What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Guys I think the creator needs some time.

It's his mod and by the looks of it you are, maybe without you even knowing, forcing him to use these sounds instead of the ones he wants.

Try suggesting it more than ordering him to use it.

not trying to sound hostile here ;)

I've noticed that mod makers don't always follow my unsolicited instructions. I'll have to do something about that. ;)

I've noticed that mod makers don't always follow my unsolicited instructions. I'll have to do something about that. ;)

I hope you know what I mean?

Erm, I think your forgetting something ^^

I can use every help i can get. Would be nice to have some more sources.

Im sure if he was too peed with us guys he can open his own mouth and say so! lets get back to the topic shall we? :cool:

If you can do a more real life sound fx mod, please do it!

Is not bad, but I preffer realistic sounds FX. just my opinion

I second that!

and also

I second that!

Well you two know what you can go and do then cant you? GTFO!!!

cause this guy is trying his best, remember its his first mod! and for a first mod its great!

if you want something better then go and make it yourselfs!

how about giving the guy some support and let him think what he has done so far is awesome compared to telling him to make it more realistic?

You Tarts! ... :cool:

As mentioned before ITS A BETA!

Constructive criticism is welcome but give him a break. At the end of the day you can either make your own or don't use it. I'm sure your hearts are in the right place but sometimes it is better to hold your tongue.

and also

cause this guy is trying his best, remember its his first mod! and for a first mod its great!

how about giving the guy some support and let him think what he has done so far is awesome compared to telling him to make it more realistic?

wow hey..calm down..this was ment good!

I can't make a soundmod that's why i'm telling my opinion.

I really appreciate what he's doing.

Seriousely calm down.:butbut:

Kremator is right but i'm not the only one here who's in fault.

Now let' get this back ontopic shall we?

Hey mate! found some nice ones for you, here is the Huey UH-1 also, im going to try and make this a replacement sound for the Chinook, unless you want to do it? im more in to making islands and mods! but sounds isnt my thing, lol... listen to this baby for the Chinook CH-47 and you will LOVE IT!!!! haha... its what we need man! really hope you can do this Chinook one.

Also, Helicopter fade away! and Blackhawk flyby. heres another landing of Huey UH-1 I know your Apache sounds are great, but here is something for you anyway Apache Sounds! heres a Helicopter starting and some stereo chopper sounds in the distance. Hovering chopper sound.

More: Bullet swish. and this is a really really good chopper sound coming in from the distance here!

Jet sounds: One! from a f16 i beleive. and Two! from an f18. Random1 and here is a GAU-12

Anyways, maybe you dont need all that! but just trying to help you out with more info and examples! do do do please try to make that chinook sound though! haha..

LoL ... and something special you need to hear this! maybe you can get something from it, haha.... Here!

Thanks mate. Have to make a account there man^^ Some of the sounds there are amazing.

Thanks mate.

Guys I think the creator needs some time.

It's his mod and by the looks of it you are, maybe without you even knowing, forcing him to use these sounds instead of the ones he wants.

Try suggesting it more than ordering him to use it.

not trying to sound hostile here ;)

:D Just let me some Time. I have a really big problem with the I-net-connection because the fucking "telecom" tells me i was canceled my contract with them. But i didn't. Stupid Mother*****, what ever. :P

So guys. Thanks for all the nice Helicopter Sources and so on. But first i want to fix the problems, make some morter explosions, and get this mod to run how it should be. AFTER THIS i can and want to work on the Helicopters.

After all, i'm getting to make a realism mod. With authentic sounds, of weapons and so on. But this is far far ago .... i want first finish this one here...

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS:

"For ease of use, put this folder on the root of your C:\ drive...

Open a Command Prompt/DOS window and navigate to...

C:\DSUtils\

Type...

dscreatekey.exe jarr

... and hit Enter

This will create 2 files in that folder:

a key - 'jarr.bikey'

and a privateKey - 'jarr.biprivatekey'."

This don't work. I do this but there are no 'jsrs.bikey' or 'jsrs.biprivatekey'. I open the Command Prompt/DOS window, go to C:\DSU\DSCreateKey.exe, than i add jsrs. So it looks like this:

" C:\Users\Dennis>C:\DSU\DSCreateKey.exe jsrs " Than i press enter, but nothing....

Anyone can help, maybe explain me this in German, so i get this?^^

Edited by LordJarhead

This don't work. I do this but there are no 'jsrs.bikey' or 'jsrs.biprivatekey'. I open the Command Prompt/DOS window, go to C:\DSU\DSCreateKey.exe, than i add jsrs. So it looks like this:

" C:\Users\Dennis>C:\DSU\DSCreateKey.exe jsrs " Than i press enter, but nothing....

Hey mate, you dont need .exe in there, just type>> dscreatekey jsrs

That should do it! :p

And just a question, how would I start on a sound mod? what do i need? as i wanna make a replacement sound, how to open a wss file?

what software is good for making a sound mod?

Edited by DarkXess

Hey mate, you dont need .exe in there, just type>> dscreatekey jsrs

That should do it! :p

And just a question, how would I start on a sound mod? what do i need? as i wanna make a replacement sound.

I dont no, i started with the sounds. I maked some sounds, looks to wich weapon it fit best. Than edited the config, the entrys and so on.

