What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

@Soldia:

Today? All the best mate :)

I say... Sunday would be THE day, when nothings interrupt. :)

LJ

Nope, not today... but if you gonna release it on sunday it would be really THE day ;)

Nope, not today... but if you gonna release it on sunday it would be really THE day ;)

Hehe, I'll do my best!

LJ

Same here. JSRS 1.5 sounds like a nice gift. :)

It's good news!:D

So i have a one question.

Will the release be on Sunday UTC midnight?

It's good news!:D

So i have a one question.

Will the release be on Sunday UTC midnight?

It will be released.....when it will be released. ;) Let's not keep hounding for exact down to the very molecular-sized details, folks. Just be patient. We're getting there.

so, i'm going bed, when i do awake, i wanna see jsrs 1.5 uploaded and released already! :p

so, i'm going bed, when i do awake, i wanna see jsrs 1.5 uploaded and released already! :p

You wanna sleep 30 hours? Respect.

A good Reason to get back into ArmA again.. ^^

Thanks for the Info. Really excited now.

Please! Stop posting senseless posts about "I wanna see jsrs released already", every time this thread pops up as 'updated' my heatbeat skips a little in anticipation it is out already, only to see a post just like mine ;-D

I can fully understand this mate.

Late night test yesterday showed some issues I really have to fix! Within last night, and today as well, I'm fixing as fast as I can.

I totally forgot about the Gau8 for example. It was kinda ready, but the sounds were not tweaked for the new script, the new distances and ranges, so after I just thought to play with this mod for 30 minutes or so to marvel at final piece of hard work, blood, sweat and tears, I got ass kicked as I heard that Gau from the distance! And suddenly I had to cancel the upload, and started to tweak things again. After that I found out, that the russian jets and helios using a rocket type named S-5 (57mm Launchers) I had to make these as well! Then I started testing all air vehicles to be sure and found out that all rockets, missiles and rocket pods are totally fucked up, far to quiet to recognize they are there or have been shot.

But all in all I dont see much reason to delay the release, we working hard these last hours, but I guess Sunday can still be the ETA (GMT +-0, Western Europe Time Zone) ;)

LJ

It's been 1st day since i'm using JSRS (1.4.3) and now i'm kinda have high hopes after all the promotional fuzz and buzz. So stop teasing us Jarhead :D

Topic should be closed until Lord, him self, wants to tease us more...

On-topic,

I want to know how easy it'll be to write replacement configs(i gues every sound's highs/lows must be calibrated to work good with distance/enviroment scripts?) Or is it 1 base sound and with reduced/increased power/effects to fit # of distances/enviroments?

Do I understand well that if I replace for example lee enfield sound with m24 sound it will break the script and the whole distance thing won't be synchronized properly? Are we even allowed to mess with .pbo's in your mod?

It's been 1st day since i'm using JSRS (1.4.3) and now i'm kinda have high hopes after all the promotional fuzz and buzz. So stop teasing us Jarhead :D

Topic should be closed until Lord, him self, wants to tease us more...

On-topic,

I want to know how easy it'll be to write replacement configs(i gues every sound's highs/lows must be calibrated to work good with distance/enviroment scripts?) Or is it 1 base sound and with reduced/increased power/effects to fit # of distances/enviroments?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly right now,

but using any other soundmod is not suggested anymore, you wont be able to mix JSRS 1.5 with other sound mods anymore, since the whole weapon ranges are damn short. The script is taking control after 27 meters already, the usual CFG sounds of all weapons stop playing after 130 meters. Usual soundmods have much higher rates here, using ranges around 1000/1200 meters and above, the bigger the gun the longer the range. This will cause extreme overlaps and you will always think that two shots have been fired instead of one, causing strange surroundings. But, any other sound mod can be tweaked to fit into this concept by just shorten the ranges down to maximum 130 meters, for each weapon, no matter if its a pistol, a rifle or a cannon. The script will give each weapon its maximum ranges after that, the CFG sounds does only play within the first 130 meters. The problem is to get all other soundmodders to do that, what will barely the case.

