What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Can someone with the CTD after FFAR use post his crash logs in the CIT:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Does anyone have the jsrs_uh60.pbo?

I only have the config (jsrs_uh60_c.pbo) which causes missing sounds and mutes the helo.

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_start.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_low.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_idle.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_high.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_start.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_low.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_idle.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_high.wss'

I don't think uh60.pbo exists, since the UH-60 should have a config file that uses Army Blackhawk sounds from MH-60.pbo

I'll trade you for a quick AK-74 fix :p

Hey kju,

well, there are several old configs and vehicle.pbo's which are not existing anymore because of spacsaving. Thatswhy I always say: Delete all older stuff.

There is the new UH60_c.pbo which is using sounds from mh60.pbo. There is maybe an error with your download? Well, the OLD UH60_c has those entries, but they're changed to MH60.pbo. I'm sure of that. Well, I always sure of my work, but you see what's all this about :D

Pure, where the hell are you, I need you here he he XD

Jarhead

well, there are several old configs and vehicle.pbo's which are not existing anymore because of spacsaving. Thatswhy I always say: Delete all older stuff.

Jarhead

Ok, but which stuff counts as old? The last few releases have been partial ones.

Should we start with 1.3 complete and add on from there?

I have not removed any pbos so far and applied every update.

How could lead this to missing pbos?

I don't know. But please, restart with everything after 1.32 FULL and than install the Patch 1.33. There should be everything in it and it should be working great without any RPT's. At least, you have to play Arma2CO Vanilla and JSRS, without any other mods to really test things. ACE for example overwrites some of my sounds, Gau8 for example. Or the explosions for Satchels, which should be fixed by using the ace_explosions_c.pbo.

So, delete everything, all older stuff. Just ALL. Then just 1.32 FULL with the patch 1.33 and you have a clean and working error free version, I'm sure of that!

Otherwise, it has been mentioned in the readme, thoug...

@kju: Yeah, you had. But I worked on my mod too^^ I used the updates from you to get rid of all the errors, which was working great. But sooner or later the mod was just going bigger and bigger. I used two PBO, MH60 and UH60 which were using the exactly same sounds. So I deleted one of them, the UH60.pbo and wrote new entries in the UH60_c.pbo to use MH60.pbo sounds.

Same for towingTruck which is using Humvee Sounds. Or Warrior using Bradley sounds (I guess). Or VS35, UH1Y using AH1Z sounds and so on. Just to saving space and save me alot of work.

Jarhead

Weird :)

Anyway looking forward to the next full release when it happens. :D

don't know if it has been reported, but the British FFAR's (the HE and FAT ones) don't have any launching sound what-so-ever, and I'm pretty sure you know that the AH11 Wildcat still has vanilla sounds, but no a problem, just an area of improvement, you probably get this a lot, but I have to say that the latest versions of JSRS have completely stopped me from using any other soundmods, you definitely got the formula right there!

One little issue I have though is that the M16 and M4 sound a little quiet, now I know they aren't the loudest guns on the battlefield but from personal experience of firing an M16A2 and also hearing M4's they have a bit of a thud to them, although they sounds aren't bad, just giving my opinion.

One little issue I have though is that the M16 and M4 sound a little quiet, now I know they aren't the loudest guns on the battlefield but from personal experience of firing an M16A2 and also hearing M4's they have a bit of a thud to them, although they sounds aren't bad, just giving my opinion.

Have you tried the alternate versions of the M4 and M16 in one of the DLC packs?

hmm, do you mean the woodland pack etc.? I haven't recently, I might try it again, also I realised I didn't describe the sound very well at all lol, so here is a vid that sounds good, even though it is youtube.

although when you are holding the weapon you can hear the inside workings of the weapon a little more.

Usually on own server, I play with my own ambient package, which appears to be fine (no guarantees). But going online on signature checked servers I enable the JSRS ambient package instead and noticed a quirk. When it rains, the rain sound keeps going in and out. Is this a problem with the sound mod or within OA itself? Can anyone else keep a lookout for it?

hmm, do you mean the woodland pack etc.? I haven't recently, I might try it again, also I realised I didn't describe the sound very well at all lol, so here is a vid that sounds good, even though it is youtube.

although when you are holding the weapon you can hear the inside workings of the weapon a little more.

No, I mean the authentic competition whatchamacallit.

Hey Militantsausage,

well, I have to inforn you, that there will be no further work on JSRS. Just fixing stuff and adding the last vehicles as configs using several existing sounds. No new sounds or sound reworks! I will fully focus on ProjectZero.

Jarhead

yeah ok, no probs, been trying the ACCN pack and it has great M4 and M16 sounds, everything else I love, except for the M134 not working, but yeah, great job to get it to such a professional level jarhead!

yeah ok, no probs, been trying the ACCN pack and it has great M4 and M16 sounds, everything else I love, except for the M134 not working, but yeah, great job to get it to such a professional level jarhead!

Thank you mate ;)

Jarhead

I love and hate you're addon LJ!

Sounds are a big kick in the butt!

I can't talk since bullet cracks fly past my head.

My heart is pumping too much to aim right.

Awesome!

Hey man! I've been playing with the russians alot recently and just wanted to say how menacing their armor sounds! Especially the BMP3, its engine plus its two cannons scares the crap out of me and I'm on the same side! :D

How come it's so hard to make it work?

Then you do it, you gobby git !

Hey man! I've been playing with the russians alot recently and just wanted to say how menacing their armor sounds! Especially the BMP3, its engine plus its two cannons scares the crap out of me and I'm on the same side! :D

Well the BMP3 is a mean machine

DUDE

this mode is just awesome...

since i started playing games... i've noticed that the gun sounds are all crap, because they make weapons look like they're TOYS... in real life a gun fire is LOUD as hell... but you can't feel that playing games like cod, cs, etc etc...

JSRS mod just made the gun sounds LOUD and scary, just like they're suposed to be...

BUT i have a problem... i've downloaded the version 1.32... and the M2 sound is to low... the sound is cool, but its not loud... its like a bb gun.... i wanted a LOUD noise, because its a .50 gun... its a powerful beast lolololool...

so, does anyone here knows how to fix the m2 machingun sound??

cya, btw, i know, my english isnt the best... i hope u guys understand what i was trying to say, cya!

i donwloaded the patch...

the m2 .50 sound still weak.. ='(

its like booooom shaaaaaaaa.... the sound is kinda cool, but its not loud like the other weapons.... even the 5.56 m16 sounds louder...

god, help........

i donwloaded the patch...

the m2 .50 sound still weak.. ='(

its like booooom shaaaaaaaa.... the sound is kinda cool, but its not loud like the other weapons.... even the 5.56 m16 sounds louder...

god, help........

If you like, download Real Warfare Soundmod and just use their m2hmg.pbo file. I feel like a jerk advertizing a whole different soundmod in this thread, but RWS is quite good at closing up the tiny gaps in JSRS.