Sign in to follow this  
boogey76

ARMA2 / OA freezing if i click multiplayer for lobby HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a very strange problem, last night me and my mates were playing OA, until aroud 5 am, then now, i tried the game again, hasnt passed the 24 hr mark yet, and i did not change anything or install anything on the pc, windows 7 32bit..

loaded up OA, clicked multiplayer, it gave receiving...., frozen for like nearly a minute or more...

then i am in the lobby, no servers, even when hovering the mouse over the options there i got no feedback or highlights, until another 30 seconds or so...like the game is choking , then whatever i click it freezes some more....

i checked EVERYHTING i can think of, from uninstalling battleye, checking ports on router, firewall, antivirus, ...

i have arma2 retail, and OA from steam , and it was absolutely perfect....just out of no where this happens...

now while doing some research i heard about some USB headsets causing this, i have the G35 logitech, i re installed the drivers, tried unplugging it( which worked for someone mysteriously)..

now what i found is baffling.................................

if i unplug my ethernet cable from the router/modem and THEN click Multiplayer..i instantaneously enter the lobby , with no servers found ofcourse.....then if i plug the cable back in, and click refresh it freezes back up...

single player and everything else is working fine....

i have 1.07 patch and the 1.52 for OA....reinstalled gfx drivers latest nvida, i have the gtx 295...nothing....i reset the router many times, on / off...nothing....

the only thing i can think of doing now is a system restore, and if that doesnt work ill have to un install arma 2, then reinstall it patch it then redownload OA again from steam( clean copy) , that is my last option....

any suggestions other than what i might have tinkered with ...please help....

I have a very strange problem, last night me and my mates were playing OA, until aroud 5 am, then now, i tried the game again, hasnt passed the 24 hr mark yet, and i did not change anything or install anything on the pc, windows 7 32bit..

loaded up OA, clicked multiplayer, it gave receiving...., frozen for like nearly a minute or more...

then i am in the lobby, no servers, even when hovering the mouse over the options there i got no feedback or highlights, until another 30 seconds or so...like the game is choking , then whatever i click it freezes some more....

i checked EVERYHTING i can think of, from uninstalling battleye, checking ports on router, firewall, antivirus, ...

i have arma2 retail, and OA from steam , and it was absolutely perfect....just out of no where this happens...

now while doing some research i heard about some USB headsets causing this, i have the G35 logitech, i re installed the drivers, tried unplugging it( which worked for someone mysteriously)..

now what i found is baffling.................................

if i unplug my ethernet cable from the router/modem and THEN click Multiplayer..i instantaneously enter the lobby , with no servers found ofcourse.....then if i plug the cable back in, and click refresh it freezes back up...

single player and everything else is working fine....

i have 1.07 patch and the 1.52 for OA....reinstalled gfx drivers latest nvida, i have the gtx 295...nothing....i reset the router many times, on / off...nothing....

the only thing i can think of doing now is a system restore, and if that doesnt work ill have to un install arma 2, then reinstall it patch it then redownload OA again from steam( clean copy) , that is my last option....

any suggestions other than what i might have tinkered with ...please help....

I've got this exact same issue. I've tried everything conventional, but i'd love suggestions and ideas. I am pretty much in the exact same situation as the poster and from what I've read a full reinstall won't do the trick.

I played both ArmA 2 and OA fine every single day until today after doing an ALT+F4 during a constant Receiving screen, now I can't connect to Multiplayer. I'm using an Nvidia GTX 470.

Chris, I don't think anyone can connect to the multiplayer lobby right now.

Well, seems there are...

And ive localized MY problem to my PC as i can Play "another" game (Entropia)

on my Wifes PC but not on mine..

I got the same issue!!??

All worked fine last night.. no game freez when entering multiplayer lobby.. and then no servers listed.

Try to refresh.. another freez.. then still no servers..

Only change to the system is that I installed Starcraft... but that should not have made any changes to Arma Arrowhead??

Got the same issue here today, all of a sudden just out of the blue my multiplayer freezes up and no servers on the list

Glad it's not just me, kinda...

Quick question tho, do all of you have it on Steam as well?