Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

in game ..

m5Rf0.jpg

should probably take another shot in mid day to show the normals better ...

but i need an A.A. 12 model :rolleyes:

about the sf.. eh well haven't really felt like working on them. I have to redo the bases and probably redo the ciras models.. and then texture it... and then mess around with the models ...

ey ey ey spear vest :)

wP40A.jpg

body stuff are placeholders

maybe release on Monday or sunday , with 3 units or more , ...

probably gona do multicam pants as a test , but here...

CdLIi.png

CdOcr.png

still solving problems ...

Very cool, but it seems to have a really slight...glaze over it. If you could remove that it would look loads better.

redid the base for the marksman .. going to play w/ the neck. Also, our ACU model is going quite well, belt is done and work is beginning on the IOTV.

FVmUA.png

FVEmA.png

these are to be made for Ebank's Kunar province map, these will now receive the 173rd patches as requested on armaholic.

Very nice. I like it, looks good quality and all. :)

ETA ON THESE GUYS I HOPE THEY'RE NOT DEAD.

when they're done ya dumb bag

we will see. I don't have much time for most of my projects as i've been working on pr , only bit by bit every day I have time for these guys.

I need ideas for units ..

I have these ideas:

Team Leader (M4 RCO)

Rifleman (M4 CCO)

Rifleman (2) (M4 CCO w/ M203)

Marksman ( he will have an m110)

Machinegunner (M240 w/ Eclan)

Automatic Rifleman (newer SAW, no eclan (?))

Grenadier (M4 RCO w/ m203)

AT rifleman (m4 CCO w/ M136 AT4)

maybe ...

Mortar guys .. t-shirt, not too much on their iotv (or iba)

Javelin guys (probably not though...)

off duty guy

I love it. Fox it seems like you just picked up texturing and stuff not too long ago, but you've made such progress in your work. It's awesome to see your skills progress! I usually only post when I really support a project, and I am really looking forward to these units. Mortar guy loadout would be awesome, especially for those unexpected Taliban OP attacks in the Korengal and the rest of Konar Province that ebanks is working on. Looking forward to the day your units are done Fox! I vote yes on M249 Elcan (or is it Eclan?) optic for the automatic rifleman.

@Fox Ideas:

Where's the medic? :D Almost full gear for max protection, now we don't want our medic to get hurt now do we. A light weapon, like a stripped m4, no heatshields... maybe heatshields, but no extra bling bling. So he carries only the weight he needs so that he can perform quick actions in the battlefield. Get it? :P

Will these new 2010 troops include the old UCP textured backpacks?

As Nixo said a Medic is needed, an Off Duty guy or two would be a great idea.

Will these new 2010 troops include the old UCP textured backpacks?

if you're talking about my old 2010s, No, i am modeling a new MOLLE backpack. well, two kinds, the big-ass one and the smaller one.. erm.. we'll see.

as for the medic.. great idea.. can't believe I forgot it :) most men will still have an IFAK

crewman too maybe, for those die hard stryker fans :)

thanks for the support guys

Edited by Fox '09

crewman too maybe' date=' for those die hard stryker fans :)

thanks for the support guys[/quote']

Hey fox,

Let me know if you need anymore pics of my gear, or anyone elses fr that matter. I might be able to get some of what the Cav Scouts wear, jumpers, helmets, rigs, things like that. I fully expect my own character in the addon as well as a early beta test. ;)

Also, be sure to update your Armaholic thread.

Cheers

I'll see what I need help with in the coming days. for now I think I'm okay with references. I'll make sure to send you the beta version in the coming weeks :)

I was gona update the armaholic thread with some more 'artistic' photos , maybe tonight showcasing today's work.

I'll see what I need help with in the coming days. for now I think I'm okay with references. I'll make sure to send you the beta version in the coming weeks :)

I was gona update the armaholic thread with some more 'artistic' photos ' date=' maybe tonight showcasing today's work.[/quote']

Outstanding matey, cheers! Also, the pic on the previous page is looking simply outstanding. The ambient light is a little low, but it looks good.

EDIT - Also, I know you're concerned with realism and all. So if I may, I'd like to add a bit of a suggestion. Not everyone is going to carry a pistol/M9. The primaries will always be the officers, platoon sergeants, and perhaps a squad leader or two. However, it is often the case that crew-served weapon teams do on occasion carry a M9. The mortar teams do as well.

173rd! ;)

Edited by DetCord

ok thanks, ill keep that in mind. I guess it's safe to drop all m9 pouches for that ?

putting together a rolled up sleve model right now.. anyone have photos of army guys w/ rolled up sleves? even just the acu :)