What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Dude,

I didnt bought CO, cuz it was not on the racks yet [when OA is released]

FYI Combine Ops package much worth though.

Since it was my friend recommend me this game duh

I got to buy another set of Arma 2 for it, but im broke now... so need to wait

But pls, do me a favour.. I really appreciate it.

Edited by avengerzx

Tried this out via Kelly's Heroes MP game tonight and it was very nice indeed,

Thoughts:

Scars could do with some more punch & clarity

Incoming round impact sounds as gunfire hits around you seems to sound a bit "tinpan" sounding like no thump to the ground but more metallic hitting, so I would say maybe make those more "earthy" sounding than they are right now.

Maybe some more config leveling with certain distant sounds etc.

Over all this is a great mod, the overall ambiance of distant fire and effects are lovely, explosions & grenades are great.

Realy liking where this is going, great work :)

Edited by mrcash2009

guys i cant seem to download it, both links on armaholic dont work, one says the page cannot be found, and the other has another type of not found error, help?

guys i cant seem to download it, both links on armaholic dont work, one says the page cannot be found, and the other has another type of not found error, help?

Nightrain from the Armaholic staff, a quick read of our homepage should answer this:

And we are back, the DB change went well but the transition of files is still in progress and should be finished somewhere tomorrow.

So, due to the fact our website is being swamped with request for downloads which will bring it on its knees (but still not down) I will be forced to keep the downloads disabled until the FR server is fully up to date.

Sorry about it but our resources are limitted too and the pressure is just to much for one server to handle, just to give you an idea we had nearly 600GB transfer in just the past 24 hours. Imagine what that does, only on one server and during holiday time with even less visits than normally :)

Anyway, I hope you stick with us. We will however post the news about new releases, none of them will be downloadable though. But they will tomorrow.[/QUote]

Edited by Nightrain

Really enjoying this, but missing the punchy snap/crack of bullets passing that I get with vopsound 2.2. Also noticed that the Blackhawk 4000rpm minigun sound is missing, and some assorted "you can't play this mission because blah, blah, blah is missing" messages.

exuse me but your J.S.R.S. Mod (Beta 0.55) at ARMAHolic your download links are broken..

i would really like to download them.

exuse me but your J.S.R.S. Mod (Beta 0.55) at ARMAHolic your download links are broken..

i would really like to download them.

They are not broken! the site was under maintenance last night as a result of a problem, the links were all disabled!

now they are all back online, you should maybe read the front page of ArmaHolic ;)

Ok, Status Report:

I reworked some of the weapons with small fixes. M16 and M249 are on the "new" status. Environment get some random samples. So, when standing in a forest you can here bird flying away or bunny hoping or the tree pushing sounds, in villages you can here doors getting closed or dogs or chickens and so on, nothing new but reworked. Well, i reworked the soniccracks a bit. Worked on the missing sounds at MH60 and AH6j, worked on config on SCAR-SD MK17CCO SD,

REWORKED WHOLE MOVEMENT SOUNDS!!!! OVER 600 SOUNDS!!!! Had to put each single one into my editor to rework.... i think that took 2 or 3 hours away..... but hey, now the volume fits to the rest, BUT, i have to say i reworked them to high realism, that means if you want to hear movement and environment like always you have to turn the volume a bit higher, that means the weapons now extremly louder.... means: Shooting only 10 minutes and i'm felling like someone try to drive a tank on my head. But its now a bit more awesome to me i think, i like it very much like it is now.

But of course i can hear again: Oh, its to low, bla here, bla there :D Hey, don't take this wrong, was joking.

Oh and Armaholic servers working fine again! Just an maintenance thing!

So, New m16, m249, new environment sfx, new movement volume, new environment volume, some config stuff, new head-pain-sound-volume^^ OK, its not as terrible i said, but ..... you will see for yourself.

Ok,

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

EXCELLENT mate .... thanks for all the work you are putting in here ..... it is REALLY appreciated.

