What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

J.S.R.S. RC1.0 - 440 MB

WoodyClear-DLC Pack 1 - 61 MB

OlderButLoved-DLC Pack 2 - 209 MB

Jarhead

So the WoodyClear is for forested areas, whats the OlderButLoved?

Also, are these dlc packs just additions to JSRS RC1.0, you won't need to pick one. I'm just a little confused.

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been in this thread for a while :o

Love your work though!!! :D

No worries mate.

The two Packs are different Downloads. You load the mod, J.S.R.S. like it is in Further~Advance variant, thats the Basic mod. There you have all what you need but not more.

Than you can download the DLC's like you want them. WoodyClear and OlderButLoved-Pack (just all sound variants from the betaphase, so you can play with older sounds, but full MP-Supported) and but them into you Game and override the J.S.R.S. files. Thats it.

It gives you the chance to switch your (for example) AK74 sound in 4 to 5 different Sound-variants. User-friendly as you can get.

Jarhead

EDIT:

Mod is uploaded to the ftp-Server from KH, but I can't reach them. I don't know what they are doing^^ So Mates, just a question of minutes I guess...

Edited by LordJarhead

I will upload the mod in armaholic? tell us that this server by uploading the files.:bounce3:

So I assume OlderButLoved is just the mod in its current beta form?

And does WoodyClear have different ambient (wind, birds, leaves) sounds, or are there other differences?

No, the mod is like it is in 99B... thats it. There are some fixes but its the last Version, you have to download at full size. every changes in future are just smaller patches.

The OBL-DLC is just older Beta sounds, older than 99B and you can choose for what you like the most of them because some of you told me to not changing the sounds. But I did and this is the chance to play with the older but loved beta sounds, also in MP.

WoodyClear means only weapon sounds matching better to forest areas because of another Echos and so on.

So sorry that I have to keep you waiting, but I can't reach anyone on the KH-Site... everyone has weekend I guess :D

Jarhead

*keeps hitting F5* :D

me too.....i'm crazy...:bounce3:

oh.... ähh.... sry, no... the HK416 comes not with that release... but wait, I take a look and maybe you can get it today too... one sec

WoodyClear means only weapon sounds matching better to forest areas because of another Echos and so on.

Ah, different echoes. Should be nice to play around with.

So sorry that I have to keep you waiting, but I can't reach anyone on the KH-Site... everyone has weekend I guess :D

I will fail school if you release now anyways. :bounce3:

Congrats on the release LJ! =) I'm sure you're just as amazed as we are at how extensive this mod has become! It's definitely on my "must-have" list for arma2 players! Thanks for all your hard work and all that you continue to do!

So, well. HK416 is finished. Works NICE with ACE now. Going to upload it... two sec's

Yah, thanks Mate! I appreciate that... ;)

EDIT

So here is the new HK416 Sound for ACE Mod.

Sry for the long waiting again. So I working on the first Patch now, the Bullet-By are not, really not fine... gotta rework them and uploading the patch than.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

So, well. HK416 is finished. Works NICE with ACE now. Going to upload it... two sec's

Yah, thanks Mate! I appreciate that... ;)

Cheers dude, that's what I've been looking forward to the most :cool:

So, could anyone else test the HK on ACE? So one my side its works fine. But I don't test it on MP.

Jarhead

So, could anyone else test the HK on ACE? So one my side its works fine. But I don't test it on MP.

Jarhead

I tested it in a single-player game, sounded fine.

Well Mate... Im waiting now 6 or 8 hours or so^^ haha. Well, I guess we will get this done tomorrow. Im sry...

Jarhead

Thanks Jarhead, we know your working hard trying to get it released. Appreciate all the time you've put into the mod. Looking forward to it.

1. Did you include sounds for the BAF weapons and vehicles?

2. Did you include sounds for the PMC weapons?

3. Did you fix the 'sound is no fire duration' bug with GL4?

4. Did you include new Stryker sounds?

Kind of a change log, :)

if anyone understands this explain it to me .... is what I get in the RPT file and expose it to be seen here. :bounce3:

The sound is great but ....... the. RPT says this one ..

