What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

The only reason im saying is because for most of my time as a player of ArmA2 and other war games etc involving the A10 GAU8 is that the sound!!! its famous... LOL

Dont take it to heart mate! the rest is really well done! just get it more to life like your Apache! its a god sound from there! lol...

Haha goodness, no! Sorry about all the fuss - the GAU8 just a minor part of something much larger, of course. All I'm saying is, it seems to be working for me - we are having a coop right now, but I will try to find some time to make a video of it. Thanks :)

That would be nice mate, corze my arma2oa works not so good with fraps.... and to see some videos of real multiplayer action would be nice to show everyone they not sure to download this mod.

Mhm, I guess there are enough Videos now!^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

EDIT* Ok, M4's are reworked now, no clicking anymore (or not so loud anymore) and o have a new Gau8B sound, now its lifelike and should match in most of your opinion i guess.

So i guess this i my first update so far^^ Thanks to the HiFi sys you can choose for your self of using the new Gau or the old one.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

i love the mod, however , the m2 .50 sounds like a toy...

see

for proper sound

Agreed the M2 is a bit feeble :)

Coop is finished, and I just wanted to let you know, LordJarhead, it was a blast! Four of us used your mod - no problems, just an occasional "wow these sounds are great" - I taped the whole mission and I will edit and publish the video. Contact me in ICQ/MSN or Steam (check my profile) if you'd like to have the raw footage.

FFARs just crashed my OA, also, plz do not change the firing modes on the A10, when i want to change that, i do not use a sound mod.

First of all i have to say, since i uploaded the last video everyone have a problem with this Gau8B. I never looked a video, never took a look on the real one or so like i did at all the other weapons (especially the m230 from the apache!). This i just my own sound, i never tried to make it like the real-life-one. But i can do this soon, i promise!

Man, never thought this thing brings me in such a damn trouble^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Its YOUR sound mod mate... you are the one who spent the time putting it all together, If YOU like the sounds then please do not change them for anyone other than yourself mate.

The great thing about this mod is if you dislike a certain sound you can remove it by simply deleting the pbo. i've replaced the A-10 sounds with the ones from Chammy's sound mod and now i have the perfect sound for my ARMA2/OA experience in my opinion. :)

cheers.

i'am getting no sound or recoil from the m16a4:butbut:

Weird, i check this, i guess its just config trouble.

That with the FFAR, yah i talked about that with MarkXIII. The A10-Config maybe crash in a mission or so- I'm on it!

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Its YOUR sound mod mate... you are the one who spent the time putting it all together, If YOU like the sounds then please do not change them for anyone other than yourself mate.

The great thing about this mod is if you dislike a certain sound you can remove it by simply deleting the pbo. i've replaced the A-10 sounds with the ones from Chammy's sound mod and now i have the perfect sound for my ARMA2/OA experience in my opinion. :)

cheers.

That is was i trying to say. Don't like it? Than delete it!^^ Its that easy.

Thanks^^

This is the most amazing sound mod ever made! :O

Only things I dont like are the M16's and M249. Need more power.

nice sound :d downloading and....this compatible with acex_sm ?

Don't know, never tested with other sm's. Test it by yourself. Principally it should be compatible with all other addons. But don't know how compatible with other sm's.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead.

Hey Enad, you know the M16 since the first Video, and now you come up with that :D

I see what i can do^^

This is the most amazing sound mod ever made! :O

Only things I dont like are the M16's and M249. Need more power.

yep, and m240 :D

Lol, added to the longest list of things to do!^^

First Update:

Here some things i already fixed:

Fixes:

1. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_supersonic\crack_close.wss

2. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_supersonic\crack_near.wss

3. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\wood\walk.wss' (1-8)

4. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\wood\run.wss' (1-8)

5. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_movement\wood\walk.wss' (1-8)

6. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_supersonic\bullet_by.wss' (1-8)

7. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ah6j\ex_low.wss

8. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\bolt.wss

9. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_supersonic\hits\hit_foliage_05.wss

10. Fixed - Cannot load sound 'jsrs_supersonic\hits\hit_metalplate_03.wss

Reworked:

1. Reworked M4a3 Sounds

2. Reworked M4AIM Sounds

3. Reworked M4RCO Sounds

4. Reworked Gau8B (to be more Lifelike :D)

To Do List:

1. To Do Movement - Too Loud

2. To Do Environment - Some Night Sounds Too Loud

3. To Do Signature - To play the Game how it should be

4. To Do Waiting for more trouble^^

5. To Do M16, M249 and M240 more power

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

PS: Uploading the Updated files as soon as possible!

Edited by LordJarhead

OK SO i tested it and its great DO NOT CHANGE THE APACHE GUN its the best sound i ever heard. make maybe the apache engine louder the t55 have also a good engine sound. improve a bit the abrams engine sound the PKM, and main gun of BTR a bit more powerfull (

) also NOT change LAV 25, bradley gun sound.

Also let the AGS as it is. The mk19 is ok but the fire sound must be more like flup when it shots the shell sound is also perfect. =)

The M2 also let it just make i more powerful when you close to the gun same for BMP 3 main.

The YAkB 127 sounds are ok but a bit more like fast gatling should it me sry cant found an expamle =/

here for SAW

and a problem i found not always the sound of the M134 the minigun appers

Edited by Konrad1

Can you check the tank cannon sounds too mate? i had a tank battle earlier and i noticed that the main cannon is very quiet... even some hand guns sound louder.. also if you play in first person view inside a tank you can have a friendly tank fire right next to you and you will hardly hear a thing.

