What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I do hope all this talk of 'static' or 'white noise' (I've not heard any) isn't going to result in the removal of the background breeze ambience. To me this is the single most remarkable element in the mod, the world is rarely ever totally silent and at quiet moments I marvel at how authentic and evocative of being outside Jarhead's samples are.

The white noise is very much a different sound from the background breeze in general, and it soon passes.

I use on Sennheiser Pro headphones and also use xfi enhancement, I played a couple of days with environment and I could not here any "white noise".

The only time this should be removed is if your referring to sound quality with "hissing" or very high frequency "fuzz" on a sample ... personally I didn't hear anything that had this false sound to it at all.

I would say for those pointing out, they need to record it and upload an mp3 clip or youtube clip stating what they think is white noise and what might actually be standard sound of wind etc which is intentional.

Otherwise its requesting something to be looked for that might not actually be the case.

Its either that or you have some kind of sample frequency playback issue on you sound-card "adding" hiss on playback (so maybe check all the mhz rates are the same jarhead on conversion for environment pbo sounds just in case its playback on a system that decodes a sample wrong), or you have graphic equaliser or enhancement via you sound drivers pushing the top end frequency which is showing subtle hiss as exaggerated on your system, but that's all I could think of if some hear it and others dont ... or ... its "mistaken Identity" :)

Edited by mrcash2009

What I find is that if I alt-tab from OA to the desktop to edit a file, and then alt-tab back to OA, the sound initially playing during the "receiving" phase is noticeably hissy. Once the game gets underway it doesn't seem to be an issue.

J.S.R.S It's my favourite sound mod!!! and I think if the sound of change magazine like the CSM2 (like the sound of the heavy sniper rifle change magazine) it will be perfect!!!

about the white noise. i sometimes hear it when there is no action going on in game, other than that its barely noticeable.

i thought that noise was radio static which is meant to be part of the mod haha

So Mate. I checkes all I got here. Nothing so far. Like mrcash said, its maybe something on your side with "graphic equaliser" or "you have some kind of sample frequency playback issue on you sound-card "adding" hiss on playback".

I have to say: If you getting out of the game, by alt+tab for example, jumping back into it after some minutes, the Environmentsounds getting an error an will be played 2 or 4 time louder than normal! Same, if you Paused the Game. Maybe its that. Otherwise it could really have something to do with the mhz frequency of some sounds. While the Background soundings for Forest or Meadow are be in 441000 Stereo, the Wind noises are only 22500 Mono. Maybe this causing an error on your side. But nothing here so far.

I will add some new Wind Samples with 441000 mhz and we'll see if its worth it^^

But like mrcash said, maybe you could upload an Video from the Game with that "Noises" you have. That would really helpful to see, what this will causing.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

It's hard to explain sounds over a forum, But i can tell you this is the only sound mod with that "static" sound, I told my brother to try the mod on hes PC (a totally different setup) and is the same thing. But hey, I'll just let it go and move on.

I do have the same problem with the noise. Only with this mod.

Yeah I noticed that too. I think it's the ambient "wind and grass" noise, although it just sounds like static.

Hello, here is an homemade video with that sound in the background. It's actually on Tchernarus, but it's the same sound on whatever map. I would like to think it's the sound of grass and leaves on a windy day, but it's rahter getting on the nerves after a few mins. :)

Q98IQX0r8Q4

I have tried to change audio settings in game and in Windows, but I had no luck to get a rid of it.

Is there a way to get back the vanilla russian language? The mod is awesome but the violent *peep* after each call makes my ears bleed

Is there a way to get back the vanilla russian language? The mod is awesome but the violent *peep* after each call makes my ears bleed

Delete the JSRS_Radiochatter.pbo and Config in the JSRS-E folder!

Hello, here is an homemade video with that sound in the background. It's actually on Tchernarus, but it's the same sound on whatever map. I would like to think it's the sound of grass and leaves on a windy day, but it's rahter getting on the nerves after a few mins. :)

Q98IQX0r8Q4

I have tried to change audio settings in game and in Windows, but I had no luck to get a rid of it.

Ah, I know what you mean. This is coming out when mixing the Meadow-Day with the Tree-Day files. This is happening when standing at meadows with trees nearby. I change both of the sounds than.

Jarhead

Ah, I know what you mean. This is coming out when mixing the Meadow-Day with the Tree-Day files. This is happening when standing at meadows with trees nearby. I change both of the sounds than.

Jarhead

Thanks Jarhead, you rock, man ! But just to add a little thing. This sound doesn't only happen near trees, I have the same issue on the desert map. I do guess it the sound issue that others where pointing at.

But I'm just assuming.

Can you tell me which file is linked to that ? So I could delete it and report you back if that helped any.

well, its all in the jsrs_environment file in the -E folder. Ido it by myself, mate, no worries. 5 mins to work^^

Jarhead

Somehow firing the FFAR rockets is a double salvo instead of a single (default A2CO) one. Tested with AH-6J in SP mission where you have to patrol area/destroy convoy.

Somehow firing the FFAR rockets is a double salvo instead of a single (default A2CO) one
double fire is vanilla (but don't no why) and ACE 2 have single fire hydras

hope bis change this since Arma 2 release hehe

Edited by TeilX

An A10 fly past me last night doing a GAU run and we couldnt even really hear the gun at all..seems like the sound totally cuts out too on the impact sounds.. Such a great sound mod but maybe the A10 needs some TLC?

Jarhead said the A10 shouldn't have been released yet, you should delete all sound files related to it for the moment.

Guys can you help me plz?

I know enough about "client side" addons..but nothing when comes to "server side".

I want my clan's server (Hellenic Army Command virtual /HACv)

to allow players/clients with JSRS mod.

What should i do?

1)Install the mod to server?

2)Placing the famous "key" file somewhere on server-without installing the mod?

(and if YES..where?)

3)other ??...

Edited by GiorgyGR

So,

the double fired Hydras are a change by the JSRS Mod because of fixing the sound overlapping causing by the BIS Config. So I added this values to add a "burst" Firemode. So there shouldn't be any Soundproblems anymore.

The Gau8B was deletet because of the rework by .kju and was set back to the normal BIS work. So there is now the old "loop" Mode by firing the Gun. But I don't like it by myself, so I bring the old firemode back with the next release. And it will be loud and you can hear it about 10-15 Kilometers^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

i have some GU8 sounds if you would like them LJ, maybe they might be suitable for what you need.

Does anyone else also has no sound with M-16 A2s and M-16 A4s or is it just me ?