What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Yes. I used ACEX_SM for a long time now, and when T Switch, killed or not, I heard the sounds. Never had the problem with ACEX_SM and TRSM.

The engine sound of the AH-1z is silent when the engine is being turned on. Some other mods have sounds that play just while the engine if being revved, but in JSRS you have silence for about ten seconds as the blades begin to turn. Then the rotor gets noisy once it is at full power.

The AH1 is also missing some sounds for its cannon but you probably know that.

I dont like the A-10 sounds... also, I dont like the metal ricochet sound fx neither

What... I cant say that?

the new internet troll

my_problem_.jpg?1285556750

Edited by SpetS15

Good rifle sounds, unfortunately YakB sucks rockets IMHO.

this video shows how it sounds IRL. Edited by zGuba

If you need a Mi- 17 Sound, I have recorded one. Imagine this with much more bass

GKF5pjRnJkk

Try the M136, this sound mod makes the rocket worth it !

Not a rocket!

Try the M136, this sound mod makes the rocket worth it !

M136 sucks imho.

Should be more BOOM ish.

Good rifle sounds, unfortunately YakB sucks rockets IMHO.

this video shows how it sounds IRL.

I imagine it sounds quite different when you are sitting in the aircraft with the thing and a cockpit and a half of metal between you. If the sounds were sped up it might be appropriate for the sound in the pilot's ear.

But since everyone is lobbying for their pet projects, don't forget the UH-1y minigun!

Edit: The YakB gun on the Hind actually has a rate of fire comparable to the M134 and GAU-8, so the relatively slow series of muzzle blasts in the current sound is not at all appropriate. The sound is easy on the ear, but suggest a RoF 1/400th of what it really is.

Edited by maturin

Hi everyone!

First of all, congratulations Jarhead for this great mod! But, unfortunately I'm having a problem, almost the same as Darkxess.

When loading ArmA 2 vanilla, I get an error saying missing "JSRS_AH64E" requires addon "CAAir_E".

Also, I can't load a saved game anymore, and an error message appears: "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. catracked_e, caair_e, caweapons_e, ca_e, cachacters_e_head.

Do you have any idea what this could be? Please, this is an awesome mod, I just can't give it away :D

Thanks in advance.

The error message is harmless and probably happens because something in the config refers to OA material.

The mod is still in beta, and the hopefully temporary saved game problem happens to everyone.

Excellent sound mod, Jarhead. I'm using most of your sounds along with TR's vehicles and Combined Ops sounds amazing. Quick question, does this mod mute the AI's voices? If so, why?

Jarhead, your work is amazing, my friend!

Just some generic script errors you might want to see:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m2hmg\shells\metal_01.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m2hmg\shells\metal_02.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_02.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_04.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses11.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_2a14\2a14-s2.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_2a14\2a14-s2.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses7.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses9.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_05.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses4.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_04.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses5.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses6.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\sfx\meadow-day_05.wss'

Etc. All pulled from my .rpt file.

Good work so far, mate!

EDIT: FYI, using latest version via Addonsync.

Edited by HateDread

Forgot about the good 'ol .rpt.

Besides the M1A3 EP1 scope errors several people have reported, I have a crapton of Error: Failed to open file jsrs_t72\noise-ext.wav and Error: Failed to open file jsrs_t72\noise-in.wav.

Yeah, do a search on .wav, there are a couple more. Also several walking/gear sounds (like water not working at all). Hope all .rpt errors are completely gone by the time of full release. Had to fix a lot of issues for myself in order to be able to use it (I simply can't live without now that I'm used to it, lol :D)

I dont like the A-10 sounds... also, I dont like the metal ricochet sound fx neither

What... I cant say that?

the new internet troll

my_problem_.jpg?1285556750

Hi,

whats your problem, huh? Of course you can say that... why not? :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

First of all, congratulations Jarhead for this great mod! But, unfortunately I'm having a problem, almost the same as Darkxess.

When loading ArmA 2 vanilla, I get an error saying missing "JSRS_AH64E" requires addon "CAAir_E".

Also, I can't load a saved game anymore, and an error message appears: "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. catracked_e, caair_e, caweapons_e, ca_e, cachacters_e_head.

Do you have any idea what this could be? Please, this is an awesome mod, I just can't give it away :D

Thanks in advance.

Yah, its because this mod is constructed to Arma 2 CO so far and is not fully supported for Arma2 and Arma2 OA. There are several things causing this error. All OA weapons and the AH64E and the AH6J, also the Movements too. By deleting them, the error will get away. In further Update(s) and RC1.0 Release, I hope to can split of the mod into CO and Vanilla/AO content. Oh, and Thanks Buddy ;)

Excellent sound mod, Jarhead. I'm using most of your sounds along with TR's vehicles and Combined Ops sounds amazing. Quick question, does this mod mute the AI's voices? If so, why?

No, I never heard about an error like that before. Maybe another Mod you are using. What mods you using at the Time?

Jarhead, your work is amazing, my friend!

Just some generic script errors you might want to see:

Etc. All pulled from my .rpt file.

Good work so far, mate!

EDIT: FYI, using latest version via Addonsync.

Yap, all Errors already reported by Kju so far and also already fixed. No .rpt spamming anymore.... so thats the plan^^ But Thanks for this Mate.

Forgot about the good 'ol .rpt.

Besides the M1A3 EP1 scope errors several people have reported, I have a crapton of Error: Failed to open file jsrs_t72\noise-ext.wav and Error: Failed to open file jsrs_t72\noise-in.wav.

Yap, same as before, already fixed.

There are more things to do. But at the last two weeks, I had to work hard every day, so there was not much time to work on. Same for the weekends, I bought an G40 two weeks ago and have a lot to do on this thing. :( There no time in further days....

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Cant wait for the next version, thanks for all your hard work LordJarhead! :jump_clap:

No doubt,it's the most enjoyable sound mod.I use it all the time since the OA. wish you to fix the rpt errors and release the next version.

Yah, its because this mod is constructed to Arma 2 CO so far and is not fully supported for Arma2 and Arma2 OA. There are several things causing this error. All OA weapons and the AH64E and the AH6J, also the Movements too. By deleting them, the error will get away. In further Update(s) and RC1.0 Release, I hope to can split of the mod into CO and Vanilla/AO content. Oh, and Thanks Buddy ;)

Jarhead

Hi, I have the same problem; I'm using Arma 2 without OA. Is it possible to get a list of all the pbos i need to delete in order to get the mod running?

This is by far the most kick-ass sound mod ever. Playing with it takes my point of view on ArmA to a higher level.

Every time you get to shoot with your rifle JSRS makes you go "hell yeah babe."

Maybe I am sick, that's just me :)

Hello, great mod, my first time using it, but i have a question... i also use ACE2 so should i take out the @ACE_SM in the mod shortcut.exe? or should i have both up and it will just over write them.....

PS.... i also get a sound error i don't have a screnshot but its some vehicle sound i haven't gotten before sence adding this

You probably already know this, but with the guns on the Littebird (AH-J I think), the 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm versions have the same sound. Can you speed it up for the faster variant, to give it that extra punchy feel?

Cheers.