What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Yeah this looks nice, at the moment even if I'm not using all of JSRS I have to use the vehicle sounds and it frequently back up sonic cracks and BAF sounds.

not all the hit sounds, just 1 or 2

1:05 in this video, is like a swiiiinnng! shuuing!! whatever, weird sound

TF4nma9Bt8s

Agreed, there are several sounds that are too long by half. Or perhaps the one at 1.05 is just out of order. It sounds like a round that was subsonic and tumbling before it hit the metal, whereas the bullet might actually be supersonic and on-target.

Also, lol at the ACE radio chatter for a burnt-out tank hull.

Why do I always hear weak "Radio Chatters" when flying a Chopper with 1st Person View?

and

Why does C-130J 3rd Person sound like a Jet?

JarHead, please response to the above question mentioned, once again thanks for the wonderful sound mod.

Maybe because there are PBOs called jsrs_radio_chatter and jsrs_radio_chatter_c? ;)

You got it!

Something funny:

Take an An 2, fly like 1 km in the air, turn the engine off, close your eyes and enjoy the show ;)

Hey guys,

yah I know, the radio-chatter in the helicopter are part of the interior sounds of the helios, they should bring some atmosphere. While the normal radiochatter when taling with your squad is from the radio-chatter.pbo's in the -E folder. But I reworked them either.

The jetfly sounds are just placeholder files and was mentioned weeks ago, they are fixed already. The Bullethits were already reworked, so there should be no more these strange sounds. Or they was part of the bulletbys but they were reworked either. So at least there should be none of these things anymore.

MAYBE I'm able to upload an video of the new stuff to day. But I think i will just upload an video in which I play around with the mod. We'll see!

And finally I'm done with the Humvee, BTR90, BMP3 and all other Russian tanks I covered so far. Still some work on the Abrams, the US vehicles and I will try to cover all Jets at least. So there should be no Air-vehicles without JSRS sounds. Same goes for the rest of the vehicles like UAZ, BTR40, BRDM, and the shilka.

Thanks so far mates,

Jarhead

Hey guys,

yah I know, the radio-chatter in the helicopter are part of the interior sounds of the helios, they should bring some atmosphere.

Dont loose them, they are great!!

can wait to see your vid;)

So, I gonna upload the Video right now. In the Video you can see an group of mercs fighting against an russian insurgancy group and is trying to take an village under control.

In the video you can hear some reworked bullethits, bulletby and soniccracks as well as the reworked explosions and so on.

Sty tuned!

Jarhead

Nice video, although you can take it easy on blur and bloom next time. Sounds very nice.

just can say...awesome...

can't wait till you release 1.3, loving your new tank sounds, very impressive - my whole room was shaking when i watched your vids ^^

Licher

Hey guys,

yah I know, the radio-chatter in the helicopter are part of the interior sounds of the helios, they should bring some atmosphere. While the normal radiochatter when taling with your squad is from the radio-chatter.pbo's in the -E folder. But I reworked them either.

Thanks so far mates,

Jarhead

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I actually heard radio chatter coming from an Apache that was providing air support over 300m away. Are you sure there isn't something in the configs that is making the sound carry too far?

No, than its the soundfile from the exterior. It was taking from an Air show and in background there was an man with an microphone talking into the crowd. Maybe you can hear a small part of this. I can hear it by myself, but I cannot rework this again without quality loose or without destroying the whole thing.

Hey, while in an firefight or something like this where an Apache is heading your way or fighting against someone, its nearly impossible to hear it. At least I'm sure you are really the first one (except of me) who suggests this! :D

I hope we can live with it, or what you say?

Jarhead

Sounds great jarhead! Distant small arms sounds are much better I think :)

Also, what mod are you using that allows you to move your arms like that?

What do you mean?^^ There are no new mod, I just pulled up the aiming deadzone and the headbob to get this done so far. The rest is, I guess ,the new Fov I have, this all together makes it look'n like this!

Jarhead

Oh, I guess it is the aiming deadzone then. Interesting, never have seen that before.

yah, i think so. Give it a try, Its nice to have the feeling to really brandishing or broadswording the weapon like that :D But its harder to fast aim with that I guess...

Sound carrying too far is a concern to me too. Not only because the sound travel too far, but these volumes also remove the directional quality of sound. When something is close (where close means far enough that it should be possible), I have no idea *where* the soundsource is.

But, as sounds may have excessive volumes, I'm also excessively difficult to please :) Probably bordering impossible. I've tweaked my guts out myself, without ever getting 100% content about the settings. I'm starting to think it can't be done :D

Amazing video.The sounds are best I have heard and the movement sounds are so realistic that you can tell a lot of tweaking has been done.Thanks a bunch for this! :D

So, hereis the new Video. Have fun ;)

Jarhead

All I have to say is, running and walking sounds = The Dogs Bollocks :yay: VOP2 have always been my mainstay, but this videos is probably the best ive heard to date, VERY realistic. I found all attempts so far to be too "focused on letting you know your walking and running and exactly what surface and that your gear moves allot while running as if your ears are attached to your knees" ... as opposed to non intrusive sounds that give a understanding of surface that emanate from a few feet below your ears, thus far only VOP2 did so well (in my brain of course).

Have you tweaked your incoming round sounds, I still find them a bit ... piiing, shhhiiing lazer show (I refer to bullets hitting ground around you and metal objects/walls/fences and such), I combine yours with sound of anders incoming at the moment. I didn't notice much incoming rounds audio in that video, has that been tweaked at all? Either way everything else is very nice as always.

BTW .. no comparisons, just using points of reference :)

Also, in that video what were your PP settings, I assume you have ATOC running fully?

EDIT: could you show crawling sounds and other surfaces and also vehicles? Have you managed to adapt what Anders has done with leaning sounds and rolling too?

Edited by mrcash2009