Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

The latest SF/FR pics are fucking hot.

What mistuh Coleh said.

they dont, although this isnt exactly the FC ,.. will change to the correct one later

atm redoing the CIRAS textures to reflect the newer CIRAS.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:52 PM ----------

def. doesnt feel like the ciras.. that's too flat huh

SgQzi.jpg

.... better? :o

SgT3r.jpg

gona reduce polys later ..

Edited by Fox '09

Hmmm. They're nice, but your right, dont look much like the Ciras.

they dont' date=' although this isnt exactly the FC ,.. will change to the correct one later[/quote']

About that, this is just a suggestion fox so just take it how it is :D. You know how on the USMC helmets in game they have working cat eyes? (if you don't know what that is the little glowing things on the back of the helmet) Well I've always wondered if something like that could be done but for it to be visible with NVD's only. Because on the ACH helmets there are tabs that you pull back to reveal a little black IR tab, along with on the uniform shoulder pockets, AND the non-colored IR flag that is worn in theater. Just thought maybe it would be an interesting feature and if you might like the idea.

maybe the helmet ir tabs but yes i know what you are talking about and yes it is possible, binkowski showed me a while ago. good idea

yep , heard about it and ebanks was talking the other day about it to me. (he's remade the area for his kunar province map)

postimage is down

http://filesmelt.com/dl/arma2oa_2010-09-14_22-14-58-13.png

wall of text below...

anyway latest wip on the rangers, re-did the entire ciras vest, still pretty flat though. gona make normals later... again still heavily wip. missing pouches of course, damn selections!

bink gave me some tips and he says he might do some normal maps for the gear :dance:

gona add in the sf patch holder w/e , still have the grunt w/ that fancy sticker flag and blood tabs. those lines going down the ciras molle collums are apparently stitching, i saw on some pic it was on all molle collums.. this says otherwise.. ??

http://h-3.abload.de/img/ciras2odrp.jpg

and yes normal maps on the body are too strong :o

need a normal map expert..

mJftJ.jpg

all i did was add a normal map blue layer on top of the purple to tune it down.... but now it's messed up in game

I know I was giving him a idea, and I know the Rangers are with the Army same with Green Berete's, and keep up he good work fox!

green berreta???

is that some sort of new variant of the 92fs?

gsus u guys post fats....

get a program like Xnormals. make a texture using plain fabric textures (ie no camo pattern on them) useing the burn and dogde tool to highlight parts that you want to have depth (crinkles, molle straps, so on so forth. keep all the stiching and everything there. convert it to a black and white image, make sure its not to dark. then use Xnormals to generate a normal map, use the parts you want from that in your _NOHQ file.

I'll give that a shot, although I usually like to bake my normals

Looking great fox.

About those normals. Are you saying that Xnormals is better than the Nvidia Normal Map plugin for photoshop. I find it crappy.

*Answers a question aimed at someone else* If you can't model, like me, and you need to make stuff like me, I recommend:

- Photoshop for your textures.

- Crazybump for the normal maps.

- xNormal to bake AO maps.

^ agree with the above, i LOVED crazy bump when i used the 30 day trial, just havnt got around to buying it yet, hence using Xnormal lol.

Getting a little creative there with the black surefire helmet light huh? :D Nice work on the vest fox.

If you make normals from a low-poly model (i.e. these ones), you will end up with terrible normals...

oh don't worry , I usually would take it into mudbox and go nuts with it or i would get my friend to do so. (he also sometimes uses zbrush)

thanks guys , will try a few other options.

abit of an update. No, my focus isnt the usmc. It's not the army sf, it's not the rangers, it's just in general dudes w/ ciras. of course i will release all of the variants , ...

6Try0.jpg

6Twxi.jpg

Pretty impressive progress you are making here, considering that not long ago your stuff basically sucked :)

Keep up the good progress.