Sign in to follow this  
mercyne

AI Compound Holdout

Hello,

I have been making a mission based on a real Afganistan situation I saw. The enemy AI (Takistan Reblican Army) is holding out in a compound made out of 2 buildins with 2 rooms each 4 total and a large wall surrounding it all pretty much the basic compound.

So now you what i am doing here is the problem I want a few AI to bunker out in those houses while others come on out to return fire once we open up on them.

Problem is when I make a waypoint in the building only the leader goes inside and the rest make a formation around him in or out the house.

I need the AI to be pretty dynamic so the disable AI command wont work as i need to to move around a bit.

Most of the houses though have only a few positions to stand in and I want to make one pretty cramped up (Most are gonna run out when there under attack).

Now also before anyone starts that i should have searched this up I did none of the topics I found where of any use to me.

Help appreciated,

Mercyne

EDIT:

So basicly I want to create a realistic fight with the AI in that compound so far not so succesfull I am capable of soloening it thats 1 v 10 guys orso just by being at 300 meters.

Apperntly the AI wont see me from that range. You see its kinda important that they return fire and lots of it aswell but I can't seem to be able to get them to do that.

Help on this mather also appreciated.

Edited by mercyne

Any additional info on making the AI fear for its life, camp or shoot through openings would be awesome too. I'm trying to reproduce pretty much this exact same effect.

Look up the urban patrol script.

Urban Patrol....

This situation is far from what that script offers. Its'a good addon but its not what I need I just need the AI to bunker out of a while and return heavy fire not some advance script that makes use flanking manouvers

Also I know this not verry in line with the commity spirit but I am making this mission and i want to learn from it i do not wish to use something someone else made in it. I mean somethign you make yourself you can also easily adjust. It might be a bit more work at first but ahh well its worth it. So i rather have someone tell how to make this then to use premade script.

Edited by mercyne

For house defence i suggest taking 1 man units no groups, use small groups in danger mode for patrouls outside with random waypointloop + big radius, if you dont want script something.

This can help you. Set them up inside of the building, then have them come out (roof, balconies, or even outside) when alerted.