Sign in to follow this  
Flakespancakes

ARMA2:OA - Random CTD

Just got my copy of this game, which I must say is AWESOME. Problem is though that it CTD's ALL the time. Playing the game in any way, or editing for that matter, gives me random windows 7 versions of the "Has enountered a problem... blah blah". The easiest way for me to reproduce it, however, is by just clicking the Scenarios button. Boom. :( Updated to 1.52 and it's still there.

Sys specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 959

4 gigs of ram

8 gig swap file

ATI HD5800

Asus M4A78T-E

W7 64bit

Update:

All drivers are up to date, updated them before writing this post just to be sure. Also tried restarting computer several times, cleaning caches, reinstalling game, defragmenting, wiping drivers and saves and several command line options and compability modes. Phew. Also, I played the demo before I bought the game and then it was fine, no crashes or bugs at all.

Heres the log files from appdata:

http://www.bigwall.se/arma2oa.rar

Edited by Flakespancakes

Hi my friend..

I have the same exact problem.

@all

My version of game is 1.52

I tried to play some stuff in editor and CTD

Armory works fine!!! (for me atleast)

If clicked on Scenario there is a 95% chance of a CTD.

My computer can run almost all of latest games (with medium to high settings) including ARMA 2 (high possible lol)

Operation arrowhead is an exception =/

My tests..

I played on Maximum graphics settings... no problem othen than CTD

I played on MinimumEST settings .. superfast FPS but with CTD

I can play Stalker Call of Pripyat with Maximum settings.. Arma2 OA can be run greatly

My system is:

Intel i5 2.68ghz

2gb Ram

ATI HD4350

Windows 7 - 32 bit

Why does this solution help? is there any memory dump while playing the game? I'm asking because the CTD usially goes in random way.

I have the same problem too. My log file also shows:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 7C809750

graphics: D3D9

Happens when clicking "Scenarios" but not "Armory" or "Boot camp".

I will try the memory setting suggestion tonight.

I would suggest to try a beta patch first, perhaps your issue might be already solved in it.

Yes, that's it. The Beta solved my issue. Thanks!

For me beta only helps for Scenarios issue. It still seems to CTD randomly, mostly in MP, and Im getting this in .rpt after every CTD:

Prev. code bytes: A9 1E 00 00 C2 08 00 CC CC CC CC CC CC 56 8B F1

Fault code bytes: 8B 46 08 85 C0 7D 17 D1 F8 83 F8 20 7D 05 B8 20

Registers:

EAX:00001000 EBX:2E3F0D98

ECX:00000000 EDX:80000000

ESI:00000000 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:004687E3

SS:ESP:002B:0175F6E4 EBP:00001000

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010206

I am using few mods, though I get this CTDs without any mods as well.

Edited by 11aTony

Same issue with beta patch istalled. DVD version (not steam). Tried full new hdd install. Only drivers and Arma2oa installed. STILL access violation within minutes of playing game in any mode.

I CAN however edit to my hearts content.

Too bad I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Installed on three seperate PC's to see if an indivdual PC was at fault. ALL of them 64 bit Windows (win7 and Vista). SAME ISSUE! NVIDIA and AMD video cards (1 year old or newer).

Same error (different d3d/card driver though (of course).

I have still never got to play the game (mission one/any multi)! How about a refund for those of us with no working game after "umpteen" revisions and beta's?????!!!!?????:mad:

I don't mind waiting for a game bug to be fixed....but a $50.00 game that never worked, and still doesn't after several months?!:confused:

I'm as irritated as some of the other forum posters. Limited patience is about gone at this point.

Maybe I AM in the minority with this issue..... but as far as I can tell the people with this same exact issue are VERY numerous. I don't know at what percentage this issue plauges purchasers but it looks VERY large to me from the posts/google.

At any rate; the patch didn't help me at all. MAYBE 11-12 minutes rather than 6-10? but then again, who is counting at this point.:mad:

Arma2CO works fine. Just not the new Operation Arrowhead, by the way.

I am planning to try the DEMO, and see if THAT works. Maybe for my money I can play ONE mission that way. All on the NEW install of course.

I am CERTAIN the issue is not the computers I have tried. ArmaCO works on them without a hitch. NONE of them work with OA.:mad:

All I know for certain is that this (as much as I love the games) is my last Arma purchase if I NEVER get to play the stupid thing.:butbut:

If Arma2CO works then play the missions for Arrowhead using Arma2 CO instead. After all, all it is is a combination of both Arma 2 vanila and Arrowhead, so it has all the missions and everything from both games.

Or try running Arrowhead as ADMIN or without the BETA patch and just the official patch 1.57.

If you have BAF and PMC aswell simply add the commandlines -mod=BAF;PMC etc and they will be available to play too.

Let us know how you get on after trying the above.

As for "but as far as I can tell the people with this same exact issue are VERY numerous." well i think your wrong, since your the only one to have posted about this issue and the last person to post in this thread for a similar issue, but not necessarily the same, was way back in August says to me that they are not "VERY numerous at all".

And posting here in a dead thread when you have already created a thread (see here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112781) about the issue is not the right way to go about things either, especially when this thread is about Random CTD and not the specific issue your having. Therefore meaning everyone reading this are being forced to read the entire thread only to see a double post from you.

Edited by teaboy

Yeah, why play OA standalone when you can play CO?!

Otherwise do as teaboy said, maybe you´re f... up something during install?

mikalg

You started a thread about this already here and 2 hours ago.

I fail to see why you must dig out a months old thread just to complain here again.