What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Bell AH-1 Cobra

less talking

I think a combination of the 2 video would be a good idea. The "clicking" noise and very begginning from the first video and most of the startup of the second video would be perfect!

Edited by PurePassion

Good stuff. Thanks mate!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Bell AH-1 Cobra

Did you take some sleep somedays? Awesome mate :D

Jarhead

Just remember that the AH-1Z and UH-1Y in ARMA 2 sound differently from earlier ones. the key thing to look for is the 4 blade design.

Thanks black for the info! Good to know!!

Thanks alot,

Jarhead

Can I use this sound mod with Operation arrowhead?

If not which one should I use?

Thanks

Those videos are showing "old" AH-1F , the newer one AH-1Z is four-blade and it have very different sound than old two-blade ones

Anymore AH1Z or UH1Y videos with four blade machines? I don't want to use a two blade sounds and pitchin' it up. Sounds terrible.

Also I wanted to make the SUV and LandRovers. Do you have good stuff for them too?

Thanks alot guys,

Jarhead

quick search, but gonna do a detailed one tommorrow, because im pretty "high" right now... and really need some sleep ;)

Some of the tank guns (Abrams in particular) could use a major volume boost. Also, did you get rid of all the old small arms impact sounds?

Anymore AH1Z or UH1Y videos with four blade machines? I don't want to use a two blade sounds and pitchin' it up. Sounds terrible.

Also I wanted to make the SUV and LandRovers. Do you have good stuff for them too?

Thanks alot guys,

Jarhead

For UH1Y you can use Bell 412 sounds - its basicly almost same engine and etc

For AH1Z - it's very difficult to find proper sounds for it - you try to mix some Bell 412 sounds and you got Viper :)

Bell 412

could almost make the whole package just with this one-perfect startup

- interior startup

- interior flying sounds

noisy at the beginning but better static engine noise later in the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBzEHAD5SNw&feature=related

the missing flying sounds for various distances ( windy from time to time)

- more flying

perfect bass sound for accelerating (user has 10 more of this)

so there you go ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Hello!

The new 1.3 is really great...thanks so much Jarhead. I had one slight problem now (installation and everything is working great otherwise)...

When creating a "sandbox" mission in Takistan, I put just about all the ammo boxes and just about all the main vehicles (empty) so I can load this mission up and try it with friends...however before it loads I get one error message prior to it loading:

"Error: Creating weapon AGS17 with scope=private"

Does anyone else have this or know what is causing this? The JSRS mod is the first and only mod I've used on this clean install of ARMA2: OA...never had any problems.

Thanks in advance very much!

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

So I did some messing around and found that to be the weapon on the BTR90 armoured vehicle. The grenade launcher to be specific...it always pops up once when I first place it/load it.

Any reason why this happens?

Obviously this isn't a killer problem or anything...just curious though...I am kind of OCD and like the game to run smooth/problem free! :)

Thanks again for anyone who can help!

Hello!

The new 1.3 is really great...thanks so much Jarhead. I had one slight problem now (installation and everything is working great otherwise)...

When creating a "sandbox" mission in Takistan, I put just about all the ammo boxes and just about all the main vehicles (empty) so I can load this mission up and try it with friends...however before it loads I get one error message prior to it loading:

Does anyone else have this or know what is causing this? The JSRS mod is the first and only mod I've used on this clean install of ARMA2: OA...never had any problems.

@up

we reported about this bug, so LJ knows of him maybe in future patch LJ will fix this. :)

@tom3kb,

Were you responding to me? Sorry...just not sure who you were talking to.

If so, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong...

Right :D You are aware of upcoming Arma3 aren't you? :D

Ha ha ha, maybe a little preparation mate^^

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

For UH1Y you can use Bell 412 sounds - its basicly almost same engine and etc

For AH1Z - it's very difficult to find proper sounds for it - you try to mix some Bell 412 sounds and you got Viper :)

Ha, thanks mate! Gonna try this out! Thanks alot.

Some of the tank guns (Abrams in particular) could use a major volume boost. Also, did you get rid of all the old small arms impact sounds?

Yah, you may right on the Volume boost. The small arms impacts (do you mean 9mm) I didn't changed them, bigger types (5.56x and so on) are mostly changed. Otherwise, why you don't just give it a try and see it for your self :D

Bell 412

could almost make the whole package just with this one-perfect startup

- interior startup

- interior flying sounds

noisy at the beginning but better static engine noise later in the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBzEHAD5SNw&feature=related

the missing flying sounds for various ditances ( windy from time to time)

- more flying

perfect bass sound for accelerating (user has 10 more of this)

so there you go ;)

Well, you must have a lot of freetime mate! Thanks so much! Awesome work!

Hello!

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

So I did some messing around and found that to be the weapon on the BTR90 armoured vehicle. The grenade launcher to be specific...it always pops up once when I first place it/load it.

Any reason why this happens?

Obviously this isn't a killer problem or anything...just curious though...I am kind of OCD and like the game to run smooth/problem free! :)

Thanks again for anyone who can help!

The AGS was a problem on one of the configs and was getting fixed, will delivered with the next Version 1.32! In most cases the AGS is mounted on the BTR, thats why its poping up while spawning the vehicle. No worry mate. ;)

Thanks alot guys!

Jarhead

Well, you must have a lot of freetime mate! Thanks so much! Awesome work!

Jarhead

actually not at all

just intelligent and efficient searching ;)

@DDCP

Sorry DDCP :) i was responding to you, you dont do anything wrong this a bug in v1.3.

See up what LJ write in post nr 2797 for more info.

You know in all actuality you'd be using the same engine sounds for both the UH-1Y and AH-1Z. Both use the same engines purposely.

@tom3kb

Thanks so much! *Whew*...I feel a lot better. And thanks for the help!

@LordJarhead

Thanks for the heads up! And really can't wait for the update...just wanted to let you know I have 3 brothers and we all play ARMA2 with just this mod (we're not too big on mods otherwise), and this really changes the game experience for us. Really really makes this game so much more fun. Thanks for all the work on behalf of all of us. :)