deafning sabot round at the T72 up ahead in the streets...

I giggle abit and feel euphoric :)

sound is half the game, thank you for this.

Have been playing with this soundmod last week now.

When im in my Abrahams approacing the battlefield to the hiss of the beefy gasturbine, while my Commander unleashes his devastating 50´ rounds at the hostile rpg team on my left flank and my main gunner fires a deafning sabot round at the T72 up ahead in the streets...

I giggle abit and feel euphoric :)

sound is half the game, thank you for this.

I prefer it when I am that RPG team, hearing the gas turbines get closer as .50 rounds make popping noises overhead, until they find the range and I hear concrete splattering and spraying all over the place.

Sure thing Mike ;) We'll do so for sure.

Jarhead

Sounds good - opened a thread in the forum for v1.4. You should be able too see it as always. ;)

So when you´re done with 1.4 we are ready for testing...

Regards,

Mike

First off I havent gone back through this long thread so sorry if this has come up already ...

I noticed I had no sound for the Jackal in BAF vehicles, so when I checked my @JSRS-V/addons folder I noticed that all I only had its config file "jsrs_jackal_c.pbo" and bisign file, but no actual audio pbo.

I thought this was odd so I re ran sixupdater a moment ago and re checked and updated it, specifically the @JSRS-V. I looked again and there is still no audio pbo being picked up or transferred?

Is it me, or is this missing?

Going by naming structure I cant find "jsrs_jackal.pbo" (or a different ID?) and Sixupdater didn't seem to pull it down either (Kellys heroes server). Anyone care to help? Is it missing, can anyone up that pbo for me at all? Am I going a bit mental? Who can see what file it is and do you have it?

BTW the actual original install was from the latest packed 700 mb or so zip with the patch dumped onto it after, then I converted to sixupdater to check it. (I have since removed the original zip package to check it).

Edited by mrcash2009

LordJarhead, you made great sound mad! PLZ merge all patches in standalone addon!

Because many unexperienced noobs cant understand 'what download?' and command line in game shortcut have only 255 simbols... In different situations mod line not a have enough space...

Please merge all patches in one update or repak pbos...

Thanks for Merge! Funs need this!

First off I havent gone back through this long thread so sorry if this has come up already ...

I noticed I had no sound for the Jackal in BAF vehicles, so when I checked my @JSRS-V/addons folder I noticed that all I only had its config file "jsrs_jackal_c.pbo" and bisign file, but no actual audio pbo.

I thought this was odd so I re ran sixupdater a moment ago and re checked and updated it, specifically the @JSRS-V. I looked again and there is still no audio pbo being picked up or transferred?

Is it me, or is this missing?

Going by naming structure I cant find "jsrs_jackal.pbo" (or a different ID?) and Sixupdater didn't seem to pull it down either (Kellys heroes server). Anyone care to help? Is it missing, can anyone up that pbo for me at all? Am I going a bit mental? Who can see what file it is and do you have it?

BTW the actual original install was from the latest packed 700 mb or so zip with the patch dumped onto it after, then I converted to sixupdater to check it. (I have since removed the original zip package to check it).

Hey,

yah, there are several vehicles which only have an config pbo while using different sounds from other audio pbo. Same goes for the Jackal, which should use the sounds of the Bradley, I think. So I think this vehicle was working fine while testing it before the last FULL 1.32. But I don't remember, still not able to play.

Well, if you have no sounds (or at least vanilla) I guess its just a broken config. Easy to fix. I put it on the list for a big 1.4 J.S.R.S. Re-Art or something :D

LordJarhead, you made great sound mad! PLZ merge all patches in standalone addon!

Because many unexperienced noobs cant understand 'what download?' and command line in game shortcut have only 255 simbols... In different situations mod line not a have enough space...

Please merge all patches in one update or repak pbos...

Thanks for Merge! Funs need this!

Sure thing, I will put everything together in my 1.4 JSRS, so no patches or DLC stuff anymore. Just one big file ;)

Jarhead

Thanks for reply Jarhead.

I think that is a red herring for me then, I can assume no one else reporting would mean that It probably is fine, I will test again and lessen my mod mix. I just assumed that was my problem with the fact a pbo was missing, so that not being the case i will probably search a conflict fix my end.

Sorry about that.

The Jackal is a wheeled vehicle so why would it use the Bradley sounds? I think you meant the Warrior.

Sure thing, I will put everything together in my 1.4 JSRS, so no patches or DLC stuff anymore. Just one big file ;)

Jarhead

Oh damn! please dont made one BIG PBO :):eek::D

And when you plan realise 1.4 ver?

Maby you can make a new evolution video review about changelog at beta version and version today ;)?

Because many users dont know what that they download...

p.s. traffic = $/14gb per month...

Thanks

Edited by J-Guid

The Jackal is a wheeled vehicle so why would it use the Bradley sounds? I think you meant the Warrior.

Yah, Or so. And then the Jackal was using Humvee sounds^^ I don't know anymore^^

Oh damn! please dont made one BIG PBO :):eek::D

And when you plan realise 1.4 ver?

Maby you can make a new evolution video review about changelog at beta version and version today ;)?

Because many users dont know what that they download...

p.s. traffic = $/14gb per month...

Thanks

No no mate, one big download, thousands of pbo's :D

Well, there is atm not much to fix on this version. 1.33 is just nearly perfect (in my eyes at least) and I nearly covering most importand vehicles ingame. Just some civil cars still vanilla, but did most of you really use them? But this is unimportand, a good soundmod makes even these small undedective stuff sounds good.

So guys, I maybe have something for you, but I want to talk about my "special" plan for JSRS with someone else first. He is a good friend of mine and I really appreciate his opinion. So I going to have a little chat and come back with my plans and ideas for JSRS 1.4.

Jarhead

Yes, I think most of the members of the comunity where I play uses your mod (maybe all uses it because we put it on our addonsync) and we are more than 40 people, also I know another comunity that we play together in TvTs and coops, and all of them uses JSRS as well

Wow, thanks SpetS15, nice to hear such an information ;) Awesome! It's nice to hear what progress this mod has done so far!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

It's taken me this long to realize that the MAAWS has a vanilla launch sound.

Edit: Also, the static L111A1 has no sounds at all. All I hear is the cartridge hitting the ground.

Edited by maturin