What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

with baf you have a M240 GPMG static try it you see ;) and for the M240 on the abrams it's with ace.

Can you upload a sound of the a10 impact because i think it's bug with me and yeah i want to see the coax ;)

Congratulations on the new release Lord J! Can't wait to DL and try it out.

You should check out America's Army 3 sounds, and the Shatt's Insurgency Sounds... and if you are really interested in BC2... you can probably crack those :D

Those are some of the most realistic sounds I've heard in game up till this point, other than Medal Of Honor 2010!

Thanks Mate.

Reworked M110, M240 COAX, PK COAX, Radiochatter works now on all Sides not only RU, fixed missing Bullethits and much more. Enough for today--- going now to sleep some hours ;) Thanks to kju. again ;) Awesome help Mate.!

Jarhead

Didn't read everything, so sorry for any doubling of bugs. Initial tests:

1) Crashbug: If I fire the FFAR in multiples on the AH-64, crashes every time. I may get lucky if I get only a quickshot out, but never by several.

Mods: ca;expansion;baf;pmc;Expansion;@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.56.76134

Fault address: 0B47EE8D 01:0004DE8D H:\WINDOWS\system32\XAudio2_4.dll

file:

world: utes

Prev. code bytes: 11 45 D4 39 7D FC F3 0F 10 25 14 24 43 0B 74 0F

Fault code bytes: 0F BF 01 F3 0F 2A C0 F3 0F 59 C4 F3 0F 11 02 83

Registers:

EAX:00000001 EBX:0B4FBF30

ECX:26DDFA2E EDX:0B4FB02C

ESI:FFFFFFFF EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:0B47EE8D

SS:ESP:0023:0D63FDD0 EBP:0D63FE18

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010202

2) Vehicle: AH-6J fires 10 of 14 FFARs in one go. Ehm, huh? :D

3) Ambiance: No sea sound on Utes (and probably Chernarus, since they both use defaultWorld, but not tested).

4) Ambiance: Bad overlap between houses and forest (or trees, didn't unpack yet to check) ambiance. In some areas there will be absolutely no ambiance loops going at all.

5) Ambiance?: Either very weak or not there at all, but I couldn't hear any water walking sounds.

Edit: Oh dear... :) Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\water\run (5).wss' - many of them listed.

Edit2: Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\swim\swim5.wss'

6) Vehicle: Internal engine sounds of A10 too loud.

Didn't try much more than this, other than I have to determine that I have to still rely on my own ambiance sound mod (private), and try to mix in some of the problematic vehicle sounds from other sources. After that I'll try some weaponry :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

GREAT JOB!

Tried with ARMA:OA on its own.

i love the angry AH-64 sound, the little bird too.

the UH-60M MEV seems way too quiet outside though. front/side/rear and top that is.

the sound from below is quite nice though it could do with a boost in the low frequency spectrum (that boomy whooping/slapping noise is kinda missing)

havent tried all the weapons yet will do that tomorrow :)

AH-64 rocket explosions seem a bit too loud at distance though.

i love the walking sounds so far :)

sorry if i seem critizise too much, i am a sound engineer myself and an audiophile so i am kinda picky with sound mods :)

wish i had the time and resources to make one myself, but all i can do is provide input unfortunately.

oh before i forget:

If you could seperate the ARMA 2 vanilla weapons and vehics in another pbo it would be perfect so people could just leave them out should they only have OA.

I am getting a error message calling for vanilla weapons but it seems to be only the message.. all else appears to be working fine.

will post more fedback tomorrow.

Loving this so far. keep it up :622:

Just to give my thoughts / feedback:

The LAV sounds could easily be applied to the Stryker. I wouldn't complain if they were 100% the same sound. Hell, give the LAV sound to the BRDMs and BTR-60 and BTR-90 too. It works as a "placeholder" and sounds more like the real-world sound of those vehicles than the default sound.

The "woodyclear" sounds of the M16 are fantastic. I love them.

The Cobra sounds are kind of a let down... in that their the same default sound with some added rotor noise ("whoop whoop whoop"). Maybe use the UH-1Y sounds for it? Again I would rather have a placeholder than the default sounds.

