What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I have just downloaded your mod....whaaa thats great .....Thank you for your great effort and dedication to Arma community.

Regards. Icbl

Hey Guys,

thanks for you nice words at all!

Ya the C130 (and AN2) has an jet flyby wind sound because of being a placeholder and its already fixed to more fitting propeller plane and C130 distance sound.

And before I forget: I have to money in the distance sounds! If I want to change the distance sounding, I had to do this directly on the sound samples themselves. Means: I would have to change the weapons sound and would had to make more bass into them, but this would change the whole sound at all. Ok, on ACCN I could do this, they are all a bit low.

But fist I want to finish JSRS this weekend and than I can fully concentrate on ACCN and other stuff ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Our Tournament will use your audio mod, because I Think that improve a lot the immersion, congratulation you have done a really good job, I hope that you will fix the config problem because I hate the configuration message, and also can't wait for you next release.

Special Thanks also from warfare tournament team

;)

Ya the C130 (and AN2) has an jet flyby wind sound because of being a placeholder and its already fixed to more fitting propeller plane and C130 distance sound.

Thanks for looking into it.

Looking forward to your next release of ACCN!

So, I was working on the BTR40 and 90 to give them some new sounds at all. Some small fixes here and there, and they'll be fine to me.

As well, I was thinking about ma Bullethit sounds, the Impacts. Some of them are a bit weak, especially the ones for 5,56x39 and 5,56x45mm Ammo. So I make a whole new rework on them ALL! Over 1000 sounds I have to rework :D.

But it'll be a lot of fun out and in-game.

I thought I just inform you about the work I do and had done so far.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Jarhead, may I suggest Yoma's AddonSync for providing your files? It's the easiest way to distribute to masses and the simplest to update.

Or Six Updater :cool:

Jarhead, is there anything you can do about these RPT messages?

Conflicting addon JSRS_C130 in 'jsrs_c130_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_c130e_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'
Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/
Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/
Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/
Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/
Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/
Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Honestly, I'd readily take a blank sound file over metallic belch we have now. I can't imagine they're that loud in a moving aircraft.

The sounds I have are more game like, realistically their just a pop. (though I figured the arma community would prefer something more meaty)

Something like this :

Might make an alternate more realistic sound version though.

Edited by CptDavo

Jarhead, may I suggest Yoma's AddonSync for providing your files? It's the easiest way to distribute to masses and the simplest to update.

Yah, J.S.R.S. is already on the Yoma, so it'll be updated soon and will automatically update. ;)

Or Six Updater :cool:

Jarhead, is there anything you can do about these RPT messages?

Conflicting addon JSRS_C130 in 'jsrs_c130_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_c130e_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'
Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'
Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/
Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/
Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/
Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/
Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/
Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/
Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Hey Animal,

yap, the three up ahead are fixed, so all HK Models from ACE are included now and will be covered by this mod. The Updating Base Classes are fine, should bring you no trouble at all! They have to be there, otherwise I couldn't bring my sounds on the right guns.

Hey there Jarhead,

A friend of mine has made a sound addon for the flares dispersed by aircraft. Was wondering if you wanted it in your pack? :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113609

CptDavo gave the okay, but feel free to contact him directly.

Regards,

- HateDread.

Hey, that's pretty nice Mate! Yah, I will contact him and ask him for permission ;) THANKS!

Jarhead

The sounds I have are more game like, realistically their just a pop. (though I figured the arma community would prefer something more meaty)

Something like this :

Might make an alternate more realistic sound version though.

Those would work great.

Can you remove the "wheep wheep" sounds from the radio or make them quiter? Because you cannot really understand what the people say.

Can you remove the "wheep wheep" sounds from the radio or make them quiter? Because you cannot really understand what the people say.

I'm with him on this one - I find it a bit distracting, but a nice touch none-the-less :)

I'm with him on this one - I find it a bit distracting, but a nice touch none-the-less :)

Yap, Got It ;) Will take a look on this.

Jarhead

can someone please post a download link to the latest FULL version (im assuming it's currently at 1.2?) so to install this only file/download is necessary instead of the 2, 3 or 4 separate downloads...that first post is a tad confusing with all the patches...im not even sure which version i currently have installed as its been awhile and now id like to delete what i have currently and start fresh with the FULL 1.2 install.

can someone please post a download link to the latest FULL version (im assuming it's currently at 1.2?) so to install this only file/download is necessary instead of the 2, 3 or 4 separate downloads...that first post is a tad confusing with all the patches...im not even sure which version i currently have installed as its been awhile and now id like to delete what i have currently and start fresh with the FULL 1.2 install.

Its not in an full version, its in patches as you can put what you would like in the mod folders and use what sound you would like. Each patch has different sounds for each folder as it would be an update from 1.0 so your JSRS-E would be updated if you was to dl the 1.2 patch and so on.. Just dl the first 1.0 then update from there put what you would like in each mod folder like JSRS-E put the update ones in there if you like. You put what you like in @JSRS mod folders.

Download J.S.R.S. 1.0 RC and install it like you want. Most: Just put all @JSRS-X folder into you Arma Main folder. So, than download the patches, BOTH... they are noth so big, and they only CHANGE Cfg's and ADDING NEW things, it dosen't change the sounds. Download 1.1 Patch, just overwrite the excisting files and FOLDERS... than do the same with 1.2 and you have the latest Version. After that you can choose between the DLC's you want... ;)

Hope that could help ya a bit.

Jarhead

@LordJarhead,

Could you bring us a powerful artillery or mortar or MRLS shell incoming sound? I mean if I'm near the bombard center, I should hear a powerful sound of shell crossing the overhead sky.

Yah, I was testing this so often while using rocketengine, Bulletby, Fly- Sounds, but nothing worked good for me... Its a shame, I really would like to do this, but I don't want to crawl through the whole game engine to find the right entry. So fuck it. I'm sry, maybe I can find a way with a friend or Anders, or maybe not, we'll see.

But IF WE FIND THE RIGHT WAY: You can get a really nice incoming sound ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Maybe make a suggestion to BIS that they add another entry specifically for sounds on rounds falling below a certain altittude?

Maybe make a suggestion to BIS that they add another entry specifically for sounds on rounds falling below a certain altittude?

All they gonna think is: Piss off^^ I don't think they would react on such a mail Mate... :P

Jarhead

Yah, I was testing this so often while using rocketengine, Bulletby, Fly- Sounds, but nothing worked good for me... Its a shame, I really would like to do this, but I don't want to crawl through the whole game engine to find the right entry. So fuck it. I'm sry, maybe I can find a way with a friend or Anders, or maybe not, we'll see.

But IF WE FIND THE RIGHT WAY: You can get a really nice incoming sound ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Yeah... Lets go through the damn engine. There're lots of other stuffs that I want in, but many things seems limited.