What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thanks maturin! I got your point on that one. But at least the player will bring his head down when hearing this, my job is done :D

But I know what ya mean. But see, its a lot of work to rework all this again! I reworked all my Bullethits some month ago. I mean, we are talking about 1800 Sounds^^ odd... fucking odd... This would take me just 3 hours again...^^

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Don't let us drive you crazy. With 1800 sounds it's okay if one or two are only as good as, say, the default ones. If you're going to spend time anywhere, I would recommend looking at how common each sound is. I have no idea how the game chooses between the odd thousand files, but having been shot at a whole lot, I'd say to make sure that the game isn't playing one or two sounds disproportionately often.

For example, 7.62mm bullets seem to almost always make this sort of triple-hit sound. It's enough that I can always tell when an AK-47 is firing at me because I get that weird dun-bip-bip. I doubt 5.56 is going to sound that much different from 7.62 all the time, so mixing the sounds of different calibers would keep things varied.

We're testing the mod? you have completed the mod? when you gonna go?

:D

Im starting to love this mod, who cares about the A-10 sound?, he never appears in any mission :p

@LJ

I give you my word that EVERYBODY (at least in my team..) ..we bring our

heads to the floor when bullets start ricocheting in few centimeters.

Your work has been done VERY WELL.

Now..we only waiting for the next version for some 'issues' to be fixed.

Gratzz again man :cheers:

Same here, been loving this mod for months, it makes single player mission a lot more immersive too (I am talking Eagle Wing, too).

It's the best. enough said. got our whole unit to switch :)

Oh..i forgot!..

Sorry if it's a silly question but..@LJ it will be possible to keep the same(0.99beta)

'key' when your update 'll be out??! oO (!?)

Oh..i forgot!..

Sorry if it's a silly question but..@LJ it will be possible to keep the same(0.99beta)

'key' when your update 'll be out??! oO (!?)

Yap, should work fine. In the Final version are more than 4 different Soundpacks, so you can choose between each sound for each weapons by yourself. And it will be available on MP at all!

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

:eek: Wow LJ that's awesome! thank you. Gonna be a big download. Will be like Christmas :)

:eek: Wow LJ that's awesome! thank you. Gonna be a big download. Will be like Christmas :)

i hope not FOR Christmas

Awesome sound mod. Can't wait to try out the new version, are you getting close to giving us an ETA yet?

Also, how will we be able to choose which pack we would like to use between the 4 included? Installation? Addon Menu?

Thanks, keep up the amazing work!

Will all four versions be viable for the multiplayer? With a general JSRS server keys allowing any version?

And how do they differ, out of curiosity? Different sorts of styles?

Edit: Hold the phone! I just discovered that .50 BMG fired out of the M107 makes no sonic crack. The KVSK counterpart works just fine.

And a question: do bullets fired by HMG make different sounds from bullets fire by .50 snipers? Incoming machinegun fire sounds a lot better than individual 12.7mm rounds.

Edited by maturin

Well there are different sounds for 12.7mm and cal.50. The cal.50 has just soniccracks on it while the 12.7mm rounds have soniccracks and bulletby's on it. So you can hear different sound when you getting under fire by an 50cal and an M107.

Yap, thats the plan. All earlier Version are in the complete RC 1.0 Version. So you can choose between all the older sounds and some new Packs. For Example -> The new Soundpack with sounds for Chernarus and Woody area's with an extreme loud Echo on it. I will make an Sample-Video so you can see what Im talking about ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Well there are different sounds for 12.7mm and cal.50. The cal.50 has just soniccracks on it while the 12.7mm rounds have soniccracks and bulletby's on it. So you can hear different sound when you getting under fire by an 50cal and an M107.

Yap, thats the plan. All earlier Version are in the complete RC 1.0 Version. So you can choose between all the older sounds and some new Packs. For Example -> The new Soundpack with sounds for Chernarus and Woody area's with an extreme loud Echo on it. I will make an Sample-Video so you can see what Im talking about ;)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Yes Yes Yes !! :yay: Can't wait for it!

LordJarhead, I got a new sound card, and finally can properly send dolby digital signals to my 7.1 Sony home theater system. The sounds of war are truly amazing with perfect surround and hard hitting bass when using your mod. Although I do use a mix of other sound mods, yours account for about 95% of my @sound folder.

And while I thank you every time I play the game... I think my neighbors hate you. :D

If I had to give up all my mods but one, I'd keep yours without hesitation.

The cal.50 has just soniccracks on it while the 12.7mm rounds have soniccracks and bulletby's on it.

Okay, that makes sense. The cal .50 was making no sounds at all. All I heard were impacts, so they're not working in the latest beta.

Do 12.7mm fired from a Kord have the same sounds as 12.7mm fired from a KVSK?

LordJarhead, I got a new sound card, and finally can properly send dolby digital signals to my 7.1 Sony home theater system. The sounds of war are truly amazing with perfect surround and hard hitting bass when using your mod. Although I do use a mix of other sound mods, yours account for about 95% of my @sound folder.

And while I thank you every time I play the game... I think my neighbors hate you. :D

If I had to give up all my mods but one, I'd keep yours without hesitation.

Haha, yah Mate. My Neighbors maybe don't like me for that one too^^ But hey, as long as they can hear and feel it, my job is done good ^^

Okay, that makes sense. The cal .50 was making no sounds at all. All I heard were impacts, so they're not working in the latest beta.

Do 12.7mm fired from a Kord have the same sounds as 12.7mm fired from a KVSK?

Well, the Soniccracks and Bulletby's are Ammotype-Sided. That means, the sound is comming up because of firing the "12.7mm" Bullet, and not because of firing the M107 or KVSK. Means, same bulletby's and Crack's from M9 and Mp5 because they using the same Ammotype, the 9mm... So I guess its the same with the Kord/KVSK... I don't know what type of ammo the KVSK is using...

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Well, the Soniccracks and Bulletby's are Ammotype-Sided. That means, the sound is comming up because of firing the "12.7mm" Bullet, and not because of firing the M107 or KVSK. Means, same bulletby's and Crack's from M9 and Mp5 because they using the same Ammotype, the 9mm... So I guess its the same with the Kord/KVSK... I don't know what type of ammo the KVSK is using...

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

I just tested and saw that the M2 works fine, so look up the special M107 round.

*A silly suggestion again..

I have read all thread's pages (some time ago)..and now i can't remember if

the following matter ever mentioned before.

I have noticed (some time ago also..)the M4A3 sounds (CZ faction weapons)

are missing..

Just FYI

* I have noticed (some time ago also..)the M4A3 sounds (CZ faction weapons)

are missing..

Just FYI

------Yes, someone has reported the bug. In the JSRS-W folder, there is jsrs_m4a3.pbo, but it just doesn't work. Hope it will be fixed in the next update.

hi LordJarhead,

Your sound is really great mod, it seems to really be at war but the only thing that disappointed me is the effect of distant battle.

Could do something like this it will be great

hi LordJarhead,

Your sound is really great mod, it seems to really be at war but the only thing that disappointed me is the effect of distant battle.

Could do something like this it will be great

Listening to the beginning part of that video, I didn't hear any distant battle at all.

Those popping noises were bullets passing by several meters away, not distant gunshots. And the muzzle blasts were barely audible.