What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Well, I could make an separate Config for those who want it a bit more lower Volume and one for those who like it realistic.

Jarhead

That would be super. :bigsmile:

My hearing thanks you. :p

I still think the soniccracks are a tad too high compared to the rest of the sounds. It might be realistically high, but I'm not sure if want to risk my hearing to enjoy all of the other sounds, which are great by the way. :)

The sonic cracks (and impacts) is for me what makes this mod. Bullets whizzing by really does nothing for me wrt getting afraid. This mod (and others with similar idea) makes me shit my pants when heavily engaged. If anything should be toned down I think it would have to be helicopters. They are noise irl as well, but you will be able to find a way to communicate. Talking loud or screaming even doesn't work at all since you just clip your voice instead of making it louder.

To give some criticism, I'm not too fond of the CH-47 internal sound with its very obvious looping. But I'll live with it if I have to, the rest (so far that I've tried) is very good. It's been a long time since I was this scared on the battlefield :D

For ref on the sonic crack issue. I think it's pretty much on the spot.

J8PuPLIyg9E

Hey Lord Jarhead,

I saw a video you posted here of JSRS running on OA, where Cobra's were firing on a village while infantry assaulted it (cant find video now).

During the video you had really good radio Chatter running, was that another mod ? or just an audio track you overlayed?

Oh, I guess you mean the Video from

. This is another mod, ACRE if i'm right.

My mod has new Radiochatter-End, -beeb, -backgroundnoises but the sound you hear in the Video its ACRE. THere you can add this sounds. If needed^^

Jarhead

I agree with Colusssus. I have my headphones as loud as i can for ArmA without getting numb after an hour. Which means your sonics are louder than VERY loud for me - it starts to hurt. When i lowered the volume afterwards firing a rifle sounds like a distant peashooter. :(

Getting a volume where everything sounds decent is not possible atm.

One suggestion LJ , can you take the CBA Required Addons off your very 1st post if we dont need it anymore? as its confusing some of my guys lol.

Oh, I guess you mean the Video from
. This is another mod, ACRE if i'm right.

My mod has new Radiochatter-End, -beeb, -backgroundnoises but the sound you hear in the Video its ACRE. THere you can add this sounds. If needed^^

Jarhead

I presume ACRE isnt client side and has to be written to the server, will the radio chatter just play in the back ground then?

Edited by Bigpickle

)rStrangelove;1750788']I agree with Colusssus. I have my headphones as loud as i can for ArmA without getting numb after an hour. Which means your sonics are louder than VERY loud for me - it starts to hurt. When i lowered the volume afterwards firing a rifle sounds like a distant peashooter. :(

Getting a volume where everything sounds decent is not possible atm.

Well' date=' Arma is an Simulation of course, don't forget that, most of the Users want realism. But I understand what you mean of course and as already said, I can make some Optional-.pbo's in the next Version so you can choose for your self than, is that ok?

One suggestion LJ , can you take the CBA Required Addons off your very 1st post if we dont need it anymore? as its confusing some of my guys lol.

Done!

I presume ACRE isnt client side and has to be written to the server, will the radio chatter just play in the back ground then?

Well, best thing is, you ask Berliner19 himself, because I have no idea. I had this that way back some time: I was using the Radiochatter-Files fro GL4 and put them into my WinAmp and let them played in the Background, lol^^

So sry if I'm not a big help with that Mate.

Jarhead

It's been a long time since I was this scared on the battlefield :D

A big +1 to that. A group of us tried this on a mission last night, the sound during our first firefight was absolutely tremendous. Real scarey stuff :)

Brilliant mod, well done. :yay:

Since your soundmod is modular, big plus. I'd like to create my own mix up based upon whats already out there and incorporating your mod as the base of this. Of course, its for personal use only.

Some of the HiFi soundmod sounds are my preference and the modular system the same; so my question is, if i were to unPbo the s_pbo's and drop the HiFi sounds in, repbo them, I should have HiFi sounds instead following re-pbo-ing the files?

Kinda defeats the point of the modular system really, I too don't understand why you don't just run the HiFi pbo's you like and remove the others addons you don't wont to run.

Sorry if this is already known and reported but while I noticed it ...

I realise BAF isnt done yet but I wouldn't think that would effect shell explosion missing, as I guess thats a general sound as apposed to BAF specific so anyway ..

Using the Warrior 2 from BAF and firing HEAT or CTWS rounds there are no impact explosion sounds for it, i tested with JSRS latest only.

Sorry if this is already known and reported but while I noticed it ...

I realise BAF isnt done yet but I wouldn't think that would effect shell explosion missing, as I guess thats a general sound as apposed to BAF specific so anyway ..

Using the Warrior 2 from BAF and firing HEAT or CTWS rounds there are no impact explosion sounds for it, i tested with JSRS latest only.

BAF has new classes for ammo. So I have to rework the configs for this, but for this I need the configs of BAF again. Fuck, I need this stupid addon, I can't believe this :p

Jarhead

BAF has new classes for ammo. So I have to rework the configs for this, but for this I need the configs of BAF again. Fuck, I need this stupid addon, I can't believe this :p

Jarhead

All the configs/reference material should already be in BAF lite, which came with the 1.54 patch, but you had some problems installing it, right? Maybe you're gonna have to reinstall OA.

