What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Not possible

no new files there

No new files are there because he hasn't released the update yet... When he does I'm sure that you'll be able to update it from Addon sync 2009 no problem.

No new files are there because he hasn't released the update yet... When he does I'm sure that you'll be able to update it from Addon sync 2009 no problem.

Exactly!

Jarhead

when loaded on the server, issues the following errors:

Warning Message: 'sound /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'drySound /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'reloadMagazineSound /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'begin1 /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'begin2 /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'begin3 /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'begin4 /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

Warning Message: 'soundBegin /' is not a class ('scope' accessed)

What could be the problem?

I don't know if it has been posted or not, but the M134 (Minigun) doesn't work in JSRS. I tried running JSRS then Vanilla and it sounded the same.

I don't know if it has been posted or not, but the M134 (Minigun) doesn't work in JSRS. I tried running JSRS then Vanilla and it sounded the same.

2nded. (I noticed with the armoured SUV).

Is this the same with the new weapons in PMC - I.e. the XM-8? Its sound could use... help...

I think the XM8 in arma 2 is missing new sounds as well. Not sure if Jarhead is aware of it.

I think the XM8 in arma 2 is missing new sounds as well. Not sure if Jarhead is aware of it.

+1 Goss

idk also if he's aware..

Any chance you'll have the PMC DLC covered in the next update? :)

No pressure, just asking. would be cool to have it all.

I don't know whether it has been mentioned

There is something missing for J.S.R.S 0.99B Beta

Open Editor > Place Units [F1] > Select Faction [uS] > Select Armored

A pop-up window with missing entry

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Stryker_Base_EP1/Sounds/EngineIn_.frequency'.

Already known issue. Its because of an error of the STRYKER.pbo. Just delete all Stryker files in your JSRS-V folder to fix that. There will no STRYKER in the next version again.

Jarhead

EDIT

Any chance you'll have the PMC DLC covered in the next update? :)

No pressure, just asking. would be cool to have it all.

ehhhhhhhhh. well mate. My head is full of stuff i don't really need. So: What does PMC mean again? What was that....??

If you mean the rAs - no, not included. Only three different versions from the Beta with different sounds, but same signature. And one Pack that is called WoodyClear. Its just better for "woody" areas or even forests.

So, I created all Signatures some minutes ago for the DLC's pack (272 Signatures^^)

I really hope this works. But I have already an problem for you, if you using one of the Packs. There are the different sound packs -> I cannot check every folder (over 200 folders) to see, is there a sound missing or have an different name than in the config, because you using always the same configs. Means -> One Configs comes for 4 different sound-variants.

But I check for some other errors now. Than I pack this all and I can prepare all for upload.

But FIRST! -> I know that the requirements on my work are very high . What brings me in a difficult situation. The finished mod will not meet the requirements:

There are still too many errors/issues!

There are no really big changes have been made...

... and only ONE pack is new.

I know, I've promised more than I could hold. So I apologize for this already now. So I hope that your criticism is not too hard.

But I still hope we can start well in a new round with the RC version. I hope I could inspire some of you with my work. And I hope you will have fun with the last version of JSRS.

It was a long way from the Beta to the RC. And here and there, I had not at all expected to get the RC ever done. Here and there, a few times I've made, but it was never really much. And so that's all was getting forgotten a little bit. I hope you'll excuse the really long update interval.

Through my great speeches I have promised you things that I would probably be impossible to do/to get done. And I feel very bad to say to you simply that I have expected too much to me. So, I'm sorry for that.

Now to the flipside of the coin. I started off an incredible amount of time put into my work and must now make a real break. Now I work too much on other things. I got the tip from Mark, not at all easy to talk about what I was working for things. It takes me only in the situation that I have a kind of responsibility towards you. And simple say "When it's done!" brings me and you to nothing.

But at the time to calm something -> I will always continue to work on JSRS and other Soundmods. I will not cease, for God's sake, that's my hobby, Mates.

I love this community and it's users. So, I guess we will have an nice weekend ;)

So, I gonna tell you more about the Update tomorrow guys. Thanks so much :smileflower:

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

so we have the first RC tomorow normally that's right ? *exited*

so we have the first RC tomorow normally that's right ? *exited*
According to Facebook - 5th December, but sooner=better. :D

Thanks for the info Jarhead!

ArmA 2 is awesome as it is, your soundmod takes it to a whole new level. We appreciate the hard work your doing, I know how tedious sound editing can be.

ehhhhhhhhh. well mate. My head is full of stuff i don't really need. So: What does PMC mean again? What was that....?

Newest DLC for ArmA2OA, called Private Military Company (PMC). Which means sounds for XM8's and AA-12 weapons, Ka-60 helicopter etc :)

But it's good to hear news about the RC version coming, and don't worry about the "no big changes", your mod is already great!

Newest DLC for ArmA2OA, called Private Military Company (PMC). Which means sounds for XM8's and AA-12 weapons, Ka-60 helicopter etc :)

But it's good to hear news about the RC version coming, and don't worry about the "no big changes", your mod is already great!

Whoo, no Mate, Im sry^^ Bohemia brings the new AddOns faster than I can say: Mississippi....

So, XM8 should be no problem. Will bring it maybe with the RC. But the rest, I have to buy this AddOn again to take a look into its bones, if you know what I mean. So sey, no AA-12 and Ka60 so far ;)

Jarhead

The DLC has decent sounds already, so no worries.

Just so long as none of the worst offenders from Arma 2, the god-awful RPG-18 and SPG-9, for example.

No need to apologize LordJarhead, your mod is the tits! ...pardon my french :rolleyes:

Whoo, no Mate, Im sry^^ Bohemia brings the new AddOns faster than I can say: Mississippi....

So, XM8 should be no problem. Will bring it maybe with the RC. But the rest, I have to buy this AddOn again to take a look into its bones, if you know what I mean. So sey, no AA-12 and Ka60 so far ;)

Jarhead

Good, I'm happy for the xm8 sounds, that's bugging me the most. I can live with the default AA-12.

Can't wait for the update :)

well maybe you guys who bought the DLC could send him the files as a sign of grattitude?

Just on an ftp of which he only knows the pass.

Just a suggestion.

well maybe you guys who bought the DLC could send him the files as a sign of grattitude?

Just on an ftp of which he only knows the pass.

Just a suggestion.

Hellooooooooo illegal file sharing.

That's like sending him a copy of OA, same level of illegal-ness.