What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

8. relax and take a rest.

Seriousely LordJarhead..this mod is very nice.

You did more then earn a little bit of rest;)

Haha, yes, i'll keep this in mind ;)

Jarhead

Well if thats the case, make sure you have the latest winrar install, thats the only reason winrar will fail in such a way that I know of.

I did that as soon as I got the errors. Anyway, thank for suggestions.

the LAV sound have a bbug when looking form 3d view ther is no sound.

and between when the LAV is moving i dont sound like weehls it sounds like he have tracks.

i know that you modief my sounds for the vehicles =)

the LAV sound have a bbug when looking form 3d view ther is no sound.

and between when the LAV is moving i dont sound like weehls it sounds like he have tracks.

i know that you modief my sounds for the vehicles =)

Well, i never touched your sounds until now. So be careful with such statements. Its all "youtubed" mate!

And as already mentioned:

"Reworking Config for missing LAV25 Sound"

Jarhead

I realise you have many but I captured a "moment" using Flashpoint Takistan running full land battle using the very latest beta. It doesn't represent the entire mod but does give an overview of the explosions and incoming rounds, and all round chaos.

1g4UkNYpZnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g4UkNYpZnA

BTW there are no mixed sound mods, this is just yours on its own.

Edited by mrcash2009

I realise you have many but I captured a "moment" using Flashpoint Takistan running full land battle using the very latest beta. It doesn't represent the entire mod but does give an overview of the explosions and incoming rounds, and all round chaos.

1g4UkNYpZnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g4UkNYpZnA

BTW there are no mixed sound mods, this is just yours on its own.

Thank you, Its an nice Video.

Thanks for the support.

Jarhead

jarhead..tested it briefly and I must say--> BIG improvement.

The cracks or spot on in my opinion.

I litterally dived into the ground when I heard a bullet flying past my head..please keep this cracks the way they are now.

You deserve some more attention for this mod!

thanks-for-a-job-well-done.jpg

jarhead..tested it briefly and I must say--> BIG improvement.

The cracks or spot on in my opinion.

I litterally dived into the ground when I heard a bullet flying past my head..please keep this cracks the way they are now.

You deserve some more attention for this mod!

OMG... thank you so much. Hahaha, nice one.

ahhh, now i'm felling a lot more motivated to working on again :yay:

Thank you so much.

Jarhaed

The M240G sounds are much improved:yay:

The old ones were..... well I'll be kind and say they were not to my liking:mad:

The deep nasty bark of this weapon is back and I'm very happy:D

Keep up the good work, mate:681:

Is this an Order, SIR? ^^ If i have some time, i maybe see what i can do. First, some other things.

Jarhead

order nono me know can do even ever what take you time.

here some help on you LAV-25 cross country sound an what sound like inside when fire the 25mm gun

- LAV-25 engine is diseal Detrot 275hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUb0GHEUisM - LAV-3 but uses same Turret as LAV-25 an same engine only 300hp

- LAV-25 diseal detrot at idle power.

me help you improve you engine sound.

me very like you sounds very alot me only consurnsns is BMP-2 an BMP-3 an LAV-25 an M2A2 an BTR-90 me ilike APC an riding men into combat.. afther me saw me friend as crewmen driver of BMP-2 an crewed the BMP-3 saw how much fun APC job is. rideing 6 to 10 troops to battle.

anyway some me friends here in japan have told me they like you mod an use it now on there ARMA 2 an ARMA: OA on there servers.

order nono me know can do even ever what take you time.

here some help on you LAV-25 cross country sound an what sound like inside when fire the 25mm gun

- LAV-25 engine is diseal Detrot 275hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUb0GHEUisM - LAV-3 but uses same Turret as LAV-25 an same engine only 300hp

- LAV-25 diseal detrot at idle power.

me help you improve you engine sound.

me very like you sounds very alot me only consurnsns is BMP-2 an BMP-3 an LAV-25 an M2A2 an BTR-90 me ilike APC an riding men into combat.. afther me saw me friend as crewmen driver of BMP-2 an crewed the BMP-3 saw how much fun APC job is. rideing 6 to 10 troops to battle.

anyway some me friends here in japan have told me they like you mod an use it now on there ARMA 2 an ARMA: OA on there servers.

I really appreciated your offert and taking a look on the Video's. Thanks again.

Jarhead

Is armaholic really the only place to get the update? i dont really fancy waiting 2-3 hours for it.

Ive downloaded a lot bigger addons in about 30secs from armaholic why is it so slow for jsrs

I really dont know. Maybe because its not managed until now or something like this. I dont know.

Jarhead

I downloaded in about 25 min from Armaholic. Be sure to test both FTP for best connection.

Is armaholic really the only place to get the update? i dont really fancy waiting 2-3 hours for it.

Ive downloaded a lot bigger addons in about 30secs from armaholic why is it so slow for jsrs

Because our servers are under such stress! Everyone downloads everything there and thats a lot of people. We have begun to start putting links to all the original mirrors of files on download pages.

Sounds Great LordJarhead. This is a fantastic mod!

Wow you did a very nice job on the SCAR sounds, They have a nice punch/Heavy sound (M4, M16 and AK's need more punch to them).

Also is anyone else hearing static on the ambient sounds ?

Edit. The SCAR reload sound keeps going after the unit is finished reloading (is like 2sec too long)

Edited by Jonn

Can someone help me? I've tried this mod and it's realy amazing but if i use it in a normal battle the game lags a lot. Have I to change some preferences?

Awesome update. A few quick observations:

1. FN-FAL is still stock and sounds out of place.

2. M249 sound seems to drop off very quickly. At times, they seem far away even when standing within 10-20m.

3. Sometimes 40mm grenade explosions play the stock sound (noticed this on a close range hit on a tree and a few other occasions), and there seems to be some inconsistency in volume between the new grenade sounds.

4. Explosions in general need more dynamic range, both with increase in distance and increase in explosive content. The difference between a 40mm grenade (40 grams of high explosive) and a 500 lb. bomb (90,000 grams of high explosive) is too small.

5. I'm also hearing some static in environmental sounds.

Hey Jarhead good soundmod:) but is the impact-explosion from artillery (D30,M119) vanilla ?

Grüße from Saxonia

Downloading the update now :D taking a while but i'm sure its worth it!!

Cheers.

Can you try the mirror ive provided too see what speed your getting please.

Fullspeed on my side..Thx for the Mirror!

Yeah, i started your mirror about 3 minutes after and it over took the other mirror so i used yours.. cheers for that.

After trying some of the new sounds i have to say they are absolutely fantastic!!! Russians,Takistani's U.S... all of their weapons sound great!

there is something that bothers me a bit though... i had a squad of friendlies 100m away from me and their weapons were almost silent... in fact the only way i realised they had enemy contacts was because i saw the tracer fire... i think the distance sound needs a bit of tweaking... apart from that this mod is my personal favourite right now.

I have a serious issue to share. Whenever you add an Apache to the mission. The jsrs_m230.pbo becomes a required addon and even if you remove it from the Mission.Sqm, it is still required, preventing anyone who isnt using the mod to play in the server. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!