What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

what did you change on the new one ? can we have a brief changelog ?

Edit : don't read what i wrote i found it on armaholic ;)

Maybe you should take a look on frontpage, there is this FAT BIG RED LINK NAMEND: "CHANGELOG" .... maybe thats the answer :D:D

yeah yeah my bad sorry i don't really check the front page because generaly you post it on the release message ;)

There is a way to get my Gau8 sounds with ACE, you could just delete the ace_sys_A10.pbo which mostly contains the sounds. Than you would have the "beauty of the voice"! Are there any more vehicles with that strange sounds?

Jarhead

Nice, will remember the A10 trick. I'll try and get some more testing done tonight and see if there's other vehicles causing any problems :) Hopefully I don't come off as arrogant or trying to be mean here - I really do love your sounds but I obviously want compatibility.

Nice, will remember the A10 trick. I'll try and get some more testing done tonight and see if there's other vehicles causing any problems :) Hopefully I don't come off as arrogant or trying to be mean here - I really do love your sounds but I obviously want compatibility.

No mate, you don't! The compatibility will be a big problem! ACE alone causes no RPT's I guess, but with JSRS together the list is really fast full of RPT's... updating base classes mostly...

Sadly,

Jarhead

OK, after quick test.

L85A2 grenade launcher has stock sound.

Mk13 has the same sound as M32. I think it should sound like M203 since its basically the same thing if Im not mistaken.

M79 also has M32 sound which should also sound more like M203 I think.

US AA Pod has stock sound.

Thanks for the Infos mate!

Well, for now I'll leave the soundmodding for a while, still just to thinking about other things. But above all, to get new energy and new motivation to invest in new projects! J.S.R.S. cost me a lot of time. There is a feeling of completion to have reached this point! The first error-free version!

I have to thank some very special people for this though!

MarkXIII - For the best Teacher I ever had! For all the time you put into me and my work, and for all the nice chattin' with ya! Thank you for this mod!

kju - For all the hard config stuff, all the time and work you put into my configs! Without you, this project would be gone serveral months ago!

DarkXess - For all the help and the constructive comments, thanks mate!

mrcash2009 - Also for your nice comments and the way you tried to exlpaining stuff to me! Thanks!

JMan - Thanks for being there when we need you! You always doing a nice job mate! Thanks, just THANKS!

PurePassion - For all you're awesome video-posts and for being such a nice mate and trainee! He he, thanks alot mate!

Hellfire257 - For the best way of explaining me this updating-base-shit! You solved this problem at all! You was such a nice help! Thanks so much for this little config, which was bringin light into the dark!

Miller - Thanks for keeping this stuff published! Thanks for the nice chattin'! You did a nice job!

McLupo - For such a nice interview! For all the conversations and for youre awesome loyalty to me and my work! Thanks for so much mate! You're the best!

rexehuk - For being such an ass, ha ha ha! Na, Joking! Thanks for youre, really harsh motivation boost^^ Well, I hope we can bury our differences! Thanks alot!

KellyHereos.eu - Thanks for mirroring my mod! Thanks for all the hard work you have to do to publish this all and thanks for youre time and everything!

Brigade2010.de - Thanks for the best german Arma Clan I know! Thanks for doing the Beta-tests and for your time! We will be have much more to test in future, he he!

Armaholic.com - Thanks for publishing my mod, and thanks for mirroring the first beta's! You gave this mod the start!

Arma2Base.de - Thanks for youre nice infos, your forums and for publishing my work! Awesome mates!

DevHeaven.net - Thanks for JSRS being in youre Mod Wiki, thanks for having a Site and a bugtracker! Thanks for just keeping this mods alive!

Thanks to the community, to everyone who is playing with this mod, who has trust in it, who has gave comments or who support this mod!

Thanks to all who have donated to me! That was the first time in my life, that I got money for my Hobby! YOU JUST CAN'T IMAGINE THIS FEELING! THANKS SO MUCH!

Some one I forget? So tell me I will add you to the list of the most importand people in my SM-Life! You all made this happen! I was just the small light putting some magic into the sounds^^

Thanks for this! And finally: Just have a good time with J.S.R.S.! Be happy to hold a part of something special in your hands!

Thanks alot. And see you soon!

LordJarhead!

Edited by LordJarhead

After much hesitation I've finally decided to step up and take the JSRS experience.

However before I do so, I had a quick question:

* What is the difference between the 4 folders?

@JSRS-E

@JSRS-V

@JSRS-VW

@JSRS-W

I had a look in your readme and the first page of this thread but found no mention of either.

Or put another way "Is it wrong to put all the pbos in the same folder?"

After much hesitation I've finally decided to step up and take the JSRS experience.

However before I do so, I had a quick question:

* What is the difference between the 4 folders?

@JSRS-E

@JSRS-V

@JSRS-VW

@JSRS-W

I had a look in your readme and the first page of this thread but found no mention of either.

