What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

There is only jsrs_zu23_c.pbo and no jsrs_zu23.pbo or am I missing something?

I noticed that the Hydra Rockets for the A10/AH-64 are very quiet, was this intended?

I can confirm the strange T-72 noises when the engine running but the vehicle is stationary.

There is only jsrs_zu23_c.pbo and no jsrs_zu23.pbo or am I missing something?

;)ya, checked it. its an 13.9 Mb file

@LJ, you need to rework the M2!

Sit in a Land Rover with an M2 and fire that thing. The Sound is really quiet!

;)ya, checked it. its an 13.9 Mb file

I only have jsrs_zu23_c.pbo that is 1Kb. So there should be jsrs_zu23.pbo as well that I dont have?

Some sounds of the engine of the car need to be reviewed: Tested on my motor idling AAVP7A1.

EDIT: Tested with my monitor speakers 2 Stereo

Some sounds of the engine of the car need to be reviewed: Tested on my motor idling AAVP7A1.

EDIT: Tested with my monitor speakers 2 Stereo

What do you mean?

Yah you need the other ZSU.pbo too!^^ Maybe a wrong download or something, or maybe reunpack the mod...

I rework the T72! On the list!

Thanks for the post Jman, all configs are already reworked by PVPscene, and there was a reworked config of the M134!

Someone posted the Bug on the DevHeaven: 2 stroke bike engine sounds applied to 4 stroke ATV!

AGAIN: This is not a but! :eek: This is just a sound of my choice! Not a bug. You cant also say, the M16 is a bug, it sound different in RL! Or the explosions are bugs because they sounds strange! So please, com'on people, don't try to kidding me, the Bugtracker is just for BUGS! Not for "Not like sound effects"... and like I said, you are always free to delete some stuff of the mod! Thats why its modular!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

All planes seem very quiet but I only see sounds for A10 and Su25. Is it possible that volume for all planes is lowered? A10 was flying right over my head and could barrely hear it.

Maybe set the volume of M2 a bit up as well.

Otherwise, besides bugs already mentioned on pages before I havent found anything.

Thanks for the post Jman, all configs are already reworked by PVPscene, and there was a reworked config of the M134!

Jarhead

Cool. It was bugging the hell out of me so i fixed it anyway ;)

Someone posted the Bug on the DevHeaven: 2 stroke bike engine sounds applied to 4 stroke ATV!

That was me. :cool:

The reason I posted is because I genuinely figured it was a sound mix-up that you weren't aware of.

I assume the entire premise behind any sound mod is to make the sounds more believable/realistic. In that case, it went the opposite direction. It's like adding a fully blown V-8 hemi sound to a BMP, just simply because it sounds cool. IMO, the sound definitely has a place; it's perfect for the two stroke dirtbike model. But on the ATV, it just kind of breaks the immersion factor, and was the first PBO I've deleted from the modular SM since I downloaded 1.2.

When people post things like this, it isn't a reflection of how they view your mods or your opinions. It's just simply pointing out that it isn't correct, just in case it was an error or that you are unaware of how some vehicles actually sound.

I know about the ATV atm! I heard your concern since I posted the video. Well I gonna change the sounds for the ATV, make a new one and will use THIS sounds for the dirt bike than ;)

Don't worry, it'll gonna be fine :)

Jarhead

From inside the vehicle that sound normal? sounds a bit strange http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT-Vy_OIt7g

That actually sounded really good to me. You've got to realize that those old diesel engines have thousands upon thousands of hours on them, and are only being hobbled along by low rank marine mechanics. That sound actually fits the bill perfectly.

Ah you mean the Idle sound? Yah thats normal! On the one hand, these are the hydraulic systems! And than there is a frequency-over-cut! Parts of the engine coming through the vibration in contact with the metal shell of the vehicle. Or the vibration of the motor moves the other metal parts (inside the vehicle) to contact. This happens only with certain rotations of the motor, RPM. This is then the frequency edge! And this frequency edge is around the idle RPM... So yap, this is normal and HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT! :D

Jarhead

F-35B Engine sounds are vanilla, all other sounds i.e weapons systems are jsrs

Hmm. I'd call it a bug if you assigned the AK-47 sound to the M4. This is a similar case, in case you are an engine enthusiast.

Hmm. I'd call it a bug if you assigned the AK-47 sound to the M4. This is a similar case, in case you are an engine enthusiast.

Is the vanilla sound for this rare vehicle that bad? If you give guns the wrong sound, you can just switch them. It doesn't require finding a new source, cleaning it up and starting from scratch.

Is the vanilla sound for this rare vehicle that bad? If you give guns the wrong sound, you can just switch them. It doesn't require finding a new source, cleaning it up and starting from scratch.

When I was playing the ACE mod with 'just' Arma 2, sans OA, for some reason the ATVs were drastically better in every way. Better textures, sounds, and all. I wish I could switch it back to that now.

The vanilla sounds are just 'meh'. They're not incorrect... But they just don't pop like the rest of the JSRS sounds do. So they really do sound out of place, comparably.

When I was playing the ACE mod with 'just' Arma 2, sans OA, for some reason the ATVs were drastically better in every way. Better textures, sounds, and all. I wish I could switch it back to that now.

That's probably because you were using an ACE ATV with ACE textures and sounds.

Then they deleted it once OA provided a BI ATV.

Edit: And I knew I said it before, but the sonic cracks are fucking ace. Pitch-perfect. Getting shot at gets better and better.

Edited by maturin

LJ

Someone hier raported error wenn playing v1.3 somthing like this:

creating weapon AGS17 with scope=private.

Im having that too only wenn im lunching your mod with Namalsk crisis by Sumrak.

So mayby its not bug in v1.3.

I not geting this enywhere else so far.

LJ is it intentional that the AH1_Base has the same sounds as the AH64?

Also take note that the A10 config of 1.3 contains SU25 definitions (no A10) .

Its not really as if it is bad, but some people might see it as a mistake instead of an artistic decision, hence it was reported as a bug. Just theorizing here.