What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I'm not talking about that youtube video though it sounds to my ear quite accurate, I've heard silenced weapons irl and silencers don't magically make weapons literally silent. The silenced weapons in arma are hearable when you stand next to the shooter but goes totally silent further away and that's why I'm asking if it could be fixed with a sound mod.

Sure, I'm able to make the sounds audible around 50 or 100 meters. Should be no problem. BUT I LOVE MY VSS SOUNDS AND I WOULD NEVER CHANGE THEM!

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I need to test further its only BAF heavy weapons (fixed as in the ones you "get in" and stay fixed sat with heavy weapons) like grenade launcher and ones already mentioned. If you have BAF light which you will, does it not give you the mission to test it, all be it low res, will your sounds not trigger with it anyway (if they worked)?

Well, no. We all have the same things in the game. Because we are playing multiplayer together with people who bought BAF, so we are able to HEAR them of course and we are able to use them. Just withouth the maps and weapons in Highres and without the missions. But I have the weapons too!

Oh and I tested the L1113 or what ever you mentioned, the M2! Yah, its just not covered by the mod! So no problem, gonna add the weapon to the list and fix it. And i try to give all BAF weapons, light or heavy, a sound ;)

Jarhead

Good sound mod, a bit loud though (compared to unmodded, default sounds).

This has the best vehicle sounds yet.

Thanks!

you know...

geil means in dutch horny... :D

anyway I love the new sounds lord Jarhead! keep up the work.

Well in german too... :D But it's often also used for nice, depending on context! ;)

Btw. I love this soundmod! Keep the good work up. :yay:

Just one thing, would it be possible to release a DLC with less noisy wheeled vehicles? I like the loud noise the tanks make but if the humvee is so loud that i can't even understand my buddys via direct talk its a bit annoying. :)

Well in german too... :D But it's often also used for nice, depending on context! ;)

Btw. I love this soundmod! Keep the good work up. :yay:

Just one thing, would it be possible to release a DLC with less noisy wheeled vehicles? I like the loud noise the tanks make but if the humvee is so loud that i can't even understand my buddys via direct talk its a bit annoying. :)

Yah, was thinking about this part too yesterday. Sitting in a Kamaz makes chattin' impossible!

Jarhead

The vehicle Sounds are just fine, (at least from the outside) Maybe you should lower the interior Sound for some vehicels like the kamaz

Maybe also slightly lower down the sound when driving a stryker while being turned out. Just a little though.

Currently it's really hard to listen to people talking over VOIP while driving a stryker, but the sounds are great!

Yah I know, but from the outside they HAVE TO BE loud. Thats just real. Maybe the some wheeled have to be a bit quieter while comparing with tanks or so.

So, it was a awesome long time ago, there was someone around here, posted a video of British soldiers on a trainig range (a forest) shooting with the L85 (or what ever) on poping targets. There was a soldiers with the in a green, yellow of orange west standing around and looking what they doing.

Can the person please post this Video again for me?

Jarhead

Yah I know, but from the outside they HAVE TO BE loud. Thats just real. Maybe the some wheeled have to be a bit quieter while comparing with tanks or so.

So, it was a awesome long time ago, there was someone around here, posted a video of British soldiers on a trainig range (a forest) shooting with the L85 (or what ever) on poping targets. There was a soldiers with the in a green, yellow of orange west standing around and looking what they doing.

Can the person please post this Video again for me?

Jarhead

Unless the Stryker has an up-armor package, the things really aren't that loud. If a firefight is going on, it's possible for a Stryker to roll up on a flank undetected by noise alone. Adding several tons of armor strains the engine and somewhat negates this, however. (This is someone who spent a little time in 1/25 SBCT)

Hallo LJ!

Normally i´m not the Guy, who´s asking for Release-related things but: Any News about the HK416 Fix?

Cause nice Guns without Sound are...not nice. Especially if you made a Loadout for a whole Squad with them.:D

Thanks in advance!

@LJ

GsepqkRuftc&feature=player_embedded

Guw2yRLspk8&feature=player_embedded

AxlEDYC34r4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

were you talking about those? :p

Edited by PurePassion

Hallo LJ!

Normally i´m not the Guy, who´s asking for Release-related things but: Any News about the HK416 Fix?