Anyway these are just small gripes disguised as constructive criticism. Mainly I want to thank you again for your efforts. Great job!

Still vanilla sounds:

BRDM-2 14.5mm gun (wasn't this in the changelog)

RPG-18 and SPG-9 (I beg you, the default sounds are horrendous, give us M136 and SMAW sounds as placeholders for these!)

AGS-30 and AGS-17 (perhaps Mk. 19 or M203 placeholders for these?)

Konkurs missiles (TOW or Metis as placeholders would be good)

Other things:

I like the HE explosion sounds for the ZU-23 better now. Has the 30mm HE on the BMP-2 been similarly updated? It sounds different. The explosions have much better falloff distance now.

It's true what someone said earlier. Firing sound of Apache M230 cannon is far too soft. Also, its FFARs are royally broken.

The Mk. 16 SD sounds very different from your other suppressed weapons. It is very loud and like a gunshot whereas with other weapons you depict a suppressed weapon firing subsonic ammo.

The FFARs on the little birds are very quiet.

I really don't think that AP autocannon impacts should have an echo. The base sound is fine. The sound also carries way too far. They overwhelm the engine noise while I am strafing in a chopper. Best to treat them like normal bullethits.

The M110 sounds sort of like a machinegun, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by maturin

M203 is same as before. No real thump to it at all. And M79 ("The Thumper") has the default sound, also doesn't sound much as the real thing.

M252 Mortar and M119 Howitzer also default sounds. Will make my own fixes for these.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Can this work on Arma2 standalone? I have such a hard time finding that out for mods, it would be cool it you could make that clear in the OP. Sorry if it's already been asked.

Chances are you will have to delete the OA-related .pbos (and possibly the AKM, for some reason) in order to be able to load saved games in A2 standalone.

Didn't read everything, so sorry for any doubling of bugs. Initial tests:

1) Crashbug: If I fire the FFAR in multiples on the AH-64, crashes every time. I may get lucky if I get only a quickshot out, but never by several.

2) Vehicle: AH-6J fires 10 of 14 FFARs in one go. Ehm, huh?

3) Ambiance: No sea sound on Utes (and probably Chernarus, since they both use defaultWorld, but not tested).

4) Ambiance: Bad overlap between houses and forest (or trees, didn't unpack yet to check) ambiance. In some areas there will be absolutely no ambiance loops going at all.

5) Ambiance?: Either very weak or not there at all, but I couldn't hear any water walking sounds.

Edit: Oh dear... Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\water\run (5).wss' - many of them listed.

Edit2: Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\swim\swim5.wss'

6) Vehicle: Internal engine sounds of A10 too loud.

Didn't try much more than this, other than I have to determine that I have to still rely on my own ambiance sound mod (private), and try to mix in some of the problematic vehicle sounds from other sources. After that I'll try some weaponry

Crashing with FFAR fixed already. Sea sounds, got it! I had no Problem with the overlaps so far. Yah, fixed the Water-sounds now. Even the SWIM sounds too. I think about the A10...

How do I make these awesome sounds work with RH's packs???

If you using RH's Pack as an replacement, it should work fine. Otherwise I never did a Soundmod for RH so it wouldn't work.

GREAT JOB!

Tried with ARMA:OA on its own.

i love the angry AH-64 sound, the little bird too.

the UH-60M MEV seems way too quiet outside though. front/side/rear and top that is.

the sound from below is quite nice though it could do with a boost in the low frequency spectrum (that boomy whooping/slapping noise is kinda missing)

havent tried all the weapons yet will do that tomorrow :)

AH-64 rocket explosions seem a bit too loud at distance though.

i love the walking sounds so far :)

sorry if i seem critizise too much, i am a sound engineer myself and an audiophile so i am kinda picky with sound mods :)

wish i had the time and resources to make one myself, but all i can do is provide input unfortunately.

oh before i forget:

If you could seperate the ARMA 2 vanilla weapons and vehics in another pbo it would be perfect so people could just leave them out should they only have OA.

