What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the firing sound for the HK417 seemed to not work, HK416 did though, and sounds very good, also, I was wondering, did you ever plan on doing the Mk.19, HK GMG, L2A1 and Warrior sounds? sorta sucks cause it makes BAF less appealing when using this soundmod.

EDIT: Looked a few pages back and saw that you know about the HK417, sorry :)

Edited by Militantsausage

sorry figured it out nvm

Edited by crazyirish93
solved problem

lol, i got to try out the soundmod last night and was joking to myself saying "FINALLY, ACE GAVE US A SUPRESSED HK417"

The updating base classes in the rpt are ok! I cannot change this! Otherwise, you wouldn't hear these sounds! Forget about this.

Sorry to be a pain mate, but Updating Base Class messages are not a good thing or necessary at all. To quote Xeno and Sickboy on the issue:

Updating base class error messages means that there is something broken in his config which indeed can cause issues!
No they are not required. If he couldn't get his sounds in there without updating base classes then his config is incorrect - class inheritance or requiredAddons.

The changed base classes make unwanted changes to the properties of mentioned classes, and should get fixed.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17734#note-10

Perhaps kju or someone can help you with the configs, because those messages mean things in the config are broken which can cause all sorts of nasty conflicts and errors.

Thanks

Edit:

Seems Xeno has made a ticket about it on your tracker :)

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19751

Edited by AnimalMother92

Aw man, Jarhead, I forgot that you reworked the sonic cracks. They sound great! The more distant pops have really come into their own and sound as good as ACE_SM now while still providing that fear.

I did notice that 7.63 rounds are rather quiet when they pass overhead, at least compared to 5.56 and 5.45.

I miss some of the chunkier ground and wall impact sounds, but the metal and wood effects are just perfect.

Edited by maturin

Firstly, congrats on the 1.3 release, this sound mod is "the" sound mod now in armaverse for me.

Secondly for 1.3, do I still need to use the ACE and BAF version of JSRS per 1.2 ?

Hey guys,

no you don't have to download the BAF or ACE stuff, its all in the package!

The bradley noises are an error in the configs, gonna check this out later though.

Thanks PVPscene for the fixes, check them later when I'm home.

Jarhead

Well, there it is. Thats the one I was waiting for, fuck! Ok, just look for more errors and we collect them, than I can work on a fix.

Jarhead

Sorry to be the first bearer of that bad news. lol

I'm just glad you intend to fix all the issues coming up with the new release. Amazing work as always.

Perhaps stress the importance of using the DevHeaven portal as your bug tracker?

Emm... I've installed this sound mod and am I seeing it right, its well over a gig?? :o

Emm... I've installed this sound mod and am I seeing it right, its well over a gig?? :o
It's 2011, not 2001 :)

its not 2001?? :eek:

I must of been in a coma for the last 10 years (Damn You Bohemia!!)

Hey guys,

no you don't have to download the BAF or ACE stuff, its all in the package!

The bradley noises are an error in the configs, gonna check this out later though.

Thanks PVPscene for the fixes, check them later when I'm home.

Jarhead

So, to be clear,

jsrs_baf_v and

jsrs_baf_w

are now redundant in 1.3?

where do I put all these different configs?

Ha ha, not you mate! These fixes are for me!

Thank you PVPscene for your work on this (I hate this config stuff! We all here have to thank you again!).

I will check them all and fix the last missing sounds! So I'll be able to "maybe" upload the last and fixed version on friday or maybe and likely next friday!

So let's please collect the last errors you have found. So please: Post all your found error and all vanilla sounds you found ingame, I will make a list of all things, where you can always check, if there is listed the errors you found.

Ok? Is that an good idea?

I think so...

Jarhead

EDIT:

Here is the list!

Edited by LordJarhead

Please recognize the low volume on vehicles and even weapons behind walls/buildings/etc. I repeatedly (not always) notice how they are not audible or only barely. Especially in multiplayer that is a huge disadvantage compared to other soundpacks or the original sound.

Also the radio static noise I explained is also a problem. It sounds exactly like a bullet supersonic crack.

LordJ......, Lord?! yes she are. :bb:

Dud! your sounds rules. I want just say thanks u body. :dancehead:

Edited by Affe-mit-Waffe

LordJ......, Lord?! yes she are. :bb:

Dud! your sounds rules. I want just say thanks u body. :dancehead:

Ha ha, thanks mate ;)

Jarhead