Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Confirmed kills?

Every time i hear about a sniper, its always confirmed kills this, and confirmed kills that, and so on.

What exactly qualifies a confirmed kill? I mean, i know in certain situations, the sniper doesnt have the luxury to do things like go down and feel the guys pulse, so how do they know?

And i know that ofcourse a headshot is pretty damn confirmed. I'm talking about otherwise.

Confirmed kills are documented and added to a soldier's personnel file by higher authorities. To get a confirmed kill you general need some kind of evidence to prove it. i.e. An eye witness, photographs, a corpse...etc. Carlos Hathcock once proved a kill on a VC woman by having them look at the bullet that killed her. It ended up being a 168 grain 7.62 x 51mm boat tailed hollow point (which is match grade ammo only used by snipers) thus accrediting him with the kill which was made from like 1200 meters.

Jaaeesus!! He had some range on him, huh?

So.......how is the common kill confirmed? Do you have your spotter view him and mark it on a piece of paper or something? Tell me more

How did they know she was VC? Did she have an ID on her?

The Full Metal Jacket logic:

If they run they are VC.

If thay stand still they are well trained VC.

Easy... you don't lead 'em so much. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ April 26 2002,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how can you shoot women and children?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Simple, you have dust on your scope...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,03:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ April 26 2002,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how can you shoot women and children?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Simple, you have dust on your scope...<span id='postcolor'>

you just walked in and ruined my quote man...why did you do that??? mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How did they know she was VC? Did she have an ID on her? <span id='postcolor'>

She was wanted for demasculinating U.S. soldiers and leaving them to bleed to death. U.S. intel had photographs of her. It's pretty obivious when she is wearing black pajamas and toting a chicom AK.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 26 2002,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ruined? Why? There were no bad intentions behind my post  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Because the right answer is "Easy... you don't lead 'em so much"... it's from kurbircks full metal jacket smile.gif