What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Just a quick error report. Playing the A2 campaign, I get an error message related to the towing tractor :) No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/TowingTractor/Sounds/Engine.frequency. I can't imagine any other addons I have that may cause this. If you don't get this error, ignore this post.

Supporting you too, Bro...

After all you´ve done for the ArmA / BI Com, this little Present is a must! :)

Keep moving..und halt die Ohren steif!

Bye!

H28

Yah, I just saw it! Thank you mate! Really!!!! THANKS!

Just a quick error report. Playing the A2 campaign, I get an error message related to the towing tractor :) No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/TowingTractor/Sounds/Engine.frequency. I can't imagine any other addons I have that may cause this. If you don't get this error, ignore this post.

Well I fixed that error with 1.32. Seems you have the old 1.3 or so? I imagine this was getting fixed. I hope I didn't missed to put it into the game. Well I cannot test as you may know :p So anyone else have this error?

Thanks for so much...

Jarhead

EDIT: I checked the configs on my extern HDD and I have there an folder where 1.32 is fully unpacked and it seems like I missed to put it in. Yes, frequency error. Got it. I try to make a patch with my Laptop later... I hope I can reach KH soon, corze I cant reach the ftp for an unknown reason...

Thanks,

Edited by LordJarhead

I tried the tractor myself after seeing CG's post, and I cant reproduce the error, seems fine with me using 1.32...

This was with basic placement of the tractor in chernarus, not with the campaign.

LJ, please take your time and fix what has come up before you release it.

Might also do signatures.

I don't think everybody "needs" many small quick fixes. If all config errors can be fixed and released as 1.33 or somthing and with new signatures. I belive that would be the best for the sound module.

Then maybe, if you can afford a new pc, release improved sounds later.

I agree, it's not something critical. Everything seems to work about it, so can probably wait for the next version.

I can confirm that JSRS triggers the following error message:

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/TowingTractor/Sounds/Engine.frequency

At the start of the Trial by by Fire SP mission.

FYI I'm running CO.

Thank you guys for your Donations! I collected over 160€ since weekend! Unbelieveable! Thank you so much for you donations!

And I also have a good news: I'm able to reach the ftp server again and I also able to upload the patch! I will search again for all errors, which where not so much this time! Then I upload this config (With a louder Gau8 [ I'm not able to edit sounds on my laptop, just some small stuff, so I turned up the volume a bit!]) and will post the link soon!

Thank you guys for your awesome help, this is amazing! -> a®ma'zin... lol

Thanks,

Jarhead

So here is the patch. I just put some files together, so I hope its all there ...

At least: I can't test the new files or Arma2, as you know. So I hope you can test it. While doing this, please do it without any other mods.

Here is the link for the J.S.R.S. 1.32 HotFix

If there's any problems or error, post them, I will put them on the list...

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Thanks for the hotfix LJ, I was just introduced to this earlier today maybe you can watch it in your spare time?

Note, I'm on 4500seconds with karaoke mode on, hit the top left sound modify to get the full effect :D if you think thats sad.... my mates on 45000 seconds :p

Thanks for the hotfix. A little bug.

Bolt sound is played 2x on CZ550.

Any plans for a side project on TKOH? I did a quick try, have the sounds and everything, but doing things from scratch something always goes down the drain - I hate config work without mergeConfigFile :(

I noticed some strange looping sound with AH6. Im not sure if its intended or not.

OK, there is engine sound and another looping sound in the background that sounds like "bunch of bees". Sorry for poor description, but its hard to describe.

Edited by 11aTony

Its a hydraulic engine noise which is played inside the AH6J. Its the Oilpressure-System behind the Pilotseat. Or just something like that. So it should be like that.

Well, as long as we talk about the same thing. You can also hear in inside the AAV7P if I'm right ....

As said, I'm not able to test the mod now, so its might be the sound I made, otherwise it could also be a config problem, but I don't think so...

Jarhead

Hi,

Thanks alot for an awesome sound mod. I have just applied the 1.32 hotfix and my event log if filled with these errors if I deploy a smoke grenade:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_explosions\smoke1.wss'

I also get a Conflicting addon JSRS_AH1 in 'jsrs_ah1_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah1z_c\' error.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks alot for an awesome sound mod. I have just applied the 1.32 hotfix and my event log if filled with these errors if I deploy a smoke grenade:

Yes, I already got it. I think I will try to fix this and upload a last patch.

I also get a Conflicting addon JSRS_AH1 in 'jsrs_ah1_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah1z_c\' error.

Cheers

You read the Readme? Were I said you HAVE to delete all older Parts of JSRS! AH1_c was a part of 1.3 FULL. Its not existing in 1.32 anymore... so ;)

Thanks,

Jarhead

Any ideas what causes this one?

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\bus\int\noise3.wss'

Any ideas what causes this one?

Cannot load sound 'ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\bus\int\noise3.wss'

Yah, not JSRS! :D

Jarhead

I can say with some certainty that the ACE edition of JSRS has some issues still. Mostly with the silenced 416's.

Did you manage to get the M134 minigun sound working?

Just tested it and didn't hear anything new.

I've been using the RWS M134 as a stop-gap measure.