What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

For the Stryker's sound issues, I think Jarhead highly advised to delete the sound files related to it along with A10's a while ago, as soon as 99b came out, in fact.

Weird. In that case it must be caused by ACE, because I don't have a Bradley from BI.

I do get an AH-64 related error when starting the game, which could be from ACE or Eagle Wing.

I think the reason that you don't have one is because your not running Combined Operations. The bradley is in Operation Arrowhead, also I think that you get an error for the Apache because it's trying to find the files for the one that is in Operation Arrowhead, it's slightly different from the one in basic ARMA II.

I've gotten that error when I start the basic ARMA II but when I run Combined Operations it's gone.

(I don't want this to sound like I'm arguing with you, I'm just trying to be helpful.)

I get an error that says "sound is not a class) firelightduration accessed"

What is this related to, anybody know?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Hi,

Im sick a bit. So I have to stay in the Bed for the first^^

The Error you mentioned is about GL4 and JSRS together. We talked about that already and I will search for this error soon. Should be just an wrong Class Entry in the Configs. So fast done to fix but not easy to find.

This "No Entry "/Bin/Config....frequency" Error is because of the STRYKER Files in the JSRS-V Folder. Please just delete these File. The Sounds getting already used by the Bradley.

The LAV25 has some strange sounds too for the Moment, it was just for testings such as the A10. You can delete all of them if you want. These are all Testing-Sounds.

I reworked ALL weapons so far. All Handheld-Weapons. In the next Update you can choose for your self which sounds you will use for which weapon. But I guess I told that already. So nothing new so far.

There are 16 New Explosion Sounds. So when an A10 is coming in and loosing all their Gau8 Ammo, its an nice new popping, a non too loud banging, but quickly popping bang-sound. Don't know how to explain this^^

So BMP2 and BRDM90 have these new Explosion Sounds too. Its just because of the difference between HE and non-HE ammo. So when shooting with an Tank in the dirt, yah, there are new Explosion-sounds too, I reworked all the Tank-Exp.-Sounds, so we have now 24 new Explosion-sounds, so when shooting in Dirt, you hear an normal Tank-shell-Exp.-Sound. But when shooting on an other Tank or Vehicle, you can hear the Shell breaching the Metal. So there are an difference for this now.

More will follow maybe. I planing more in the Future: So when shooting into Houses you can hear Glass and so on flying around. When shooting into Forest and Wood or hitting and tree, it should sound like it, so should sound maybe like breaking wood or so.

So I try to make more Vehicles, the SU-25/Shilka will follow in the next Update. There are still Errors I have to take care of. And all of you are still waiting for some new stuff, because all this is getting boring every day :D

So I will try to rework all Vehicles a bit more to sounds not like YT-Video-Sound-Sounds^^

So,

All Handheld-Weapons reworked

Added 24 new Explosion-Sounds

Added SU25/Shilka

Fixed some Errors

Reworked A10 Engines

Reworked Gau8

Reworked some other Vehicles

Did some uninterested Stuff

So, thanks for your time.

Jarhead

Thanks Jarhead, great sound mod my new favorite one, so many variations of individual sounds. The explosions are great! I was wondering if you had any plans to improve the M-8 gun sounds?

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Get some rest Jarhead, the mod is great and keeps getting better, thanks for all the hard work you've been doing on this and get well soon!!

Thanks guys..

I edited some other weapons today and will work on an T90 soon. So it will be with the next update. So most "Non-Mod" Vehicles are covered from my mod i guess. The Stryker, Ok, I guess I will make a whole new one if I find the Time.

So, I just have a Pneumonia and a little cough. Nothing bad! Nothing I couldn't cure with enough sleep (and a lot of Antibiotics LOL) ... so be stay tuned...

Jarhead

Many thx for the info.

I was afraid you'd cut off :D

Thats realy good news for the next releas, i can't wait ;)

and yes get well soon "god of sounds" :jesus:

Edited by bensdale

Geeze... Take some time off, we ain't going nowhere. :)

I'd just like to say how much I love these sounds.

Some "realistic" sound pakcs are pure ear-rape, or dont sound good, and vanilla sounds are just poop..

This sound pack makes every single weapon sound awesome, and I am glad you went trough the process of making these for us. Thank you. :)

Any chance of updated XM8s? Just use whatever other 5.56 gun sound, it's not important, as long as the style is kept when using the gun, instead of that awkward vanilla sound.

Any chance of updated XM8s? Just use whatever other 5.56 gun sound, it's not important, as long as the style is kept when using the gun, instead of that awkward vanilla sound.

I agree, XM8s sound terrible vanilla, just a copy of other 5.56 sounds would suit me as well.

No Mates,

just copy the sound of an other 5.56 Weapons is not so good. I make a new Sound for this one of course: XM8 - Noted.

Same for the HK4** on ACE and the MG3 and the G3 of the BWMod.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Go to bed and get well - now! Or should we really call the KSK or SEK/MEK to arrest you and put you in a room without any connection to pc & the interwebz? :D

Go to bed and get well - now! Or should we really call the KSK or SEK/MEK to arrest you and put you in a room without any connection to pc & the interwebz? :D

Do you want to kill me Mate :D:D No way... Im off.... I go into my Bed now, really!!! :P

Jarhead

Point was it's not worth putting a lot of effort into. XM8 isn't a much used gun anyhow, and not at all a favorite of mine (missing some important versions of it). Make copying sounds a high priority. Make making completely new sounds low priority, and deal with the rest in between :)

And, get some sleep, will ya :D

I've noticed that the sounds for the Cobra are mostly unchanged.

I'd love to see some new sounds for that as well, the gun has a bit more of an echo but it's still mostly vanilla not to mention the engine sounds are terrible vanilla.

If those are changed then you'll truly be the best in my opinion and in my opinion if you want the best out there then it'll have to be changed, you hear it a lot in the A2 campaign and it saddens me...

Well I can wait, get some rest now and modify later or else I'll come over there and tranquilize you! lol jk

HK416 and 417 sounds? :m:

Hope you feel better soon.

Do these HK416/417 ssounds include RH's packs? New sounds for them as well as the ACR's etc would be awesome.

Get better soon!

Stupid, but in my long bed time I thought I could do something interesting.

So here is the new FaceBook-J.S.R.S.-Site.... there you can do... what ever you want to ^^

Discussions-Thread`s and so on are there too.,. so nothing else than here^^

But on Facebook, everyone tells you anyways what he's doing, so you would a bit closer to the work I have.

Hope you have fun, and please ADD this page! I NEED FANS!!^^

Thanks so far guys!

Jarhead

PS: And tell this everyone else on Facebook who is playing ;)

Edited by LordJarhead

hum ..... final stage for beta .... beta released this weekend ! nice but is it a public beta ?

hum ..... final stage for beta .... beta released this weekend ! nice but is it a public beta ?

How you mean that? of course.. you can download it if you want and play with the Beta-Mod. But beware, its beta and not all problems are solved until now.

Have fun with it ;)

Jarhead