I am getting a error message calling for vanilla weapons but it seems to be only the message.. all else appears to be working fine.

will post more fedback tomorrow.

Loving this so far. keep it up :622:

FFAR fixed. Some of the Explosions are a bit too loud, I know. Gonna fix that.

Just to give my thoughts / feedback:

The LAV sounds could easily be applied to the Stryker. I wouldn't complain if they were 100% the same sound. Hell, give the LAV sound to the BRDMs and BTR-60 and BTR-90 too. It works as a "placeholder" and sounds more like the real-world sound of those vehicles than the default sound.

The "woodyclear" sounds of the M16 are fantastic. I love them.

The Cobra sounds are kind of a let down... in that their the same default sound with some added rotor noise ("whoop whoop whoop"). Maybe use the UH-1Y sounds for it? Again I would rather have a placeholder than the default sounds.

Anyway these are just small gripes disguised as constructive criticism. Mainly I want to thank you again for your efforts. Great job!

Thanks, nice Idea. I doing that. ! Thanks Mate ;)

Still vanilla sounds:

BRDM-2 14.5mm gun (wasn't this in the changelog)

RPG-18 and SPG-9 (I beg you, the default sounds are horrendous, give us M136 and SMAW sounds as placeholders for these!)

AGS-30 and AGS-17 (perhaps Mk. 19 or M203 placeholders for these?)

Konkurs missiles (TOW or Metis as placeholders would be good)

yah, BRDM was in the change-log, but wrong. My fault. For the rest: Nice Idea. Gonna do that for the first. Thanks again...

M4A3 and XM8 still have stock sound.

M4A3 I have no clue what the fuck is wrong with that thing! Was reworking the whole config three times now. XM8 comes with the next Patch...

M203 is same as before. No real thump to it at all. And M79 ("The Thumper") has the default sound, also doesn't sound much as the real thing.

M252 Mortar and M119 Howitzer also default sounds. Will make my own fixes for these.

Can this work on Arma2 standalone? I have such a hard time finding that out for mods, it would be cool it you could make that clear in the OP. Sorry if it's already been asked.

Yah, no worries, was also ask some times. I had a list somewhere. I make it for you. Otherwise, let the errors appear for the first, should work anyways.

Otherwise: Sometimes some of you are doing almost if they had paid me for it!^^ Make one

step slower please!^^ I have sacrificed the entire Sunday that I was able to upload this. Yesterday I spent all day trying to fix the problems have already occurred! You bring only more work. Let us first correct the errors. Otherwise I will not be able to get this issues done!

Yeah, first correct the errors and missing sounds. Cant wait for patch. Thanks LordJarhead. :)

Played around and got many error lines with T72 sounds (something could not found) and some fps drops.

Imho the M203/GP explosion sound is a bit too loud firing them at distances over 200m.

Take your time and fix the issues before moving on. Otherwise these buggies can backstab the whole mod. Don't forget to breathe, to eat and drink, to sleep and all the other things... ;)

Wow nice work all around. Gave this sound mod an try and its top work, really nice work keep it going.

Patch Notes and Change-log #1

Thats the things I fixed so far:

1. Missing Bullethits metalplate 03
  2. BulletBy whole rework
  3. Hydras/FFAR config fix
  4. Missing Watersteps fix
  5. Missing Swimsounds fix
  6. M4A3 config rework (dont know, works fine on my side)
  7. M110 config fix
  8. M240 COAX rework
  9. PKT COAX rework
  10. Radiochatter Config fix - Now works on all sides
  11. T72 config fix -Missing Noises sound
  12. SCARH config fix - error with the begins
  13. SCARL config fix - " " " "
  14. Explosion config rework - Some of the explosion are too loud/far
  15. All handheld weapons new config!
  16. environment config fix

Some other errors getting fixed. Maybe I can upload the patch today. But I have to see how far I can work on the last errors.

Jarhead

I cant find the HK417 configs in the ACE Mod... XM8 is perfect... added the Sound some minutes ago. Works nice. The sound is more like an placeholder, so don't require too much...

Jarhead