What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Love the mod, the only issue I have is when using the mod and trying to fire rockets, game crashes.

Rocket fire crashes the game.

CRASH LOG:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArmA2OA.exe

Application Version: 1.59.79.384

Application Timestamp: 4d8cde6f

Fault Module Name: XAudio2_4.dll

Fault Module Version: 9.26.1590.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 49bebf9f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0004ee8d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

7aLFS7d2FBE

Yeah, same here. Was playing with a friend yesterday. We were in AH64D and when he fired FFARs we both got CTD. Few days earlier game crashed while firing FFARs from A10 just like on your vid.

Three's a crowd, but I also get crashes when firing FFARs with JSRS 1.32. Seems only to be FFARs, though; I can go crazy with the Russian equivalent to my heart's content, and there's not so much as a hiccup.

Everything else works like a charm, though, but it's definitely something worth looking into.

UH-1Y seems to have no sound at all, RPT is full of

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ah1z\ext_low.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ah1z\ext_idle.wss'

Also got

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_explosions\smoke1.wss'

Will continue to test.

Hi,

I'm still not able to get a new system, so you have to wait for some updates. This FFAR error I have since RC and I don't know why this happening. Did anyone have an idea? I don't think its the soundfile, but could it be? You fired the FFAR or Hydras (which is the same at least) earlier before... I did it by myself, and it was working nice. From time to time the game is crashing... I should rework the audiofile when I get back...

UH-1Y seems to have no sound at all, RPT is full of

Can't be. The files are there if you didn't delete them! I told you anyways if you want to delete any vehicle or weapon sound, delete the _c.pbo (config) ONLY! There are several configs using sounds from the same pbo. AH1Z_c and UH1Y_c using the same source pbo (AH1Z.pbo).

So check your game again mate. Look into the JSRS-V folder if there is the AH1Z. The files are in there, I'm sure!

So sry guys if I'm not a big help... trying to put some stuff together and I will try to givve an library sound from my Ex-HDD for the FFAR that the game isn't crashing anymore.

Jarhead

Also got

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_explosions\smoke1.wss'

I played for 3 houres and had 41813 of these in my RPT....

What about this one?

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH1 in 'jsrs_ah1_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah1z_c\'

Edited by NoBrainer

Hey, no big deal, man; computers exploding is a problem I'm all too familiar with. (Far... FAR too familiar with. And usually MY fault, but that's a different story for a different time.)

Strange thing about the FFAR crash is, it doesn't happen with 100% regularity. Sometimes it acts just like it should, other times (possibly when there's a lot of action, like in the Armory or, in my experience, during an Evolution mission) I'll get off about six-to-eight shots before there's a crash.

The only thing that seems to be common to the crashes is that A) It's always when I fire multiple rockets in a short period of time and B) it usually happens when there are other units on the map besides myself. I'm no expert on coding or the sound system integrated into the game, but perhaps something about the frequent replaying of the sound is overloading it, somehow?

Wish I could elaborate better, but I'm afraid error-hunting isn't my cup of tea. I'm more of the "Smash things together until they stick" sort. XD

I have noticed when deploying smoke in CROWS Humvys or Strykers while static, the sound tends to play for a long time well after the smoke has depleted, it's like an ever present hiss, quite annoying after a while using a headset...

I played for 3 houres and had 41813 of these in my RPT....

Its a missing sound file, I had that before. Getting fixed!

What about this one?

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH1 in 'jsrs_ah1_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah1z_c\'

I told you to delete all older files before installing any new Version of JSRS. I told you to delete older stuff like JSRS 1.3 RC. Just install 1.32 FULL with has all files you need.

jsrs_ah1_c is a older files which has been deleted and replaced with jsrs_ah1z_c. Read the readme please! This wouldn't happening than.

Yah, right DiscountAnubis. Don't know how to fix it. So I think I just upload a new soundfile and a big patch...

Jarhead

Hopefully you get your situation fixed Jarhead, I've overall had a great experience with JSRS altogether. Keep on trucking!

Yeah, that seems like the best plan. 'Course, now I'm curious at what could have possibly caused it!

My best guess? Gremlins. Or Aliens. Possibly even Bigfoot, in some sort of collaboration with the Loch Ness monster, all funded by an (evil) clone of Elvis Presley.

Did I mention I'm REALLY bad at error-hunting?

But, anywho, thanks for the prompt reply, and don't work yourself too hard! At the end of the day, JSRS is STILL one of the absolute best soundmods out there, (if not the most complete) and I hope I speak for most people here when I say that you've done a fantastic job with it! It's obvious a lot of love went into this project, and that's something that deserves a lot of respect. If you were here in Arizona, (Not recommended, it's currently 116 degrees Fahrenheit here, and the scorpions are territorial) I'd gladly buy you a drink!

Its a missing sound file, I had that before. Getting fixed!

Thanks, it was just a comment...