Yah, thanks, but i'm really sry for the damn long wait for you until i fix this all and uploading the new version again......

So, sryyyyyyyyyyy =(

anyway, thanks so far^^

Jarhead

Your sounds are awesome, LJ, they really are =) Played with them a bit more this afternoon and I can't tell you how many times I smiled in amazement at the soundscape. Great work! Once the volume levels are tweaked a bit, it'll be even better!

Your sounds are awesome, LJ, they really are =) Played with them a bit more this afternoon and I can't tell you how many times I smiled in amazement at the soundscape. Great work! Once the volume levels are tweaked a bit, it'll be even better!

Thank youuuuuuuu :yay:

..the weapons now extremly louder.... means: Shooting only 10 minutes and i'm felling like someone try to drive a tank on my head. But its now a bit more awesome to me i think, i like it very much like it is now.

thanks very much! :bounce3:

Really amazing work on your sounds Jarhead, I'm loving using this mod. If I may put forward 1 little request...is it possible that you include some sounds for weapons not in vanilla (such as some of the guns added in ACE)?

The one that comes to my mind is the HK416. Playing today, I had guys with M4s, SCARs etc on my team and one with an HK416. Everything sounded amazing - until the 416 guy fired. The vanilla sounds were bad enough before, but next to the awesomeness of this mod, it really sounds out of place imo. So maybe you could have a separate folder like "JSRS-ACE" for replacing some of those sounds. I think there are some others, like various AKs, but the main issue is the HK416 for me at least :p

I'd really appreciate if you could do this at some point, because it would be awesome to have all the guns covered by these sounds :thumbsup:

Keep going man!

Really amazing work on your sounds Jarhead, I'm loving using this mod. If I may put forward 1 little request...is it possible that you include some sounds for weapons not in vanilla (such as some of the guns added in ACE)?

The one that comes to my mind is the HK416. Playing today, I had guys with M4s, SCARs etc on my team and one with an HK416. Everything sounded amazing - until the 416 guy fired. The vanilla sounds were bad enough before, but next to the awesomeness of this mod, it really sounds out of place imo. So maybe you could have a separate folder like "JSRS-ACE" for replacing some of those sounds. I think there are some others, like various AKs, but the main issue is the HK416 for me at least :p

I'd really appreciate if you could do this at some point, because it would be awesome to have all the guns covered by these sounds :thumbsup:

Keep going man!

I knew this day would come someday! At some point, would anyone anywhere ask for ACE Covering . And lo and behold, there it is. To be honest, the first mod, War09mod, which was already planned for Arma1, was in the first phase planned in full on ACE. States: All weapons of the ACE mod were covered, the M14 and all HK rifles as well. So I have some sound stuff ready and they could quickly edit and put on JSRS level.

The problem, I will have again, are all the Configthings . And I can not concentrate on that in the moment. If JSRS firstonce runs properly, it is clear to me: I need to cover ACE at least.

Until then, however, still be a little time.

So i hope you can wait.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Armaholics says Beta .55 .. assume that's still the latest version...just that numbers haven't changed.

I knew this day would come someday! At some point, would anyone anywhere ask for ACE Covering . And lo and behold, there it is. To be honest, the first mod, War09mod, which was already planned for Arma1, was in the first phase planned in full on ACE. States: All weapons of the ACE mod were covered, the M14 and all HK rifles as well. So I have some sound stuff ready and they could quickly edit and put on JSRS level.

The problem, I will have again, are all the Configthings . And I can not concentrate on that in the moment. If JSRS firstonce runs properly, it is clear to me: I need to cover ACE at least.

Until then, however, still be a little time.

So i hope you can wait.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Heh, sorry I had to :o

No rush whatsoever, just throwing ideas out there.

hey i LOVE this mod, GREAt job man, the combat sounds so real now. is there a way for us to personally edit slighty the volume levels of individual weapons?

Nah ACE have ACE_SM to use. I agree that this soundmod needs to be totally amazing before you even consider it :)