Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

Keep up the good work FOX, Oh and the troops love this patch too.

Milsmiley.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Edited by Jonn

also, minor detail, but the Ssg rank on your guy is wrong. it should look like this

thanks will fix

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Keep up the good work FOX, Oh and the troops love this patch too.

hehe , maybe optional , we'll see :yay:

Does US Army wear Nomex gear or is that only US Marines?

Some do, usually in mech units where the nomex crewman coveralls are issued it seems. But there are also the FR uniforms (fire resistant). Also nomex flight gloves are one of standard issue things that everybody gets, no matter if the unit buys extra/different ones. Sometimes you'll see people (usually gunners on a hwmmv that i've seen) with nomex facemasks/hoods, and they may be issue or a personal bought item.

ok some questions ' date='

i will be doing stryker crew , bradley etc

do they wear IOTVs or IBAs etc? or just the plain ACU w/ helmet

:o[/quote']

The crewman of a stryker/bradley would be wearing a CVC(Combat Vehicle Crewman) helmet, the dismounts would be wearing normal gear. Also they would wear the IOTV(pretty much what deployers get) but you could throw in the IBA if that's what you wanted. And either tan CVC coveralls or the ICVC in ACU, or there is a two piece ACU crewman uniform as well from what I've seen.

Edited by Ebolax

thanks ebolax.

the CVC looks a bit like a mich 2001 with a deeper / longer bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

42STA.jpg

42VnJ.jpg

like my mags? are they polished enuf?

any insight from pros , should I bake the mags or just try to make the grooves etc myself?

cheers

Haha the mags look a bit awkward and what are the grey things above them? Magpul?

Could you take a close up of the helmet, from what I can see its looking more Cloth like.

The grey things above the mag are little pull tabs that are attached to the elastic that holds the magazines in place.....But on the magazines they do look a tad odd. A bit wide it seems idk.

To make the magazines look a bit more "arma like" Just use the mags from the sample weapons. :)

tx johnny for your older mtv thing from arma 1 yes you know yes?

maybe ill use the arma 2 ones later on. I know there are already woodland marpat marines in johnny quality but it's nice to have mlods

got bored.

vdiQJ.jpg

no helmet gear etc , normal maps are still iba... so..

bink is gona make some marines , im probably not going to finish these because of that

Awesome!

I'd say keep going with the project, I think Bink is making Desert Marines, so you could make woodland ones.

yeah, noticed the pattern is too small. as always my stitching is too big :) thanks once again

I'm so glad that someones making US army models that don't use the SCAR, it seems incredibly unrealistic and unbalanced that the US army in OA gets SCAR rifles when they wouldn't the mainstay of the US army for at least 3-4 years if they started mass production now.

a variant of the helmet texture

6DT2J.jpg

better? i thought the old one was pretty bad because i tried to make it look too much like cloth.

still wip

a variant of the helmet texture

6DT2J.jpg

better? i thought the old one was pretty bad because i tried to make it look too much like cloth.

still wip

I'd say it's better.

It looked more like cloth before, but it still looks awesome.

To make the Team leader even more badass, give him a bullet hole in the helmet. Nothing says badass like surviving a sniper round to the head!

It looked more like cloth before, but it still looks awesome.

To make the Team leader even more badass, give him a bullet hole in the helmet. Nothing says badass like surviving a sniper round to the head!

This might be a better forum for you.. http://modernwarfare2forums.net/

:D