What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

You probably already know this, but with the guns on the Littebird (AH-J I think), the 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm versions have the same sound. Can you speed it up for the faster variant, to give it that extra punchy feel?

Cheers.

Just in case you missed my post, Jarhead.

This applies to all guns of this type, be they on the Littlebird, Blackhawk, etc. The guns sound the same even when the RPM is doubled, which is really weird considering.

Is it possible for you to just speed up the original sound for the 4000 rpm fire-mode?

- HateDread.

Hey I finally tested the mod!

It is just way amazing!!

P.s. Got ArmA 2 and Combined with OA, so gotten a chance to test this mod smoothly

Just in case you missed my post, Jarhead.

This applies to all guns of this type, be they on the Littlebird, Blackhawk, etc. The guns sound the same even when the RPM is doubled, which is really weird considering.

Is it possible for you to just speed up the original sound for the 4000 rpm fire-mode?

- HateDread.

No worries Mate, I saw your Post ;) Yah, I guess the sound I have at the moment isn't good enough an will sounds weird when playing at doubled RPM. So I guess I should make completely new Sounds for the m134. :D

Yah, with Arma2 CO you can play this mod, but there are still a lot of errors in the Beta 0.99B Version. Well, the RC.1.0 will be much improved!

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

sounds great JH, your mod is the only one ever to have made me actually duck in real life when I got shot at in game. Salute!

Well I have a bump in my forehead that tells me that I take ducking a bit too seriously :D. Guess the only thing left is actually diving for cover on incoming :p

Well I have a bump in my forehead that tells me that I take ducking a bit too seriously :D. Guess the only thing left is actually diving for cover on incoming :p

lol believe it or not I actually did the Hollywood fable involving the popping balloon on my return from Telic. felt like a tit.

@LordJarhead I don't know if/when you need help with configs and such, but since I know "good" modding projects in ArmA 2 keep taking more and more time of our lives let me know in case you need ANY kind of help with configs and whatnot.

Just in case, I don't want to stop at saying this is a great mod, I am actually available for helping you.

Keep it up, the sound mod is great ;)

When the release is planned RC 1.0 ?

Actually Im not sure. I had not much time to work on the mod on the last day/weeks. If I going to tell ya, I will release it maybe this Weekend, I will bring my self into trouble, because if I not going to make it done until then, I will be the dump ass told you, that you will get it, but you wouldn't. So, for all respect, I have to tell ya: When its done :D Sry friend.

@LordJarhead I don't know if/when you need help with configs and such, but since I know "good" modding projects in ArmA 2 keep taking more and more time of our lives let me know in case you need ANY kind of help with configs and whatnot.

Just in case, I don't want to stop at saying this is a great mod, I am actually available for helping you.

Keep it up, the sound mod is great ;)

Well Mate, thats nice to hear! I will think about that, and I guess there is enough of things you could do for me! But as I said, not much time these days. So I send ya an PM if I going to need ya help!

But thanks a lot guys! You keeping my motivation to work on this mod alive!

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Well Mate, thats nice to hear! I will think about that, and I guess there is enough of things you could do for me! But as I said, not much time these days. So I send ya an PM if I going to need ya help!

But thanks a lot guys! You keeping my motivation to work on this mod alive!

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

You're welcome. Thank YOU for the mod, anytime you just need to send me a PM. Cheers,

PS: As far as I know a dev-heaven board is not currently active for JSRS, it might be a good to use one (if you want of course) to keep track of what-to-do and oh-my-gawd-bugz :)

Another question sorry all.. but in my last post i mentioned an error message, it states the the it can't find, or there is not Stryker sounds, i click ok and it seem fine and the strykers still seem to have sounds to them, but just wondering if this is a knows problem becuase i haven't had it before using this mod. ....

...my thoughts are its a certain sound from ACE_SM maybe that JSRS does not have. so when replacing the JSRS sounds and taking out the ACE_SM i get full JSRS sounds excepts that one stryker error... not sure if this is a known issue but, just wondering about anyone elses thoughts...

Hi

When i start up OA with the latest verison of this mod enabled i get the following message

Addon "JSRS_AAVP" requires addon "CAWeapons_bizon"

Anyone know how i sort this problem out ??

Hi

When i start up OA with the latest verison of this mod enabled i get the following message

Addon "JSRS_AAVP" requires addon "CAWeapons_bizon"

Anyone know how i sort this problem out ??

You need the Arma2 CO! Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead together! Maybe this is causing this error.

Jarhead

with the new patch the missing m_230 is popping a cannot play this mission I'm waiting to see if this will not permit me to load on the server

next version:notworthy: cant wait for that:coop: Jarhead, wish you to release it as rapidly as you can:D.

It might just be me, but the high-pitched whining sound of the M1A2 tank sounds a bit strange. Normally, I would have thought it had more grunt to it? Might be wrong, though :)

There's this sound that's really bugging me.

Sometimes instead of a bullet making a crack or a whiz as it goes past your head, you get this muffled ratatat sound instead. That's stupid. Instead of hearing one bullet, you hear a distant machine gun firing a burst. So if someone has just shot a Lee Enfield at you, you will hear a machinegun and then the rifle anyway.

Imho it would be better just to delete that particular sound or use it for a distant muzzle blast. I'm used to the idea of multiple hit sounds for bullet impacts (would be nice if they were less frequent) but this one doesn't really work.

There's this sound that's really bugging me.

Sometimes instead of a bullet making a crack or a whiz as it goes past your head, you get this muffled ratatat sound instead. That's stupid. Instead of hearing one bullet, you hear a distant machine gun firing a burst. So if someone has just shot a Lee Enfield at you, you will hear a machinegun and then the rifle anyway.

Imho it would be better just to delete that particular sound or use it for a distant muzzle blast. I'm used to the idea of multiple hit sounds for bullet impacts (would be nice if they were less frequent) but this one doesn't really work.

I think the issue that troubles you-has mentioned before.

Of course it's *LJ's decision..but i also find it 'annoying' :cool:

No no, you right guys! This is the Sound of my "TESTS". I was testing the new Bulletby-Sounds and just put something into it, so I can see if everything works fine! This is of course annoying or stupid. I can fix this. Its just a couple of seconds to do this.

Jarhead

So in next version,a single incoming bullet will be heard as "single 'wizz'sound" -and

a burst of incoming bullets will be heard as "many single-'wizz's-sound" ..or a 'fixed' sample of "'ratatat' sound"?

*I hope you got my point lol

So in next version,a single incoming bullet will be heard as "single 'wizz'sound" -and

a burst of incoming bullets will be heard as "many single-'wizz's-sound" ..or a 'fixed' sample of "'ratatat' sound"?

*I hope you got my point lol

I don't think the sound engine allows for something like the latter without some tricky scripting. Each bullet makes a sound, and the engine can't really measure the volume of fire, then go back in time and play a collective sound for all of it.

But fire a few rounds into a nearby car and instead of getting *plink plink plink* you hear the rounds ricocheting and shattering all over the interior, which is awesome.

Some of the multiple hit sounds for concrete sound a bit odd, but I can see how they could be ricochets as well, and it doesn't stop them from being the best modded impact sounds overall.

Thanks maturin! I got your point on that one. But at least the player will bring his head down when hearing this, my job is done :D

But I know what ya mean. But see, its a lot of work to rework all this again! I reworked all my Bullethits some month ago. I mean, we are talking about 1800 Sounds^^ odd... fucking odd... This would take me just 3 hours again...^^

Thanks so far,

Jarhead