What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Howdy Jarhead!

Are the sounds in ACCN on the Addonsync mirror?

No, not for now. Its just the Beta and I will finish it soon so there will be a Addonsync mirror update too!

Just to have some time to find in again I want to take my time, so it'll take a bit longer for new updates now.

Thanks for all your nice words, I really appreciated it. I guess I first finish J.S.R.S. 1.3 FULL and bring it out, than working on ACCN, BAF Content and maybe something else, we'll see...

Thanks so far again,

Jarhead

Lord Jarhead for President simple as that :)

I second the nomination! :p

Wow, that would be soooooooooo freaky awesome^^ But all your nice comments, your support, your loyalty to the mod is probably more worth than any award in the world.

I can not thank you enough for this! :yay:

Thanks sooo much....

Jarhead

Yeah, I actually voted for this mod. Its something new, fresh, different to any other sound mod. Plus its very modular. Keep up the good work.

I will definitely vote for this, thanks Jarhead!!!!! :D

EDIT: Vote submitted!

Edited by djdel002

Hey Jarhead :)

First of all I heave to agree, ofc, that your soundmod is completely amazing. I really like it a lot and a very glad some friends of mine pointed me to it.

But still I got a question here:

As I mainly employ suppressed weapons (mk16 sd/17 sd and g36 sd) I wondered if it was not the point of SD ammunition to fly at subsonic speeds and thereby avoid any kind of sonic crack which lets enemies locate you pretty quick.

I honestly dont know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but with beforementioned weaponry and ammo I hear those sonic cracks (in 3rd person, camera tilted max sideways or in first person when a buddy fires a sd weapon from somewhere behind me)

Now, the question is: Is this an intended effect (because realistic, not solvable otherwise or sth) or was it just missed to adress this minor detail?

Thanks for your efforts :D

cheers

Is it possible to disable the Radiochatter Effect after each AI chatter?

Is it possible to disable the Radiochatter Effect after each AI chatter?

Use the radiochatter.pbos from an earlier release... I think I'm using 1.0 version of those.

Hey Jarhead :)

First of all I heave to agree, ofc, that your soundmod is completely amazing. I really like it a lot and a very glad some friends of mine pointed me to it.

But still I got a question here:

As I mainly employ suppressed weapons (mk16 sd/17 sd and g36 sd) I wondered if it was not the point of SD ammunition to fly at subsonic speeds and thereby avoid any kind of sonic crack which lets enemies locate you pretty quick.

I honestly dont know if I'm the only one experiencing this, but with beforementioned weaponry and ammo I hear those sonic cracks (in 3rd person, camera tilted max sideways or in first person when a buddy fires a sd weapon from somewhere behind me)

Now, the question is: Is this an intended effect (because realistic, not solvable otherwise or sth) or was it just missed to adress this minor detail?

Thanks for your efforts :D

cheers

Sonic cracks are created by ammunition sound files, not the weapon.

Are you using ACE? For the purposes of realism, ACE adds supersonic, not subsonic ammo to the default loadouts of suppressed 5.56 and 5.54 weapons.

JSRS adds special sounds for subsonic ammo, and I've never heard an out-of-place crack. If it was your buddy shooting very close by, maybe the ammo is actually transonic, and only falls beneath the speed of sound a few meters out.

Do all those weapons have supersonic signatures now?

There are an possibility to add subsonics to the game. But I not touched them until now and so these should getting covered by BIS.

What's the real difference between normal and sd ammo? They only fly a bit slower, right? So they not really causing soniccracks? So, if Im right, your buddy was maybe using 30Rnd. Clips without SD-Ammo which you can usually use with all B_545x39_Ball-Ammotype-Weapons like M16A1-4, M4A1-3 and so on.

But I will give it a try to see if I really make this mistake and added Supersoniccracks to all ammotypes as well the SD.

Jarhead

Soniccrack sounds only works if the bullet is flying faster than the speed of sound (330m/s). Muzzle velocity for SD ammo is around 320m/s (at least in Arma), so you cant have soniccrack for it.

Thanks maturin and Jarhead for the responses.

To answer to your suggestions: I also hear those cracks when I'm on my own, in 3rd person view, camera tilted sideways to the max (as if you'd like to view your player character from the front) so that the shot "flies by" or passes your camera.

After checking with which weapons this issue appears I can say that it is only the Mk17-series, so affected are the CCO SC, Sniper SD and TWS SD (which all use the same type of ammo, btw.) with its 7.62 NATO caliber.

Please note that there are Mk17 mags as well as Mk17 SD mags, so in theory I think the idea was to have subsonic ammo.

Standard ammo loadout for any of the listed weapons are SD ammo mags.

I do not use any other sound-changing modifications except JSRS, so no ACE or sth.

tpm, with my limited knowledge I'd say that in game terms and in this specific case muzzle velocity doesnst matter. I do have those cracks, so telling me that I can't have'em does not really help, I think ;) Thanks anyway for adressing my issue.

Thanks again for having a look into this. *thumbs up* :)

//edit: maturin, re-read your posting again:

Is there actually something like ammo slowing down and causing no more cracks after traveling a given distance? (in-game)

Edited by -s!Gm4-

//edit: maturin, re-read your posting again:

Is there actually something like ammo slowing down and causing no more cracks after traveling a given distance? (in-game)

PP-19 Bizon 9mm rounds are I guess what you'd call transonic.

They are supersonic out of the barrel, but slow almost immediately to subsonic speeds. Maybe 7.62mm for the Mk. 17 is the same way.

You should let someone with those weapons shoot at you from 50m away or so. If the snaps disappear, it's probably not a JSRS issue.

Been playing around with the new stuff for a few days, really loving the new sonic cracks (and BAF sounds). Thanks Jarhead :thumbsup:

I agree the new sonic cracks are much better, slow but sure this is fast becoming less of a mix n match soundmod and most (if not all) are staying in the addon folder :)

I agree the new sonic cracks are much better, slow but sure this is fast becoming less of a mix n match soundmod and most (if not all) are staying in the addon folder :)

Yep, that's how it is for me too now, I just don't use the new radiochatter.pbos. Other than that it's all in there by itself. I still have to figure out which environmental and gear sounds I like the best, but maybe I'll just copy your list again when you finish testing, MrCash... :)

As much as I appreciate, and enjoy, so many mods that came out last year... I'd have to say this one will most likely get my vote. It is used every time I play.

I know it's common with sound mods, but I just wish I could edit missions with the sound mod activated and not have it add dependencies. I have no idea if it's fixable or not, just a very minor inconvenience...

Well currently Im sticking with JSRS walking sounds, but VOP2 walking sounds do it for me every single time :) Although I have issues with VOP2 and ACE .. but, that's for another thread :)

Either way this is a superb soundmod suite from the moment it arrived and just gets better every time.

As much as I appreciate, and enjoy, so many mods that came out last year... I'd have to say this one will most likely get my vote. It is used every time I play.

yups well said ;) same here ...

* NOTE: I am MrCash2009 my account got messed with so this is a new one *

Haha, I was totally asking myself, if you making every year a new acc^^

Thanks everyone ;) So much!

Jarhead