What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Asking for signature files is wrong?

No, of course not. However, demanding them in a childish manner like you did is.

No, of course not. However, demanding them in a childish manner like you did is.

Exclaimation marks are childish? You should study English.

Anyway, I'm done replying to you.

Will test this sound mod when bisign files are released.

Quit being an arse for the sake of it. It is boring me. See forum rule No.5.

Anyway, back on topic. Jarhead, creating the bisigns shouldn't be too hard. The only problem you may encounter is with DSCreatekey or whatever it is called. Getting that to work first time was a pain for me too! That will create a masterkey of sorts which enables you to "sign" files through BinPBO, which you will need to do this with. It will output a .pbo and a .bisign file, both of which belong in the addons folder of your mod.

When you create the masterkey, it will also create a .bikey file, which needs to be distributed with your mod to allow server admins to allow your mod through the checking process.

Edited by Hellfire257

Finally Chammy has some serious competition with this SM Jarhead. Well done buddy.

Mortar and Arty hit sounds could do with more violent/louder sound effects imo.

I might have some nice sound effects for your mod, Jarhead if you are interested PM me.

Hope that helps - thanks again, LordJarhead!

I have to thank you! ;)

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

you Jarhead are my new GOD!

Awesome. Thanks :D

Been using other sound mod up till now.. This is great stuff mate! Testing as we speak.. :)

Congratulations on your release my friend, Well done !

Thanks Mate! Without you we wouldn't be here and talk about that! :yay:

For all the other: All problems you have are noted. I going to work on that as soon as possible, especially that sig thing :o^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

gave it a brief test and mate..i'm impressed.

I'm always looking for realism and so far not much sounds where that realistic, until now.

You've done a great job.

A little remark, the littlebird should sound a little more like this:

_qgrtdh1ob0&feature=related

but hey that's just my opinion.

Anyway keep up the awesome work you're doing!

Ok mate, first id like to say well done on your release.

Second, the low down on the past hour of testing or so.

Anyways, a few bugs here and there, mainly minigun 4000rpm (no sound at all)

and also when loading the game in vanilla just with cba running i get an error saying missing "JSRS_AH64E" requires addon "CAAir_E". when in to the game "main menu" I get another, dunno if this is from your mod as ive never had it before and its weird, not sounding like yours! but ill tell you anyway. (No entry "bin\config.bin/Cfg.TalkTopics.Core_E") remember, this is running only on vanilla with CBA.

Ok, now when running the mod, a lot of stuff is cool! specially environment sounds! .. also sonic cracks, weapon sounds are great!

Now as above which i liked, I have got to admit, the A10 Gau weapon sounds are shite* ... lol sorry mate, but its just nothing at all like the Gau! please remember, I am not flaming you here, I am giving you actual constructive feedback so don't take it wrongly!

Back on topic, the chopper sounds are not great! they need more work on, specially more hard/violent/loud engine sounds!

Its also what's missing from the explosive sounds, Violent/loud blasts etc...

Another thing is the actual "Movement sounds" they are well too loud! but good, just too loud.

More violent/loud blasts with rage! lol... and that gau sounding more like a mean killing machine than now and you will have it.

Apart from that, great mod! please no hard feelings, just remember that its also in beta, and feedback is most vital.

Edit: used all other sound mods too, so been though them all for various stints etc. :cool:

Darkxess, I don't quite agree with your opinion on the GAU8 - have you checked the sound from the exterior? He added an external "echoing roar" for the Avenger - you can hear it when either witnessing an A10 strafing run from the ground or, a bit easier to test, while shooting the main gun and switching to 3rd person (turn the camera to the front of the plane) - I do hope he doesn't change anything there! Can't get much more "killing machine"-like, for my taste! That guy has some amazing talent! :-D

I think the movement sound is just fine... but i agree that Artillery and Mortars could do with some work in future... maybe an incoming sound from the shell? most sounds in this mod are spot on though... i love the Lee Enfield rifle and its good to finally have a decent sound for it :) apart from the AK-74 reload sound and the very loud click noise that one of the US Army weapons makes... i love the mod. top job mate.

Ok mate, first id like to say well done on your release.

Second, the low down on the past hour of testing or so.

Anyways, a few bugs here and there, mainly minigun 4000rpm (no sound at all)

and also when loading the game in vanilla just with cba running i get an error saying missing "JSRS_AH64E" requires addon "CAAir_E". when in to the game "main menu" I get another, dunno if this is from your mod as ive never had it before and its weird, not sounding like yours! but ill tell you anyway. (No entry "bin\config.bin/Cfg.TalkTopics.Core_E") remember, this is running only on vanilla with CBA.

Ok, now when running the mod, a lot of stuff is cool! specially environment sounds! .. also sonic cracks, weapon sounds are great!

Now as above which i liked, I have got to admit, the A10 Gau weapon sounds are shite* ... lol sorry mate, but its just nothing at all like the Gau! please remember, I am not flaming you here, I am giving you actual constructive feedback so don't take it wrongly!

Back on topic, the chopper sounds are not great! they need more work on, specially more hard/violent/loud engine sounds!

Its also what's missing from the explosive sounds, Violent/loud blasts etc...

Another thing is the actual "Movement sounds" they are well too loud! but good, just too loud.

More violent/loud blasts with rage! lol... and that gau sounding more like a mean killing machine than now and you will have it.

Apart from that, great mod! please no hard feelings, just remember that its also in beta, and feedback is most vital.

Edit: used all other sound mods too, so been though them all for various stints etc. :cool:

woh... first: Thanks for your feedback! I don't take it wrongly! Its that feedback i have aspected!