For sound editing i using Acousitca 4.1 Premium. For Editing Configs i used Laza some time ago, now i do it with normal Notepad.

WSSUtilizer to make wav to wss. PboView to unpack pbo's. For packing i use cpbo.exe from a toolpackage i was getting from HiFi.

Anyway, still don't work for me, with or without .exe.

You're running it correctly but appear (from the prompt) to be running it from a directory other than the one the exe is in, this will work but it will create the two files in the directory you're calling from (in the above case C:\Users\Dennis). If they're not there I'd guess it's a UAC permissions problem, try running your command prompt as Administrator.

I dont no, i started with the sounds. I maked some sounds, looks to wich weapon it fit best. Than edited the config, the entrys and so on.

For sound editing i using Acousitca 4.1 Premium. For Editing Configs i used Laza some time ago, now i do it with normal Notepad.

WSSUtilizer to make wav to wss. PboView to unpack pbo's. For packing i use cpbo.exe from a toolpackage i was getting from HiFi.

Anyway, still don't work for me, with or without .exe.

Ok, thanks for the info! ... ill send you the key in a moment on PM ok? then you do the rest from there! ill still help if needed

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ok, keys created and sent! now you can sign your addon!

Dont forget, do not give anyone else the private key! :D

Ok, thanks for the info! ... ill send you the key in a moment on PM ok? then you do the rest from there! ill still help if needed

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ok, keys created and sent! now you can sign your addon!

Dont forget, do not give anyone else the private key! :D

Well, thanks mate, Sigs are done so far. I have to make this for all pbo's? also the _c.pbo too??? its just configs!

Thanks mate.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

You're running it correctly but appear (from the prompt) to be running it from a directory other than the one the exe is in, this will work but it will create the two files in the directory you're calling from (in the above case C:\Users\Dennis). If they're not there I'd guess it's a UAC permissions problem, try running your command prompt as Administrator.

LOOOOL, i'm stupid as hell! Thanks, found them niow. Fu**

Well, thanks mate, Sigs are done so far. I have to make this for all pbo's? also the _c.pbo too??? its just configs!

Yup, all .pbos.

Regards,

TB

Thanks mate.

To be honest mate, ive only ever worked with making islands! lol... and that is just 1 pbo. But how do you binarize it all? all as 1 pack? or 1 by 1?

cause when i do it, i just go to >> Options/Path to signature file/back to the main pbo option box/tick on create signature/then binarize it all together.

You will get the hang of it! no worries.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Hey mate, been trying out these tools, and when I use WSSUtilizer it packs the sound file to .wss format! but its 0kb! lol ... nothing inside of it! why? how to pack it etc properly? Im just playing around with it for now, I know how to do configs etc, but this im not sure.

Thanks

Edited by DarkXess

Here's a tip, you can use Yoma's AddonSync to sign a bunch of files with just a few clicks.

You must configure the paths to the signing utils in advanced settings and enable upload.

Then you create a new server and in the upload tab you can load your mod and sign all pbos.

Here's a tip, you can use Yoma's AddonSync to sign a bunch of files with just a few clicks.

You must configure the paths to the signing utils in advanced settings and enable upload.

Then you create a new server and in the upload tab you can load your mod and sign all pbos.

Yeah, and make life for everyone difficult! Yoma, Sixupdater, are all good programs, but so bloody difficult for most people,

id say just stick to your own ways of doing it. :rolleyes:

Besides, JSRS is signed now, and I take it on the next update with many new fixes he will release it with the keys!

Sorry if I wasn't so clear, my post was directed towards LJ. Of course it doesn't apply if you have just one .pbo to sign.

But try manually signing 200+ files then try the method I described and see which one is more productive. Not saying this is the best way, one can create a batch file or use other tools. Plus, I only suggested AddonSync for signing not for distribution so I don't see how that would make anybody's life difficult.

Edited by Robalo_AS

and also

Wow! sry I didnt say this mod is bad, I just give my opinion, I dont have the time an resources to make a complete sound mod. Sry! It wasnt my intention to offend your boy friend, darling

Edit: sry to the trhead started, but, who the fuck is this guy?

If you read some post of the modmaker, he mentions that he would make a more realistic sound addon in the future if he got time. Thats why I give him a support to do that. so, YOU STFU!!

Edited by SpetS15

Wow! sry I didnt say this mod is bad, I just give my opinion, I dont have the time an resources to make a complete sound mod. Sry! It wasnt my intention to offend your boy friend, darling

Edit: sry to the trhead started, but, who the fuck is this guy?

If you read some post of the modmaker, he mentions that he would make a more realistic sound addon in the future if he got time. Thats why I give him a support to do that. so, YOU STFU!!

SpetS15, this isnt a thread to flame each other, so just drop it already! I was just pointing out, as the way you guys said it wasnt put it right! so dont go saying "boy friend" "darling" or "stfu" I had a right, you dont! as if you read your pure text, its out of order! .. Dont bother replying to this, as this has nothing to do with this mod!

So... good day to you! :j:

Excluding the bird names used here and there... What about letting a kind of constructive criticism getting established.

The man behind the MOD needs opinions to further develop the MOD in a decent way as he seems he wants to take people's opinions into account for future enhancements. Therefore, let the suggestions get established in a civilized manner.

Regards,

TB

nice sound effects

I give 9/10 for it.

But just a question

It is for CO or OA Only?