What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Love the BAF sounds, just found one little problem so far (can be easily fixed with a placeholder sound).

The scoped 50 cal on top of the Jackal has a vanilla sound. It can just take the M2 sound and I'd be fine.

Ok, I was making the whole BAF content last night in two or three hours (the configs) and so I just wanted to make the handheld weapons of baf. There will be more of course! all vehicles and vehicleweapons... no worries ;)

Jarhead

So, here it ist:

I felt like I was in the room with some of those. So these are the sounds inspired by youtube, for the most part?

The one thing I noticed is that the pitch of the AK-74 (I love that sound, though) is much, much lower than the pitch of the RPK-74, even though they are essentially the same gun with different barrel lengths.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/AK-74_RPK-74_DA-ST-89-06612reversed.jpg

I understand that the RPK-74 has some internal components that are different from the AK-74, but the difference in pitch should probably not be as great.

The M4 and M16 sound quite different from each other, which is fine. But something about the volume of the sound, or maybe the reverb, makes me feel like the M16 is firing in my face while the M4 is twenty feet away. Maybe the M16 is just too loud and abrasive relative to the other sounds.

You've paid a lot of attention to the Russian weapons, as usual. Lots of sound modders tend to let them slide because people play the US so much.

The M4 and M16 sound quite different from each other, which is fine. But something about the volume of the sound, or maybe the reverb, makes me feel like the M16 is firing in my face while the M4 is twenty feet away. Maybe the M16 is just too loud and abrasive relative to the other sounds.

I agree with this, it was the same feeling I got when I listened to it with my G35s.

I hear some weak radio chatters in the choppers with 1st person view, waS it done on purpose

Edited by avengerzx

Can't wait to try the BAF sounds this weekend, Thanks for all the hard work LJ :D

Hi there,

first of all: thanks for this great mod, i'm using it since the first release and im still enjoying it...

But im having an issue...

Server:

Missing addons detected:

jsrs_m230

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.jsrs_m230

When i save a mission in the editor it puts the jsrs_m230 into the addons list in the mission.sqm. I have to delete that line manually everytime... :(

Im using patch 1.2 with:

@JSRS_BAF-V

@JSRS_BAF-W

@JSRS-E

@JSRS-V

@JSRS-VW

@JSRS-W

I'm not sure, but i think this is since i installed the BAF stuff.

Thanks again, these are awesome.

One issue though, the BAF Warrior has had an extra firing mode added by JSRS_BAF-V (single) which has no firing sound. Vanilla BAF warrior does not have this firing mode.

As a sound mod creator/enthusiast myself I can really appreciate the immense amount of effort and sheer technical skill you have put into this mod. Thank you!

Regretabbly I do have a niggle, though. The explosion sounds are missing for a lot of the munitions, and the ones that are changed by you are not exactly the best sounding explosions.

I have a huge sound libary of war sounds and I'd be honoured to share and help you develop some truly great explosion sounds!

Great news ! I could not wish for a better chrismass present :xmas: :dancered:

J.S.R.S. BAF Content @ BG-=XTRA=-

Thanks Mate ;) Nice article! Thanks...

Hi there,

first of all: thanks for this great mod, i'm using it since the first release and im still enjoying it...

But im having an issue...

When i save a mission in the editor it puts the jsrs_m230 into the addons list in the mission.sqm. I have to delete that line manually everytime... :(

Im using patch 1.2 with:

@JSRS_BAF-V

@JSRS_BAF-W

@JSRS-E

@JSRS-V

@JSRS-VW

@JSRS-W

I'm not sure, but i think this is since i installed the BAF stuff.

Its because of the new AH64 that was adding with the BAF content by BIS. I have to make an new Config for the new AH64 and this will be gone! Next patch than...

Thanks again, these are awesome.

One issue though, the BAF Warrior has had an extra firing mode added by JSRS_BAF-V (single) which has no firing sound. Vanilla BAF warrior does not have this firing mode.

Woh, I gonna check this! Thanks mate. I was making these so fast, there was no time for big testing. Gonna fix that soon!

As a sound mod creator/enthusiast myself I can really appreciate the immense amount of effort and sheer technical skill you have put into this mod. Thank you!

Regretabbly I do have a niggle, though. The explosion sounds are missing for a lot of the munitions, and the ones that are changed by you are not exactly the best sounding explosions.

I have a huge sound libary of war sounds and I'd be honoured to share and help you develop some truly great explosion sounds!

Thanks for you offer Mate. But first: I love my explosions :D Why I would like to change them? And most people tell me the same. But it would nice to have an new library with sounds I could check out. Just PM me and we can talk about your offer private... thanks Mate.

Thanks so far guys,

Jarhead

sound mod isn't working well for me, I used yoma to get it at first then I directly downloaded the RC 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 patches and installed... The helos sound so quiet and it wasn't like before when I first was using JSRS...

"-mod=D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;baf;pmc;@jsrs_baf-v;@jsrs_baf-w;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@stmovement;@truegameplay;@trueuser" -nosplash -world=empty -Exthreads=3 -maxmem=1023

never mind my speakers were sent to 2x stero and not 6 ch direct for some reason

Edited by Baz

LordJarhead.

I do like your explsoion sounds for the C4, claymore and all the other explosives and mines, but alot of launchers/munitions and tank guns still have the vanilla explosion sound, is this a known bug or have I made a mistake somewhere?

I will pack up my sound libary and upload them for you later tonight.

Beware: Which helos? All? I check this, but I don't think like that, because they are fine around here and I using the same as you (truemod too!) Maybe its the MH60? Because it's using the vanilla sounds.

The explosions are just with BAF content because they using different type of ammo like before, so there are more ammo types JSRS not covers. Will make a new config to make them all sound like they should.

Thanks so far and mary christmas everyone!

Jarhead

I like your DLC system. It's very user friendly and modular.

But can you may later make a repack of the main mod include all the patches for new JSRS users?

I think its a bit confusing for new user with the main mod + patch1 + patch2 and the dlc's.

it is merely a suggestion ;)

Merry christmas :rthumb:

I like your DLC system. It's very user friendly and modular.

But can you may later make a repack of the main mod include all the patches for new JSRS users?

I think its a bit confusing for new user with the main mod + patch1 + patch2 and the dlc's.

it is merely a suggestion ;)

Merry christmas :rthumb:

Yap, wonna do this soon ;) No worries...

Jarhead

Having some issues that i dont have any enviromental sound when playing. Can hear some birds, but besides that its 100% silent. What can it cause?

Besides that, great mod

Maybe this always appears in Villages or nearby houses? Then its my fault because of wrong volume entry or even to much differences. I recognized that already while playing some rounds. Gonna fix that ;)

Jarhead

I know about the engine mate! I have close and far sounds... but it seems they're not good enough... well, I come never out of this :D

Ohh, I apologize Mate! I saw some game minutes ago, that I was packing the wrong pack of soniccracks (have 4 different Versions) that was the old one! I have already a new one with nice popping sounds... lol, my fault!

Jarhead

I would love to get those sounds! in a small patch maybe?

Currently some of them sound weird. And if we could get something similar to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHrubLXGR8 that would be really awesome.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Well, I have some already like these (

).

Hope this is good enough fir the first?

Jarhead

i really love the TAC sound (incoming wizz sound) in the combat footage it's so realistic but the m4 need some work to be realist thanks anyway ! merry christmas !