Cause nice Guns without Sound are...not nice. Especially if you made a Loadout for a whole Squad with them.:D

Thanks in advance!

Holy sh*** I had totally forgotten Mate! Yah of course. I make it today and bring it as seperate DL! The Sound files you already have, so just a small config fix ;)

@LJ

GsepqkRuftc&feature=player_embedded

Guw2yRLspk8&feature=player_embedded

AxlEDYC34r4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

were you talking about those? :p

You're just ......... You're totally crazy man. :) Thanks alot dude!

Holy sh*** I had totally forgotten Mate! Yah of course. I make it today and bring it as seperate DL! The Sound files you already have, so just a small config fix

Great, Bro!

Thanks!:)

About saints ! there will be a patch, it is not necessary to re-download over anew all mod?

So, here is the ACE addon with the HK416 and 17 which I forgot in last 1.3.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu:9000/Arma2/downloads/addons/jarhead/@JSRS_ACE.rar

Have fun ;)

Jarhead

PS: Yah, I will just upload the new version with all fixes, new vehicles and new weapons. There'll be alot of new things, even if its small things like static launchers, BAF stuff and so on.

But I don't want to bring stupid patches again and explain everyone how to patch a mod^^

So, here is the ACE addon with the HK416 and 17 which I forgot in last 1.3.

Have fun ;)

Jarhead

PS: Yah, I will just upload the new version with all fixes, new vehicles and new weapons. There'll be alot of new things, even if its small things like static launchers, BAF stuff and so on.

But I don't want to bring stupid patches again and explain everyone how to patch a mod^^

When next week? Or not to ask?

When its done!

Now it is understand, it is possible most to replace the files corrected a config, if it would be necessary, to the following version

You mean you want just replace your old files with the new and corrected files? Why? Makes no sense. There're all the same files plus extra stuff. So I always suggest to delete all older stuff to prevent errors! And I already don't know anymore what files and configs are changed at all! But NO sound will be changed! Be sure with that. You would make no loss!

Jarhead

HK 416 Family sounds o.k now, but the whole HK 417 Family sounds like silenced Weapons. Never mentioned this before...

LJ I love you mod but with the latest download I noticed that tha A-10 is silent. Almost no sound at all. Should it be like this?

Thanks for the fix Jarhead, but it seems there are still issues with the 416/417 files.

The 417 sounds silent, because, well, no sound is playing ;)

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s4.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s1.wss'

etc

416 sounds nice of course, but it would be great if the ACE M27s used the sound as well. :)

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206882

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206879

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206883

Some of the related errors that were reported by Xeno are still present

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19751

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'jsrs_hk417\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/
Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/
Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

LJ I love you mod but with the latest download I noticed that tha A-10 is silent. Almost no sound at all. Should it be like this?

Yah I reworked most configs and reset the distances of the sounds for each vehicle and weapons and explosions and so on. Maybe I cutted this a bit out too much. Dunno, I'll test it. Thanks for the Info!

Thanks for the fix Jarhead, but it seems there are still issues with the 416/417 files.

The 417 sounds silent, because, well, no sound is playing ;)

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s4.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s2.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_hk417\hk417_s1.wss'

etc

416 sounds nice of course, but it would be great if the ACE M27s used the sound as well. :)

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206882

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206879

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/show/1206883

Some of the related errors that were reported by Xeno are still present

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19751

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'jsrs_hk417\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/
Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/
Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Yah thanks. I fix this. The other stuff is fixed as far as I know. Will come with the next version.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

So, try now again.

I have no ACE, thats why you have to test it for me ;)

Jarhead

So, try now again.

I have no ACE, thats why you have to test it for me ;)

Jarhead

Thanks, really appreciate your efforts. Conflicting addon errors are gone and the HK417 sound works now :)

As for the M27s, I suppose it's simply a matter of adding their classnames in the jsrs_hk416 config.

Thanks, really appreciate your efforts. Conflicting addon errors are gone and the HK417 sound works now :)

As for the M27s, I suppose it's simply a matter of adding their classnames in the jsrs_hk416 config.

No, I tried, not working because of missing base clase. There are some entries I missed but I shall this tomorrow matey

Jarhead