So, i have a weird feeling about what you said about the helicopters! I thought they are great, in my opinion i love them. But its seems to be not so good... But thanks, i take a look on them and my rework some of them. But not the AH64, i love them, couldn't do that :D

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Best Sound MOD so far. All these crack'n booms give me the creeps... You feel being in a real firefight.

My only grip is about the Abrams 7.62mm machine gun, it doesn't sound loud enough.

Get the fixes done and this MOD will become a real must have.

Regards,

TB

Quit being an arse for the sake of it. It is boring me. See forum rule No.5.

Funny that Hellfire, I don't recall you being a moderator. I was simply attempting to point out that someone's manner was a little aggressive, I don't see why you need to use that as an opportunity to vent some little grudge you have.

Back on topic, I like what I'm hearing from this soundmod. There are some really quite good echoes present, and some of the rifles have a really good kick to them. The Apache sounds are especially impressive, they really fit the helicopter. The explosions are good, especially the distant ones, they seem very nice. And of course, seeing as no sound mod is complete without it, the GAU-8 is very well done too. Nice to see a modular format too, it's a good idea in sound-modding. Good work LordJarhead and MarkXIII! :)

Darkxess, I don't quite agree with your opinion on the GAU8
Ive just went over and over it again and again, with straff after straff, even me watching the straffs and me doing the straffs! that GAU8 isnt good! ACE2 Have got it just about right! though still not perfect!

Anyways, Jarhead I must say im sorry as I said choppers, and yes your right about the Apache, all I can say about that is WOW!!! really ive just liturally been watching it flying and strathing bad guys on the runway! and all I can say is its damn perfect! love the cannon sounds, and choppers sounds too! missiles I must say are not perfect, like i said before, explosive booms etc need more loudness and violence too them. Other choppers saying that though are nothing like the Apache, I feel like the Apache is a prize of yours! that you have spent more time on than any of the others! lol :D

Anyways, great work! and yes im going to agree with others, its an awesome mod! with its TINY problems at the moment, but as we all know... its BETA! so good look on your future releases, ill be sure using it with my gaming!

DarkXess ;)

Just a note to add on the enviromental sounds.. Was firing an M16 in heavy rain and could only just hear the rifle above the sound of the rain.. just think its a bit too high mate, and by the way it was 'heavy' rain not drizzle.. :)

Funny that Hellfire, I don't recall you being a moderator. I was simply attempting to point out that someone's manner was a little aggressive, I don't see why you need to use that as an opportunity to vent some little grudge you have.

This isnt a topic to flame! just stop now and get on with the topic, instead of leaving stupid remarks! -Over-

the GAU-8 is very well done too. Nice to see a modular format too, it's a good idea in sound-modding. Good work LordJarhead and MarkXIII! :)

Listen the sound mod of Ace2! im not saying theirs is great, but its much better to life like! listen to other sounds on YouTube also, the GAU8 is not right on this mod! lol dunno why everyone is disagreeing with me! honestly you cant compliment someone on causes because he has done a good job! YES he has done a very very good job! but... improvements are needed! and you guys should leave critical feedback aswell as possitive!

How do you get better thinking nothing is wrong?

Its all im saying, listen to more A10 GAU8 sounds then you will see! ITS A FAMOUS SOUND and terrorises the enemy all over the world! and this is not it! sorry. :j:

Listen the sound mod of Ace2! im not saying theirs is great, but its much better to life like! listen to other sounds on YouTube also, the GAU8 is not right on this mod! lol dunno why everyone is disagreeing with me! honestly you cant compliment someone on causes because he has done a good job! YES he has done a very very good job! but... improvements are needed! and you guys should leave critical feedback aswell as possitive!

How do you get better thinking nothing is wrong?

Its all im saying, listen to more A10 GAU8 sounds then you will see! ITS A FAMOUS SOUND and terrorises the enemy all over the world! and this is not it! sorry. :j:

Mate, it's called having an opinion. You don't like the GAU-8 sound, which is fine. You've also done the right thing and left constructive criticism about it, which is nice to see. But you can't just expect me to agree with you because you've told me to. It doesn't work like that.

Darkxess, I know what you mean - I absolutely see your point but for me the exact effect is being achieved when listening to the GAU8 from the ground while this thing is flying towards me - that's what I tried to say :)

I do agree with your other remarks at any rate and there's no doubt your input is valuable!

Mate, it's called having an opinion. You don't like the GAU-8 sound, which is fine. You've also done the right thing and left constructive criticism about it, which is nice to see. But you can't just expect me to agree with you because you've told me to. It doesn't work like that.

LoL I didnt mean it like that, anyways forget it! ...

Darkxess, I know what you mean - I absolutely see your point but for me the exact effect is being achieved when listening to the GAU8 from the ground while this thing is flying towards me - that's what I tried to say :)

I do agree with your other remarks at any rate and there's no doubt your input is valuable!

I listened to what you said, and put up alot of strathing waypoints over me! and listened and listened! but still no... It could just be my point or whatever of hearing it! but from all the directions i heard it from, its not right! LoL this is getting into a debate now! haha... oh well, lets just leave it at this and wait for more future releases! :p

First of all i have to say, since i uploaded the last video everyone have a problem with this Gau8B. I never looked a video, never took a look on the real one or so like i did at all the other weapons (especially the m230 from the apache!). This i just my own sound, i never tried to make it like the real-life-one. But i can do this soon, i promise!

Man, never thought this thing brings me in such a damn trouble^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Haha goodness, no! Sorry about all the fuss - the GAU8 just a minor part of something much larger, of course. All I'm saying is, it seems to be working for me - we are having a coop right now, but I will try to find some time to make a video of it. Thanks :)