What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

BTW I also noticed the heavy gun M249 isn't as solid and as punchy as I would expect given the comparison to other weapons, maybe look at a alternative for that? It could be level, but as I was prone spraying an area I didn't get a feeling I was using a heavy gun.

The M249 is sounding great, I need to test out some more guns that were reworked.
LOL ... you have to love personal pref. :) I didn't read that until after i posted. Maybe the source is good but I just found sonically overall it didn't "feel" like i needed to put earplugs in with ace (if you get me). It was a "thinner" sound as apposed to a broader thicker effect I would expect, then again I maybe completely wrong on what to expect though :)

Also its used now on the Kelly's Heroes server, so its a great place to test it out. the comments on team speak were about the fixed gunner on jeeps, and also a mention of "The incoming hit sounds need to be changed I cant tell where that came from" ... I would assume some right next to your head cracks n snaps and less crunching sounds with bullets hitting floor near you, some more thuds (earthy) and specfic sounds. Incoming ground hits around you still have that 50 cal gunner crunch crash whizz laser zippy thing going on like your being hit next to a metal surface or tank or something. Something more refined with thumps thuds, grass/earth being kicked up, some snaps, cracks and richochet zipps that are more refined with pings that are not like a laser blast. I guess im repeating but that was a comment from other people while playing, so thought I would post it back as feedback.

Edited by mrcash2009

This mod is beyond amazing... if BIS played with this mod, they would be gobsmacked lol

Sound is what makes a war game, bis have failed to see this so far, but thanks to awesome people like LordJarhead, we can have this feature, AND for FREE! Im very grateful indeed. :)

I play with the mod with some huge battles, and my god, distant gun fire sounds beautiful! :D

What we need now is supersonic bullet cracks, and bullet whizzing, when the bullet goes over our head, and it needs to be very loud, not quiet... like a large SNAP sound with each passing bullet.

I hope Jardhead, you can implement this soon, and then, you will have the best sound mod ever invented! :D

The onlu sound im not too keen on is the a10, chammy had this perfect. Its very unique sound. Maybe you could implement this in the future?

Keep up the good work sir! ;)

MrAgentGuy

For the loudness of the super sonic cracks, let's put it this way. When I had a 7.62x54R round pass by my head, it gave me a headache. That's how loud it was.

If it had passed through your head, I imagine the headache would've been even bigger!

(Sorry couldnt resist)

On topic:

Great mod LJH enjoying the combat atmosphere very much!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by TheCrusader

Gotta say this Mod is one of the best I have tried. I agree about the 249 needing some more ...U dunno.. UUUMPFF, I guess is the word. maybe more bassy, think "oh my god this weapon is a beast" type sound.

What we need now is supersonic bullet cracks, and bullet whizzing, when the bullet goes over our head, and it needs to be very loud, not quiet... like a large SNAP sound with each passing bullet.

I agree, the supersonic bullet crack needs some work, also I think some of the weapon sounds are quiet and lack loudness/punch, The M16 and M4 for example sound like a .22, It doesn't sound like you're shooting a 5.56 round.

Still, keep up the good work man :D

The 2A42 when using AP rounds have the same impact sound as the HE rounds.

Also the 2A42's sound is a bit weak compared to the 2A72 in the BMP3, it kind of sounds like a PKM on steroids (the 2A42 that is).

First let me just say wow... you have something going on here. I have many different sound setups/variations/combos I test and the one that I use the most now is just your sounds by itself.

Thanks, you put a lot of time and effort into this and it shows and is much appreciated.

But, if I might add a comment... I also think the M249 needs a little more punch. It happens to be my favorite gun so I'm particular with this one.

And everything else mrcash2009 said I agree with. I tend to end up using the same sound combos he uses as his preferences are about the same as mine... I'll be looking forward to his sound mod list (like the one he did for Arma II) when he's done testing. Thanks to you too mrcash. :)

Thanks at this point for explaining the error. (Was mentioned on VOP-Topic)

And i was searching all the time for a god damn reason... :-(

LordJarhead, you've got some great sounds in the mod, good work.

As mentioned, if you'd like some of my original samples to work from for the M230, supersonic cracks, etc. then just ask - they are good quality samples and authentic.

Also, the fix for the MK.17 CQC playing unsuppressed sounds is quite simple, ensure you include the modes[] = line in your class definition as shown below:

class SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD : SCAR_H_CQC_CCO {
       modes[] = {"SCAR_H_SD_Single", "SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto"};
	class SCAR_H_SD_Single : SCAR_H_Single {
       };

class SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto : SCAR_H_FullAuto {
       };
   };

Protegimus

As mentioned, if you'd like some of my original samples to work from for the M230, supersonic cracks, etc. then just ask - they are good quality samples and authentic.

Now thats an offer not to refuse :)

And everything else mrcash2009 said I agree with. I tend to end up using the same sound combos he uses as his preferences are about the same as mine... I'll be looking forward to his sound mod list (like the one he did for Arma II) when he's done testing. Thanks to you too mrcash.)

Oh my God, mrcash you bitch, you've been sharing it around. I thought we had something special...

LOL ... this is getting weird.

I think that's in reference to a post I made in a mixed config/"Whats the best soundmod" type thread before the PM.

Im no soundmod whore, shame on you :) More of a sound junkie.