Cheers.

This sounds great, i cant believe what i hear !!! Thanks for all the time you have put into this. Downloading now....will give feedback ASAP :yay::yay::yay::yay: max 5 bannanas :yay:

edit:

Ive put all files of all 4 folders in 1 and started the game :

on missionstart mssg: You cannot play edit this mission it depends on dl content....jsrs_m230

but the missions starts fine and sound works !

Edited by larsiano
error report

Great sound mod, but I run into some major problems. I get a "Addon 'JSRS_AH64E' requires addon 'CAAir_E" at startup and "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgTalkTopics.Core_E'." at the menu.

The big issue is when I start a game, die, and want to load a save, I get an error message telling me I can't play/edit the mission because its dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: caair_e, ca_e, cacharacters_e_head.

I'm using vanilla A2 without OA and have tried using no mods besides JSRS and CBA so mod conflicts aren't the issue.

Besides these issues, this is the best sound mod I've heard, no doubt switching over from CSM2 if I can get everything working again.

Now, I got two hours of sleep left, so I really should go (part II, III and IV will have to wait) - but I'll just leave this here for now:

Thanks @Jearhead, impressive work:pc:, downloading now.

@batuo, I think this mod it's for OA only.

Edited by gulag

I noticed you didnt have the bug with door gunners and mini guns on your list to fix.

The door gunner bug is you cant hear your door gun from inside the chopper just quietly because the sound is coming from outside, hard to explain maybe someone can test this too to see if its not just my copy.

And the mini-gun bug seems to have no 4000rpm sound file for door gunners and configs all messed up for the fire modes in the little bird.

Cheers Lord!

you wouldn't really fire one of those without ear protection, and plus they're crew of an aircraft, so you'd think they would be wearing helicopter pilot headsets

but that's just me, I'm fine with it either way.

another thing, the M16A2 sounds really weak, needs more 'bang'.

OK SO i tested it and its great DO NOT CHANGE THE APACHE GUN its the best sound i ever heard. make maybe the apache engine louder the t55 have also a good engine sound. improve a bit the abrams engine sound

Hi,

sry i dont get it: I never changed T55 and abrams engine mate^^ this is Bis Work. My work is only Heli-Engines and Whole Vehicle Guns. Rest you said: Noted! ;)

Can you check the tank cannon sounds too mate? i had a tank battle earlier and i noticed that the main cannon is very quiet... even some hand guns sound louder.. also if you play in first person view inside a tank you can have a friendly tank fire right next to you and you will hardly hear a thing.

Cheers.

On it! :)

Ive put all files of all 4 folders in 1 and started the game : on missionstart mssg: You cannot play edit this mission it depends on dl content....jsrs_m230

but the missions starts fine and sound works !

Weird! I check this!

Great sound mod, but I run into some major problems. I get a "Addon 'JSRS_AH64E' requires addon 'CAAir_E" at startup and "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgTalkTopics.Core_E'." at the menu.

The big issue is when I start a game, die, and want to load a save, I get an error message telling me I can't play/edit the mission because its dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: caair_e, ca_e, cacharacters_e_head.

I'm using vanilla A2 without OA and have tried using no mods besides JSRS and CBA so mod conflicts aren't the issue.

Besides these issues, this is the best sound mod I've heard, no doubt switching over from CSM2 if I can get everything working again.

I guess its because this little Patch from Bis with the Apache Addons Campaing! I have installed this and ONE of the two AH64 is based on this Patch! Just delete the AH64.pbo and it should work again! The Ah64_E is for OA Expansion.

Now, I got two hours of sleep left, so I really should go (part II, III and IV will have to wait) - but I'll just leave this here for now:

Awesome Mate, thanks! Take a look everyone. If its no problem for you when i linking this Video on the first Site again?

Thanks @Jearhead, impressive work:pc:, downloading now.

@batuo, I think this mod it's for OA only.

Arma2 with OA Expansion. Not OA Standalone. This is not tested yet.

I noticed you didnt have the bug with door gunners and mini guns on your list to fix.

The door gunner bug is you cant hear your door gun from inside the chopper just quietly because the sound is coming from outside, hard to explain maybe someone can test this too to see if its not just my copy.

And the mini-gun bug seems to have no 4000rpm sound file for door gunners and configs all messed up for the fire modes in the little bird.

Cheers Lord!

Yah Mate, i have Noted it. Its just hard to remember all the things there are to do!^^ Its just a config thing maybe. I dont want to make the Gun sounds too loud. Thanks anyway!

another thing' date=' the M16A2 sounds really weak, needs more 'bang'.[/quote']

Already in the To Do list mate ;)

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey mate, just one thing Id love to ask for... if you dont mind^^ lol.

NO SOUND MOD has ever been able to make a grenade explode the way its sopposed to be!

even the original bis sounds is like a kids toy making a sound! lol... Any chance you can make it that much better with violence/loudness/dangerness!!! do remember these things

do go with a bang, even your wearing ear plugs you can still hear one almighty bang!

Would love to see it more life like! and this isnt your mod thats got it wrong, every sound mod hasnt ever got it right so far.

DarkXess

Really good sound mod ! except for the m16 ((I know it's already have been reported))

You done a really nice job Jarhead !