What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Should they're getting improved? Thought they are fine now, after they're working finaly!

Jarhead

Should they're getting improved? Thought they are fine now, after they're working finaly!

Jarhead

for 1.2 not work reload sound GL M203 , Silence reload no sound

About version 1.3 I not also ask time it will be ready in 2012

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Hey Jarhead, everytime i launch the game, it gives out a message, saying : "addon jsrs_bizon requires addon CAWeapons_bizon".

Actually it doesn't affect the gameplay by much, but i'm sure something must be wrong since it's showin up :p

Don't want to distract you from what you're doing right now Jarhead, just take your time. My post is purely informational and contributional so that the upcoming 1.3 patch will be out flawless.

Goodjob mate, i've been working on sound mods too back for a while, but not for this game, rather the GTA san andreas game,:yay:

Hey Jarhead, everytime i launch the game, it gives out a message, saying : "addon jsrs_bizon requires addon CAWeapons_bizon".

Actually it doesn't affect the gameplay by much, but i'm sure something must be wrong since it's showin up :p

Don't want to distract you from what you're doing right now Jarhead, just take your time. My post is purely informational and contributional so that the upcoming 1.3 patch will be out flawless.

Goodjob mate, i've been working on sound mods too back for a while, but not for this game, rather the GTA san andreas game,:yay:

That means you probably do not have ArmA 2.

That means you probably do not have ArmA 2.

yup, you're so absolutely right, i only have arma 2 reinforcements installed :yay: So this must be the problem :( Well, since the mod is working flawlessly ingame, i'll just ignore the message:cool:

Than:Dx btw

I'm a wee-bit confused. There's a lot of videos and information on 1.3 full, but yet current version says 1.2RC. So just to clarify 1.3 full is not yet out? If 1.3 isn't out yet should I just wait to download that one instead of going through the hassle of installing 1.2 just to install 1.3 in a few days?

I'm a wee-bit confused. There's a lot of videos and information on 1.3 full, but yet current version says 1.2RC. So just to clarify 1.3 full is not yet out? If 1.3 isn't out yet should I just wait to download that one instead of going through the hassle of installing 1.2 just to install 1.3 in a few days?

1.3 is not out yet and is not coming very soon. Install 1.2.

Jarhead, if 1.3 is far off, why not simply release some .pbos that are finished? I'm sure someone would be willing to upload them for you. It could be an unofficial beta release, no reason to hassle with updating changelogs or version numbers. We'll do word-of-mouth publicity and show people the download link.

Conflicting addon JSRS_C130 in 'jsrs_c130_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_c130e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

For some reason my RPT kept spamming me with this.

For some reason my RPT kept spamming me with this.

Innocuous glitch, been around for a while, getting fixed.

They are test video's also teaser's to show the progress :p

Jarhead, if 1.3 is far off, why not simply release some .pbos that are finished? I'm sure someone would be willing to upload them for you. It could be an unofficial beta release, no reason to hassle with updating changelogs or version numbers. We'll do word-of-mouth publicity and show people the download link.

I think people, well I for one would just rather wait till the full 1.3 is finished, less hassle that way, and less work for LJ to sort the files, upload etc

EDIT

Just discovered this nice little video of the SCAR-H (Mk17)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

If I'm using the Six Updater to download and install, what's the difference between the -e, -v, -vw, & -w? The linked readme is the same for all of them.

@Castu66

-v sonds for vehicles

-vw sounds for vehicles weapons

-w sounds for weapons

Well, thanks guys. Ya I don't want to upload several pbo's. This would just cause problems, people getting trouble, don't know what to download, what not and so on. Just look back to the day with the RC, the Patches, DLC's, ACE Stuff. Everything. Horrible.

This is over now. You have to wait, ya I know its shit and fucked up. But at least, you will just download ONE BIG THING and have everything you will need. So for me, there is no reason to bring my self into more work because of publicing several pbo's, than the next, the first are already reported with problems and errors, than fix again, all and all again. No, no way for me guys.

Ok, there is not much to do... it'll take some weeks maybe (I know, fuck it) because I have to work and I'm not even home. I'm on the way, somewhere in the world... just give me the time ... OR.... go and take a look at other good Soundmods! There are a lot of good soundmods. So, I cannot please everyone, so I just please myself.

And hey, I'm again writing a long text, just to calm you! This should be good enough for the first :)

Sry guys, but you HAVE TO BE PATIENT FOR SOME MORE DAYS!

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Ok, im gona wait :), take your time, grab few beers.

Ps: dont wont any other soundmod yours ist the Best :)

Sounds good mate. But don't feel obligated to apologize how you handle your mod. If people are impatient, then it's their loss (which is something they can't stand to hear and realize, unfortunately). Rushing things or releasing bits here and there to please those who cannot be patient will only lead to unnecessary headaches. You release bits now, some will only complain about those sounds and request changes, which then leads more focus being wasted constantly tweaking what you did release instead of being able to just finish and release the entire thing. Know what I mean?

All I know is, the videos thus far show something that is certainly worth waiting patiently for! :)

I totally agree, and I know what you mean! That would be the biggest problem, cause I had to work again on several stuff. So now I just have to focus on the big package.

Jarhead

Rushing things or releasing bits here and there to please those who cannot be patient will only lead to unnecessary headaches

This should be framed and become the most important characteristic rate for all manufacturers of digital media! The loss of the time which was available for such projects to make, destroys everything!

Everyone is on pushing, nagging!

Then it comes too early! The main thing is, they get what they want, right? NO! Because then suddenly: "Oh god, there's a bug! How could you miss it? You've still had time! Two days! Is this not enough? We are very unsatisfied!"

And then they complain again!

Ok, That was an stupid exaggeration! Here it is not so! This is a great community and you can always talk with the people here! And if I don't like to talk anymore then the thread had been closed!

So at least, all the talking about this now, brings nothing to me or you. You just wait, I just work, and then we'll be fine at all! For a looooooong time :P I already planning new stuff. J.S.R.S. 2.0 maybe! ACCN as standalone addon. Something like that. So JSRS wont take long to be finish!

Jarhead

LordJarhead

Sounds good mate! Take your time.

For those wanting newer sound mods give Sound of Anders a shot, it's no JSRS but it's pretty good too.

I Cant wait for 1.3 V! Great job JSRS! The sound is one of the most important things in a FPS game.

Very nice new Bullet hit sounds and vehicles! You have some Graphics mod? in the Videos of 1.3 there is some bloom effect. How?

Edited by Choki