Yes, I was referring to that post... ;)

BTW I thought I might add to Jarhead that I switched his incoming sounds with Hifi and just by doing that it made things so much more complete, and in saying that also the incoming sounds and pings of CSM2 are spot on.

So for some kind of point of reference about balance of realism and the currently more arcade'ish type incoming/bullet hit sounds (being polite as I can :) ) ... those are the best reference. Also protegimus I believe was involved and is involved with CSM so a sound source for that area of the mod would be liquid gold :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Love this mod - now I cannot decide between this and ACEX_SM, ah well it;s a nice dilemma.

One request - is it possible to make MY personal weapon quite a bit louder than my squadmates, it's just they seem to be the same volume even when the other guy is firing from 10 metres away. Maybe its an engine limitation, as I've yet to meet a sound mod that really achieved this.

I just want to feel as if the weapon is right in front of my head!

Keep up the *magnificent* work :)

PS, I also think the assault rifles need a touch more brutal treble attack and bass umpfness to them, (aka violence) if that makes sense ;)

Edited by Mandrake5

2514 downloads. Thanks for this everyone.

Ok, i reworked the Soniccracks again. When somebody is shooting you can hear a low distance sound. When the bullet is "zinging" right next to your Head you can hear a loud CRACK, ZING, Knack or what ever^^ a soniccrack even. I used real recorded Cracks and reworked them a bit. When you now under fire you really want to move your ass out of there.

Love this mod - now I cannot decide between this and ACEX_SM, ah well it;s a nice dilemma.

One request - is it possible to make MY personal weapon quite a bit louder than my squadmates, it's just they seem to be the same volume even when the other guy is firing from 10 metres away. Maybe its an engine limitation, as I've yet to meet a sound mod that really achieved this. ;)

No, its not possible, because my sounds are loud and clear, the engine got a bit trouble to play and balance them, because there two times bigger than normal. So i can change the config entry that says how long the range of sound is. Now its somewhere around 2000 or 1800 Meters. When i would change them to, let say, 800 Meter, the man in nearby don't have a loud sound you mentioned anymore. BUT, i losing the Distance effects. So there is one Enemy a Kilometer away from you and shooting on you, you would never hear his gun. If you understanding what i mean.

Maybe i should search google for some one tells me the soundrange of some weapons to be a bit more realistic.

I reworked the Movement a bit with new GearSounds.

Reworked the M249 to be a louder, bigger gun.

Added a T72 Engine Sound. Just for testing. Download Link (I know there are already some nice and thousand times better Vehicle Sound mods than mine. But i just want to share this. If you dont like it just delete the mod.)

Reworked the FFAR Config for testing to reducing the Crashing-factor of Arma2.

Reworked a bit the Bullethits and Bulletby's. I will reworked them more to make them more REALISTIC as some of you want.

Reworked the Ambient Forest sounds and erased this stupid Bird.

Will reworking the MG36 Config, because i think this lags are still there?

So, something i forget? When this all is fixed and YOU think its ok now, i can go on finite and work on this Helicopters and preparing this for RC Version.

Ok, Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

As always thats plenty :)

One more thing regards t72 ... are you talking about the engine or main gunfire sound? becuase (this has only just reminded me) the main gun was lesser than the machine gun turret when the tank was 20 meters away, the guns boom was not so boom! Its as if the sourced sound was ok but it was very low. This wasn't so much distance values as the tank was close, but the main guns boom sounded like a t72 300 meters or more away, yet its onboard machine gun was fine & loud and clear.

As always thats plenty :)

One more thing regards t72 ... are you talking about the engine or main gunfire sound? becuase (this has only just reminded me) the main gun was lesser than the machine gun turret when the tank was 20 meters away, the guns boom was not so boom!

Yeah, because i never changed the Main Turret Sound of the T72 , only for Abrams.

2514 downloads. Thanks for this everyone.

Ok, i reworked the Soniccracks again. When somebody is shooting you can hear a low distance sound. When the bullet is "zinging" right next to your Head you can hear a loud CRACK, ZING, Knack or what ever^^ a soniccrack even. I used real recorded Cracks and reworked them a bit. When you now under fire you really want to move your ass out of there.

I reworked the Movement a bit with new GearSounds.

Reworked the M249 to be a louder, bigger gun.

Reworked the Ambient Forest sounds and erased this stupid Bird.

Jarhead

Are the above named reworks still in the downloadable update? Or is the update just the T72 sound?

I´m very interested in some of the new features like the bird-removing, soniccracks or the M249 sound. And by the way: I really love this addon. imo the best soundmod so far for CO. The explosions sound from distance blows me everytime away.. :) Thx for your great work!!!

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Are the above named reworks still in the downloadable update? Or is the update just the T72 sound?

I´m very interested in some of the new features like the bird-removing or the M249 sound. And by the way: I really love this addon. imo the best soundmod so far for CO. The explosions sound from distance blows me everytime away.. :) Thx for your great work!!!

Thanks so much- No this DL is just for the T72. On Sunday you will get new Update like every Sunday. :D

And after this i will maybe move on to the RC VS 1.0.! :yay:

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Oh i almost forget, maybe you can download on Saturday. Because on Saturday starts the Bundesliga in Germany and than i have no time, so maybe you can get it earlier.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all your hard work you put into this mod! It's my favourite sound mod right now, though I have combined it with TangoRomeo's vehicle sounds and some HiFi sounds (generally those sounds which you haven't modified).

My ArmA2 has never been so immersive before :)