I told you to delete all older files before installing any new Version of JSRS. I told you to delete older stuff like JSRS 1.3 RC. Just install 1.32 FULL with has all files you need

Yes I know and I have just downloaded 1.32 FULL and with the fixes you have had since....

Not that I read the readme, but you said it when you released 1.32 FULL.

I am quite lazy, and I thought it was easier to just delete all old folders and start from scratch. So that's what I got now.

Yeah, that seems like the best plan. 'Course, now I'm curious at what could have possibly caused it!

My best guess? Gremlins. Or Aliens. Possibly even Bigfoot, in some sort of collaboration with the Loch Ness monster, all funded by an (evil) clone of Elvis Presley.

Did I mention I'm REALLY bad at error-hunting?

But, anywho, thanks for the prompt reply, and don't work yourself too hard! At the end of the day, JSRS is STILL one of the absolute best soundmods out there, (if not the most complete) and I hope I speak for most people here when I say that you've done a fantastic job with it! It's obvious a lot of love went into this project, and that's something that deserves a lot of respect. If you were here in Arizona, (Not recommended, it's currently 116 degrees Fahrenheit here, and the scorpions are territorial) I'd gladly buy you a drink!

Ha ha, yea mate, It was definitely BigFoot and the gremlins, someone gave them water after at night! :D Oh 116 degrees sounds nice if you ask me ;) But I'm not a friend of scorpions...

Thanks, it was just a comment...

Yes I know and I have just downloaded 1.32 FULL and with the fixes you have had since....

Not that I read the readme, but you said it when you released 1.32 FULL.

I am quite lazy, and I thought it was easier to just delete all old folders and start from scratch. So that's what I got now.

Don't worry, I will make a patch and fix this all and we will be able to play without errors.... well.... if you have a computer... not like me^^

How about an addon logo at the bottom of the screen?

Yeah great Idea... I will add this to the frontpage and into the download section...

So, I'm greatly able to work on the computer of a friend today, so I can work AND test the patch and the mod again. I will work on the thinks you posted and try to fix them! Just give me some time!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

will the next patch or version jsrs whenever that may be have v2 key and sigs ?

Would be not possible, or you would have to download the whole mod again! I will make this later. And upload it as 1.4 with new sounds again, for civil cars and so ... so theres no BIS sound ...

But it would take me several hours...

Jarhead

EDIT: Have some new sounds for the FFAR, gonna test if the game is crashing or not. If... I would have to look into the config, or even delete it.

the list at dev-heaven, is that "all" the error messages or is it more on your list?

and....if I play multiplayer (which is the only thing I do) and I have the latest JSRS and some other client has an old version. Would that be visible in my RPT?

Just wondering

Dont know, but maybe. There are some error in the older version which spaming your RPT with L85_dry.wss or something. But I don't know. I will reset everything and delete the old keys. So noone will be able to play with an old version anymore instead of LAN games or something like that.

New Key's amd V2 sigs will be in 1.4.

So,

I reworked the FFAR sounds, played them only in AH1z and A10, gonna test them in AH64D too. I fixed the missing Smoke1 error, just a config thing. I reworked the gau just in volume and made it louder. Also there are some other fixes in this patch, at least it goes for an error free gameplay. After that, I will add new stuff, new vehicles or effects. But I really want to work further on PZero than.

So I will upload the patch (600KB) and post the link soon!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

EDIT: Testet AH64D and its not crashing on my side. Maybe on another time with members in my team or other vehicles. Gonna testing again.

EDIT2: Ok, it working fine. I had a big battle between 3 AH64D's and 4 Mi24V and there was no crash or soundproblem. Nothing at all. The problem is, the FFAR sound is getting played in a loop. This means that the second sound is played only if the first one is over. Therefore I must keep the sound a bit short. Thus I lose somewhat of the effect .. Let's see if I can conjure up with something else. Maybe some new effect or so... Also I made the smokegrenades working finally! Just a bit work on the sound and we are good to go for a new patch.

Edited by LordJarhead

Good Work LJ!!

Has anyone else noticed the impacts on soldiers after they have been killed produce a sickening sound also he still makes groans etc.... is this jsrs or limited to the engine itself?

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;1972430']Good Work LJ!!

Has anyone else noticed the impacts on soldiers after they have been killed produce a sickening sound also he still makes groans etc.... is this jsrs or limited to the engine itself?

Thats JSRS. Its just when getting hit you cough out loud and going to die. But noone should shoot on dead people mate! So just don't shoot on dead bodys and this only appears while getting hit by a bullet, or so^^

hahaha, well it's a must to do this while playing ACE Insurgency (due to the wounding system) if there uncouscious they'll just get up and shoot you :p

Ha ha, ok^^ Than you just have to ignore it :D IGNORE IT NoBrainer!^^

Jarhead

What happened to your pc LJ? I tried to track back a bit but couldnt find it. What parts are broken?

And thanks heeps for a great mod mate. ;)