What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

hi LordJarhead,

Your sound is really great mod, it seems to really be at war but the only thing that disappointed me is the effect of distant battle.

In my opinion, the distant sounds of war are one of the things that really stands out for me. They keep my subwoofer busy. But that also has a lot to do with the missions I make for myself too...

I watched the whole video and agree with maturin, most of those sounds were within 50 meters or so it sounded like. I didn't hear much in the distance either.

From the 2 second mark all the way to the 9 second mark are "snapping" incoming rounds, followed shortly by "muffled" distant gun fire. It's hard to hear the distant retort of the enemies weapons because a second volley of rounds come in.

It did take me a while to get used to the distant sonic cracks in JSRS. I really like the clear popping noises of real-life footage. Maybe the existing sounds could fade into something like that at the upper limit of their audible range. Although that's probably not possible in the engine.

Love this sound mod, it sounds so real and adds alot of atmosphere to the game

Hey Jarhead, once you have the mod out and completed, and you're thinking about fine tuning, take a look at the PKM and PKP.

The sounds on these guns are fine, but when you hear them from a distance of 600-1000 meters, the effect is somewhat muddy. It's sort of a static roar rather than the distant chattering sound that is so iconic.

I don't know how much control you have over distant sounds, but if it could be 'cleaned up' it would sound much better.

Hi,

yeah I can control the distand sounding a bit. And I can take a look on that. Its maybe something with the Bass frequencíes or something...

Jarhead

WOAH this sound mod rocks!! I just ducked because i heard an incoming RPG. haha Not many games will make you do that.

So, to get some actions back into here, I decided for myself to release the RC first of all ONLY for CO. So I gotta Split this of later.

The Mod is probably done, its about 700MB (without Optional content) and I getting to release this maybe on the 12.05.2010. So next weekend, thats what I hope.

You waited enough, so its time for me to get you something back.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

So, to get some actions back into here, I decided for myself to release the RC first of all ONLY for CO. So I gotta Split this of later.

Is it only for CO in that it will only run in CO? Or can we simply delete the OA content like with the beta?

Its will be as modular as all the other versions. So of course you can do this. But I told ya I want to split off the mod into different parts for Vanilla, OA or CO. But I have noot anymore the Time to work on the mod as always. So I have to making some results.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

So I reworked all Bulletby Sounds today. I mean, ca. 80% of them, because some of them was good. I reworked only these strange tatatata-Sounds. So now if you getting under fire, you hear Soniccracks and RealRecorded Bulletbys. After a short test I guess its nice how it sounds and works.

New Movement - Gravel sounds. The old ones wasn't as nice as I want them to be. So I did some new ones.

Reworked some of the Soniccracks.

Packed everything back together. So there are 4 Optional Weapon Packs now. Beta 5, 7 and 9 Packs and the new WoodyClear-Pack with the already mentioned new "More-Wood-Forest-Matching-Sounds".

So there will be an Optional Movement Config for Arma2 Vanilla players because they couldn't use the Movement sounds at all.

Optional Soniccracks, so you can choose between new Distance-Styles and other Soniccracks at all.

So, after fixing the rest of the errors I have to take a look if I forget something of all the many things I wanted to fix. I can tell you now already, that there are be errors you already mentioned and I just had forget to fix them. The List was too damn long for my stupid brain^^ So... we'll see what this will all about. After the RC Release, I will no longer upload new Version, just some small updates, so you don't have to reload the whole mod.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Guess some celebration is in order. Thanks a lot LordJarhead.

@LJ

I wonder if you "tweaked" a bit the SCAR sounds in the upcoming version.

Personally i m singer and sound engineer..but the best way i can describe

those SCAR sounds (always imHo) is..

*short burst= "tssu-AF-AF-AF!!"

*2 single shots="tssu-AF ...tssu-AF!!"

Anyways..THIS is the 'only' sound mod i use ..(and my team)

and we waiting patiently the upcoming release :)

Regards

Edited by GiorgyGR

Not possible

no new files there

Great News! Tested the Beta when I've gotten ArmA 2 [Which made me had CO finally]

It sounds just as great as CSM2[Too bad it is broken now]

Now I'm pending on the RC of J.S.R.S