Or put another way "Is it wrong to put all the pbos in the same folder?"

It's sounds for various things, Vehicle Weapons, Vehicles, Weapons etc. in modular form. So you use them all if you want the full experience.

Good to know you ironed out things, and yes its an achievement alright what with the data loss and all the other shinanigans.

mrcash2009 - Also for your nice comments and the way you tried to exlpaining stuff to me! Thanks!

You had me at early Beta ...

jerrymaguire_2.jpg

:eek::):p

Edited by mrcash2009

JSRS updated on Six Updater Network.

JSRS-E delta: 17.5 MB

sent 17.55M bytes received 63.05K bytes 597.12K bytes/sec

total size is 296.87M speedup is 16.85

JSRS-V delta: 181 MB

sent 181.00M bytes received 460.78K bytes 571.52K bytes/sec

total size is 706.75M speedup is 3.89

JSRS-VW delta: 98 KB

sent 97.34K bytes received 3.22K bytes 28.73K bytes/sec

total size is 29.83M speedup is 296.66

JSRS-W delta: 234 KB

sent 234.36K bytes received 8.33K bytes 97.08K bytes/sec

total size is 108.11M speedup is 445.48

Thumbs up for the latest release, it actually is .rpt clean!

But i fear it won´t change the stance of server admins, since the key you are using for your older non updated "DLC" addons is the same as 1.32´s - and this will allow players to connect with addons that are still causing errors.

I´d suggest you make a seperate key for 1.32, leave the old DLC´s as they are. Then every admin can at least choose if he´s going to gamble with the older files or not. As it is now we must insist on not having clients connect with jsrs.

JSRS updated on Six Updater Network.

JSRS-E delta: 17.5 MB

sent 17.55M bytes received 63.05K bytes 597.12K bytes/sec

total size is 296.87M speedup is 16.85

JSRS-V delta: 181 MB

sent 181.00M bytes received 460.78K bytes 571.52K bytes/sec

total size is 706.75M speedup is 3.89

JSRS-VW delta: 98 KB

sent 97.34K bytes received 3.22K bytes 28.73K bytes/sec

total size is 29.83M speedup is 296.66

JSRS-W delta: 234 KB

sent 234.36K bytes received 8.33K bytes 97.08K bytes/sec

total size is 108.11M speedup is 445.48

Huge ... awesome mate, this is really good! Thanks alot!

Thumbs up for the latest release, it actually is .rpt clean!

But i fear it won´t change the stance of server admins, since the key you are using for your older non updated "DLC" addons is the same as 1.32´s - and this will allow players to connect with addons that are still causing errors.

I´d suggest you make a seperate key for 1.32, leave the old DLC´s as they are. Then every admin can at least choose if he´s going to gamble with the older files or not. As it is now we must insist on not having clients connect with jsrs.

Well, thats an good idea mate! I gonna set up some things, fixing some of the last errors (Vanilla weapons and so on) and fixing some config entries (UH1Y has wrong interior sound) and reworking all Bisign files. Making new keys.

So I can work on new stuff, like new vehicles and add some new stuff at all and would make a big load, like 1.4! But first I take a long rest of SM!

Thanks,

Jarhead

@LJ You can ask MadMike in our Brig Forum if you need help with the Keys and Signatures (He is a genius with that). I´m sure he will gladly help you.

No credits to me? Am I not the one who motivated you with my harsh and blunt words? :rolleyes:

Nice to see the update... hopefully it will be error free, in which case kudos to you.

Update:

rexehuk - For being such an ass, ha ha ha! Na, Joking! Thanks for youre, really harsh motivation boost^^ Well, I hope we can bury our differences! Thanks alot!

:D

Jarhead

@you LJ

you are very welcome! I enjoyed every click and second of it. Especially the results ;)

I am really looking into a bright future with you on my side and what we maybe will be achieve one day.

So thanks a lot for every piece of your work, your baby and passion: JSRS

it really came out GREAT!

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

just discovered the "thanks" button ^^

Hallo Jarhead!

Thanks for the massive Effort and Support, you´ve putted into JSRS! Without it, ArmA would not be the same for me, and many others too. Kudos! :)

Hello Jarhead,

thx for developing the "Sound of ArmA"!

Thx for your patience with me and your honest style!

Cu

McLupo

I don't think there's a single sound in the game that I don't like now.

Following this thread has turned me into a sound junkie, trolling through youtube videos and everything. I've practiced a lot of self-help along the way too, badgering Jarhead about the sounds I wanted most and keeping on until the sonic cracks became the best, most terrifying thing in the ArmA community. So thanks for putting up with all of us, and because of you I shudder at the prospect of testing my new mission without any addons enabled.

I don't think there's a single sound in the game that I don't like now.

There is for me - "IncomingChallenge" - which I delete all references too :D

There is for me - "IncomingChallenge" - which I delete all references too :D

I like the dingaling, lol