And it's not stupid, it's actually cooler than I thought it would be :p

All the configs/reference material should already be in BAF lite
I did mention this via PM jarhead, you basicly have everything you need other than the hi res models and sound/speech ... config wise.

I agree if you have issues installing it (the latest patch with BAF lite ... only if) and you want to further develop BAF specific, its hard to ignore you deffo need to install that patch and lite, which will give everything.

Same goes for PM's .. BAF Lite vie the patch will make life easier and those missions I linked ... you just will get lower texture & models thats all.

Hope you get it sorted soon :) the headache will fade :)

On a side note it seems a little odd your supporting a soundmod for an DLC you wont purchase :p that will make life easier anyway ... its peanuts and is very nice indeed to have. :bounce3:

Anyway, for configs ... BAF lite and latest patch is the puppy needed.

Edited by mrcash2009

Kinda defeats the point of the modular system really, I too don't understand why you don't just run the HiFi pbo's you like and remove the others addons you don't wont to run.

Hey there Mark,

Like I already mentioned - some of the HiFi sound modules do not work under CO, and of course the sounds are notably different between the mods; so the new OA M4 variants would sound entirely different from the A2 ones, not to mention that the A2 AK47 series and the M4 variants do not work under OA.

Unpacking the JSRS module pbo's, inserting the (renamed to match the JSRS config) .wss files from the unpbo'd HiFi modules is the only way I could get the sounds I prefer active in the game in lieu of HiFi being updated for CO/OA; of which I am aware of you and the mods position.

:)

Edited by gopherman

Hey LordJarhead, i am wondering if in future you plan to add an incoming sound for the artillery and motars ? i got a mate to download your mod today as we played a few missions online in which we used alot of artillery and it got me thinking. :D

Cheers.

I'll thought about that already, yah. I have to look how it works, because its an "not"-Vanilla feature. So for adding something like this, the Mod will take his Hands into the Game more than just with the sounds....

Jarhead

I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but while testing this sound mod out I took out the 249SAW and fired off a couple of rounds and one of the things thats bugging me is the echo. I'll fire a series of rounds but the echo return is that of one bullet. If I fire a full auto weapon I should get a echo back of multiple shots. I don't know if it's possible to do that because you would have to layer echos. I imagine that would eat up processing power if it was even possible. Just sounds a bit awkward to me.

But overall the sound samples are nice quality from what I've heard so far.

has 99C been released on yoma's? cos it just started downloading an updated version

if so cool . if not , hmm strange

also , and i hate asking for anything from a mod maker, but could you just add a small txt file showing what release number it is? , hard to tell in yoma's

other than that , love your work

has 99C been released on yoma's? cos it just started downloading an updated version

if so cool . if not , hmm strange

also , and i hate asking for anything from a mod maker, but could you just add a small txt file showing what release number it is? , hard to tell in yoma's

other than that , love your work

No Mate, 99B is the last Version so far. There will be no new Updates for this Beta anymore.

After the whole testing and fixing there are no larger error anymore and I can move on to the RC... but this will Take a while, you know that all already. So thisfor I don't tell you when bringing a new Version, because everyone is waiting than and I making my self to an Idiot while trying to upload this with broken keys:j: So, when the new Version will be able to download, I tell you. But no release Date so far.

I don't know if it's been pointed out before, but while testing this sound mod out I took out the 249SAW and fired off a couple of rounds and one of the things thats bugging me is the echo. I'll fire a series of rounds but the echo return is that of one bullet. If I fire a full auto weapon I should get a echo back of multiple shots. I don't know if it's possible to do that because you would have to layer echos. I imagine that would eat up processing power if it was even possible. Just sounds a bit awkward to me.

But overall the sound samples are nice quality from what I've heard so far.

Of course: It would be possible to change Reverbs/Echo's on the Weapons. And this would not take me an Hours or so. Its an short and quik job.

But I don't want to right now. I have toke so much time in this, there are other things in Life I have to handle for some days now. Otherwhise I have some personal problems with my relationship and so on, this goes first. That is what I want to fix now^^ An... relationship update... ^^

So I hope you understand, If I don't work this weekend for you, got other things to do. But if there sometime, next week, I can do it. "I want to do this anyway, it sucks!"

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Jman;1752089']No 99C has not been released yet.
No Mate' date=' 99B is the last Version so far.

Jarhead[/quote']

ok thats cool, just thought i'd ask :)

just strange that i had different files and it redownloaded most it

never mind me. loving your work :)

I do suppose it has something to do with Jardhead's advices of deleting everything that belongs to the Stryker in his addon folders. :d:

Edit : Here a helpful quote with the names of the current buggers :

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJarhead

The firing sound of the M107 is working, but the sound-frequency is too high for the Soundengine. So every 6. or 8. sound don't works. I fix that.

The Stryker shouldn't be in the mod because of this failure. Please just delete the Stryker files on the JSRS-V folder

UPDATE: Please just delete the "Stryker"-files on the JSRS-V folder. Its broken.

all stryker files?

jsrs_stryker

jsrs_stryker.pbo

jsrs_stryker_c

jsrs_stryker_c.pbo

Edited by Tim987