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@jsrs_ace" "-name=Metralla" -nosplash -showScriptErrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/30 16:52:43

Current time: 2010/12/05 23:29:21

Version 1.56.76134

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

Unsupported language Spanish in stringtable

Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[72,49.707,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.5"]

[72,56.272,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[72,88.491,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[413,93.864,0.05,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[413,93.87,0.05,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[414,94.169,0.15,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,1,142],-1],[[1,6,0,437],-1],[[1,6,0,294],-1],[[1,6,0,23],-1],[[1,6,0,21],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[414,95.049,0.15,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

ACE_BTR70_RU: crate_1_1_unhide - unknown animation source crate_1_1_unhide_source

ACE_BTR70_RU: crate_1_2_unhide - unknown animation source crate_1_2_unhide_source

ACE_BTR70_RU: crate_1_3_unhide - unknown animation source crate_1_3_unhide_source

ACE_BTR70_RU: crate_1_4_unhide - unknown animation source crate_1_4_unhide_source

[1764,160.087,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.5"]

[1764,162.682,0,"MISSINIT","Test","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[1764,176.581,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[2017,179.476,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[2017,179.485,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[2018,179.661,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,1,142],-1],[[1,6,0,437],-1],[[1,6,0,294],-1],[[1,6,0,23],-1],[[1,6,0,21],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[2018,180.339,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

0:03:24,643 (23.31) [x\ace\addons\settings\outdated.sqf:37] -ERROR- ERROR

OUTDATED: userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp

[6986,453.089,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.5"]

[6986,453.797,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[6986,459.407,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[6988,459.719,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Started"]

[6988,459.724,0,"XEH: VehicleInit Finished PostInit Started"]

[6989,460.173,0.05,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex","acex_ru","acex_usnavy"],[[[0,7,1,142],-1],[[1,6,0,437],-1],[[1,6,0,294],-1],[[1,6,0,23],-1],[[1,6,0,21],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[6991,461.245,0.25,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,false]"]

Edited by Metralla

ACE always dirties up your .rpt.

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

The KK416 is, of course, an ACEX addon and thus has sounds already provided by a mod. So I'm not sure how the game is supposed to decide which file to use. There is no handy built-in system that is reliable.

ACE always dirties up your .rpt.

The KK416 is, of course, an ACEX addon and thus has sounds already provided by a mod. So I'm not sure how the game is supposed to decide which file to use. There is no handy built-in system that is reliable.

ok :D HK416 sound is quite realistic ... Very NICE :yay:

1. Did you include sounds for the BAF weapons and vehicles?

2. Did you include sounds for the PMC weapons?

3. Did you fix the 'sound is no fire duration' bug with GL4?

4. Did you include new Stryker sounds?

Kind of a change log, :)

You will going to laugh, but, no , nothing of this is included! I want to keep the mod as small as it can get. So all AddOns for BAF or PMC will be in extra DLC's. The fire duration is an strange bug, and I have momently no clue how to fix that. The Stryker is just like always. I used the Sounds for the Bradley's, so there will be no new Stryker ... for the first. Maybe later. [As always, Im so stupid and was packing the same broken STRYKER files into the RC Version. So please just delete them again *blame on me*]

So, here comes the first Patch things:

Bullet-by's will get an whole change!

Lav-25 Sounds. All of them reworked.

M4A3 don't work. Fix is on the way.

THAN:

BAF content, PMC content... another Pack.

(Well, I have to look if I gonna make another DLC-Pack... or if I spent my time into J.S.R.S. 2.0 ... we'll see)

I know what you think. Can't get this to run but want to work an the 2.0 haha

Jarhead

Surely, it's better to use LAV or BTR sounds as Stryker placeholders than the tracked Bradley?