Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

ok thanks' date=' ill keep that in mind. I guess it's safe to drop all m9 pouches for that ?

putting together a rolled up sleve model right now.. anyone have photos of army guys w/ rolled up sleves? even just the acu :)[/quote']

Rolled up sleeves? Nah man, we're not authorized to do that. That photo with me in it with my cuffs rolled in a combat zone isn't even authorized anymore (did it anyway). We're sleeves down year round.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

EDIT - Photo in question. Resized numerous times but it's not working.

DSC00007.jpg

Edited by DetCord

ah yes http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/docs/Army%20Combat%20Uniform%20%28ACU%29%20Ensemble.pdf

uh oh well, would it kill to have one guy with it? I'd hate for it to not be used :( I suppose it doesn't HAVE to be an ACU, it could be a t shirt or something.. any possible reason to keep it? :D

a bit off topic, this is the 173rd right..

Edited by Fox '09

ah yes http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/docs/Army%20Combat%20Uniform%20%28ACU%29%20Ensemble.pdf

uh oh well' date=' would it kill to have one guy with it? I'd hate for it to not be used :( I suppose it doesn't HAVE to be an ACU, it could be a t shirt or something.. any possible reason to keep it? :D[/quote']

I'd say no for realism purposes, but it's your addon, mate. I will say that while sleeves rolled is not authorized, but harped upon, we often roll out in just under-shirts. I simply don't understand that mentality at all.

It's far more realistic, IMHO.

Or this following an attack....

http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2009/05/ap_gates_pink_boxers_052209/052209_soldier_pink_boxers_800.JPG 130 kb

EDIT - That's the 173rd BTW. :)

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

well well :) i understand what you're saying though.

I'll think about it, but I will prepare another guy without rolled up sleeves, maybe with his top untucked for a change.

Edited by Fox '09

What grunts and GIs can do, carry, ware, etc is unit SOP dependent and every units SOP is made by the Commander and the Senior NCO. So you will see a variety of things across the Army.

What grunts and GIs can do, carry, ware, etc is unit SOP dependent and every units SOP is made by the Commander and the Senior NCO. So you will see a variety of things across the Army.

Army SOP is Army SOP, so I'm gonna call BS on that one. It's all based upon the current theater, Division policy, and lastly Brigade policy. Regardless, things are done differently to an extent with regards to specific issues/terrain/supply etc etc, but still adhered to. The primary reason for sleeves down is not because some commands are dick-headish, but because of fire, and how badly burns can occur without proper protection.

I'd like to see a CO that simply says do what ya want, it's our policy, we'll keep it. And then someone snaps a shot of some dismounted patrol outside of uni and posts it on the web. That would burn that 1SG's/CO career to no extent once the brass found out.

I did it because I answered to no one but my team leader, and we all did it. We were outside of any normal command and control.

Call BS, but I have seen different SOPs. In my last unit (ARNG Line Infantry Company), we were allowed to buy non army issue boots as long as they met the criteria and where in regulation. The unit I am currently assigned to (ARNG HHC Infantry), we are only allowed Bates, Welco, and Belleville.

In the previous unit as well, we were not allowed to go into a restaurant and sit to eat lunch while in ACUs, drive through only. In the current unit, we are allowed to.

So yes, to each his own. Army sets its policy and it is interpreted down the line from division, to brigade, to battalion, to company.

I may have not deployed, but I have been around plenty of grunts that have (some through multiple deployments). Every time, the SOP was different.

hello im the army: ineffective camouflage only and you can't try to make the desert more bearable ok so you gotta wear MOPP suits everyday pls thx no sleeve rolling too btw

today's update.. boring.. not in game..

QEs7A.jpg

but it will make a HUGE difference . Normal maps .. proper ones :o

QEOzS.jpg

edit: pockets added

T4tH9.jpg

T4BaA.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

Any chance you might include UCP Delta? I have to admit, I like it. :)

Any chance you might include UCP Delta? I have to admit, I like it. :)

I have a swatch but it's not very good. I'll do it anyway :)

I like your work Fox. It's come a long way in a short time.

One question though.. why exactly are you remaking units that already have been done by BIS in OA. Those are US army soldiers with the same vest and gear etc.

Am I missing something?

Nope. My only inspiration is that their cargo pockets are not accurate

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

And of course , I want to do stuff to the oa models .. But no mlods :)

edit: ok, really enough of my crap :p

I just wanted to make my own army men. Towards if anyone wants them , I don't care , It's great practice for my modeler, contributors , and of course myself.

Edited by Fox '09

looks good but a bit to much ACU/UCP to me

what..?

FPDR

Looking better and better, Fox! I haven't been this impressed by an addon since Cameron McDonald released his 1st ID for ArmA. Minor issues though, as always, and I probably know you're just about done with people pointing certain aspects out....

If you don't mind. The ankle pocket is a bit big/over sized, could be crunched down a bit. Other issues with the ACU's as well i.e. pockets, cargo pockets, sleeves etc etc. If ya want, I'll post some photos of my ACU tops and bottoms. MY MC uniforms are currently in storage, so that's a no-go.

What's with the boots, mate?

Again, if you want example pics just let me know and I'll continue doing so via the Armaholic thread.

Fox is adding regular boots dont worry.

I will check out the pockets .

about the boots, they're still on from my SF guys . I changed them to some oakleys for the mean time , but I plan to switch over to some new boots that my friend had modeled for our ACU.

anyway, ebolax sent me some photos of his acu , i think that is sufficient enough. I just haven't put them to use (apart from the velcro on the shoulder patch, and his FC flag)

edit:

thanks enad

I will check out the pockets .

about the boots' date=' they're still on from my SF guys . I changed them to some oakleys for the mean time , but I plan to switch over to some new boots that my friend had modeled for our ACU.

anyway, ebolax sent me some photos of his acu , i think that is sufficient enough. I just haven't put them to use (apart from the velcro on the shoulder patch, and his FC flag)

edit:

thanks enad[/quote']

Nice.

Also, the cat-eyes are too light and it might be nice to have differing color NOD mounts. Tan and ACU grey, but never black. Black is a no-no and paints a target on you.

i dont even have cat eyes in ??? at least i think i dont. maybe on my other unit.

anywho,

O1RKr.jpg