So all I could do at least is providing a few sounds from earlier releases and unpublished ProjectZero sounds I had. So mixing with other soundmods wont be working. Also deactivating a sound will cause this overlapping trouble since the Arma2 Vanilla sounds have higher ranges too. The only way would be to provide another set of configs that deactivates the whole distances effects and change all CFG ranges back to normal, so you can mix around as you like.

LJ

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Do I understand well that if I replace for example lee enfield sound with m24 sound it will break the script and the whole distance thing won't be synchronized properly? Are we even allowed to mess with .pbo's in your mod?

If you use the JSRS sounds and Configs still, it will work, no problem. But you would have to open the pbo's to change the sounds.

I plan on using JSRS when 1.5 is released but I was wondering how difficult is it to allow custom weapons to use the distant etc scripts? I already have the sounds for the weapons in question (including distant versions) but I'm wondering if I have to do some massive work around or if it's just the matter of a config entry?

I plan on using JSRS when 1.5 is released but I was wondering how difficult is it to allow custom weapons to use the distant etc scripts? I already have the sounds for the weapons in question (including distant versions) but I'm wondering if I have to do some massive work around or if it's just the matter of a config entry?

You could do it both way: In the config for distant stuff you can address the new sound sample, one for each range-step the script is doing (23 now) for each weapon in the game ( the script sources are a set of over 1700 sound samples, each one tweaked for the certain range the script is using it on) or you could replace the existing distant sound files with the new ones you made plus the normal weapon sounds for CFG configs. All in private use of course! JSRS is not made to get ripped apart, I wouldn't work my ass off to every single sound fit together if it would just some sample to play around with for you guys.

LJ

You could do it both way: In the config for distant stuff you can address the new sound sample, one for each range-step the script is doing (23 now) for each weapon in the game ( the script sources are a set of over 1700 sound samples, each one tweaked for the certain range the script is using it on) or you could replace the existing distant sound files with the new ones you made plus the normal weapon sounds for CFG configs. All in private use of course! JSRS is not made to get ripped apart, I wouldn't work my ass off to every single sound fit together if it would just some sample to play around with for you guys.

LJ

That's good to know! I have no intention on tearing apart the mod in fact I was trying to avoid it as much as possible as i'd rather config my private mods to work with jsrs rather than the other way around.

Pardon me if has been asked, but are the new ACR CZ 805, etc also having custom sounds in 1.5? AS in 1.4.3 the 7.62 805 sounds exactly like the MK 17 & 5.56 sounds exactly like a G36. Not a request or trying to break the rules here, just general question. As I have lately become a huge fan of the ACR DLC & making my new designs out of the DLC.

Edited by KilrBe3

Pardon me if has been asked, but are the new ACR CZ 805, etc also having custom sounds in 1.5? AS in 1.4.3 the 7.62 805 sounds exactly like the MK 17 & 5.56 sounds exactly like a G36. Not a request or trying to break the rules here, just general question. As I have lately become a huge fan of the ACR DLC & making my new designs out of the DLC.

Didn't had a change to get this DLC yet. And I was kinda afraid installing the lite version, heard of massive CTD's or totally corrupted Arma 2 installments after installing this addon, so I'm not sure about using it. And to buy there is no money left these days. Someone from Germany here? Tell them about the prices for fuel here :mad:

I will take a look into this later I guess, and then I might get this as extra download. Let JSRS15 hit the deck first and lets see how and how much work and fixes, maybe, it will need still after we were testing the **** out of it^^

LJ

Didn't had a change to get this DLC yet. And I was kinda afraid installing the lite version, heard of massive CTD's or totally corrupted Arma 2 installments after installing this addon, so I'm not sure about using it. And to buy there is no money left these days. Someone from Germany here? Tell them about the prices for fuel here :mad:

I will take a look into this later I guess, and then I might get this as extra download. Let JSRS15 hit the deck first and lets see how and how much work and fixes, maybe, it will need still after we were testing the **** out of it^^

LJ

Not a problem mate, Was just a curious mind asking is all. Won't bother me at all if you can't get around to it. You already do so much, and make such an amazing mod, I hate for you have to do more work than you need too. Thanks for the quick answer too!

-Cheers!

Someone from Germany here? Tell them about the prices for fuel here :mad:

Yes, me. And Fuel Prices are the pure Horror. :mad: