Sign in to follow this  
-DAN-

Citylife 2 Released

It is a really good idea though. I got to log on once and check it out, the map is wonderfully done, the addons (what I saw of them) look great.

However wanting to just play with a few friends on there is a nightmare trying to get it going. Great idea, poorly implemented, at least thus far.

Kage74,

It would not be my recommendation to play this mod, unless you are thoroughly prepared to jump through a bunch of hoops and wait 2-3 days or more to join.

the mod itself may be good, but the reception by the admins makes this mod feel too exclusive and unwelcoming like they don't really want you there anyway

Utter pish.

All you had to do was wait for an admin to get you started and grant you access. The admins are usually very helpful and friendly and will always help a player get going with the mod, unless they get pissed them off because of players doing something stupid, like not reading the server rules and giving out the server password (like your friend did). You obviously didn't bother to read the rules, and got banned as a result. These are simple security measures that you are warned about when you sign up.

There is a bucket load of custom content in City Life that has been built from the ground up, or privately purchased, by the CL devs and they are understandably very protective over it, and as PROTOTYPE 001 pointed out, some of it was taken without permission during beta testing. Hence the heavy security now.

If the rules say you'll be banned for giving out the password, simply don't do it and don't let your friends do it either. You really have no reason to complain.

Edited by Tavish

This is too bad to hear, but I fully understand. I've tried joining multiple "City-Life", "Chernarus Life", and "RP-Mod" servers, and all of them seemed to have a serious case of "over-bearing a**hole moderators". Its too bad as when played right it can be really fun.

Zargabad Life or whatever its called is the worst.

Because there you can have actally a very nice play, and BANG as soon as the "admin gang" comes online all goes to hell. They start to shoot everyone ("We are RPing! We are terrorists"), and as soon as you kill on of them you get banned ("You werent allowed to kill me, because, because....uhm...uhm....you are not in a gang....uhm....you shot me in the back....uhm...IM AN ADMIN HERE! I MAKE THE RULES")

HAHAHA! Things do go that way a lot it seems. I don't think a lot of the admins actually "play the game" they helped to create. They just log in, spawn whatever they want and have some mischievous fun.

In my honest opinion admins let all that power go to their heads sometimes. They should log in without their powers and play the game from scratch the way the rest of us have to.

I tried ZL, but there was too much DMing. Some guy on an ATV kept running everyone over and the police just started shooting up the place.

I really loved CLU till they turned it into a bicycle simulator. They changed the economy and made it harder for ppl to make money or gain levels. Problem is if you get disconnected you could lose everything that you had gained over the last 2-3 days. Anything in your inventory gets gone, your vehicle is left alongside the road (if it didn't wreck when you DCed) and by the time you log back in, someone may have stolen it or salvaged it.

That's why I was giving City Life 2 a try. But that's a bust. The mod itself looked great (what little of it I could see in the endless night), but the uber-strict admins kind of ruined it before I even had a chance to see it with the sun up.

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Words for all admins to remember.

Edited by kage74

.. it's so funny. I was telling to developers year ago how to avoid all this problems now people complain about but it looks that developers r simple kids who has no idea how to create a good ( interesting and balanced ) missions. It explains a lot why they didn't listen some good advises. They prefer ban people and do bam - bam - bam with big bad guns :) Damn, what a kidder garden ...

Well, I agree with kage, the admins on CL2 are N*zis.

I asked why a friend of mine was banned, (because he was banned for a stupid reason "too young" a perm ban! what sense is that???). Anyway, the admin didnt even bother to look him up and said "HE IS BANNED AND WILL STAY BANNED NOW FUCK OFF WORTHLESS SCUM"! 10 mins later, he banned me from the forums, TS and the game!:butbut:

Crazy community, thats all I can say :eek:

I would like to make a small quote

If a player is banned for more than a week, he or she may dispute the ban by using the template in the forum. Both sides will have a reasonable discussion and will have evidence to support their respective cases. At the end, the admin will determine whether to make the ban last, have it reduced, or have it eliminated. If you start to abuse the admin or the City Life community it would be best for you to find another community to play in.

Other Notes:

Each rule serves a a dual purpose: To keep the server alive, as well as to eliminate as much subjectivity as possible with regards to enforcing the rules. Our admins are not your stereotypical admins. We are not looking for excuses to ban people, and again we will only ban/kick if the behavior is causing other players to feel uncomfortable and/or leave. players of any skill are welcomed. Please do your part and do your best to encourage these rules on to your fellow player as they are to benefit everyone who players on here.

That is from the rules in the Citylife 2 page. Aswell as

We are not a community that enjoys removing people, bans will only occur as a last resort, we like to inform and make people aware what they are doing is wrong.

I would like to know if the proper actions were taken when the bans happened? IE the admins explaining and if people properly defended themselves or were allowed to.

I honestly want to hear both sides of the stories instead of just hearing from one side. I'm playing the 'One sitting on the fence' due to Citylife2 still on my list to play. (Setting things up as he types this) Just so I know I can feel safe when I wish to log on to TS and such. Thank you to those from the Citylife 2 team that can divulge the information and remove the assumptions being made by readers.

I played CL back for ArmA 1 for quite some time, and I've come to these conclusions.

1- Know your GMT

2-Read the rules like they are the bible and your next in line for the pope.

3-Steal, Cheat, Lie *But do not get caught. (If your playing a civ and are gonna go bad that is)

4-Be polite. Some of the admins play this after work/in the evening after they have had a shitty day, and somebody breaking the rules or just being ignorant or cussing people out will be banned without explanation. They have lives, and this is a game, something they play to unwind and have fun. The more they have to spend time trying to diffuse an idiotic arguement between a newbie and a veteran player the more annoyed they will get. If they can't stand the crap anymore they will probably side with the person who they know and not the guy who has been around less than a day.

And finally...

5- Stay away from ArmaTech if he is drunk or in a bad mood. ;)

(In all seriousness, City Life is great, the players are great, the admins are a bit tough but in an acceptable way. I played there for almost a year. Best rpg mod I've played in my life. The first week or so is rough, especially for an american trying to get on a British/Euro time table, but after that everything smooths out. By then the admins can be reasonably sure your not a grab&go thief, they will have played and talked with you so they will know you better, and you will have had time to get used to both the rules and the gameplay. I understand they made it a tiny bit tougher to get the money needed for weapons/an insurgency, but trust me, its very worth it.)

One of the top 3 experiences I've had in all my years of playing arma online was in City Life. Its a story for another time, and fresh thumbs (typing on my phone here lol) but I can say watch the movie "Precinct 13". The very short version is - I arrested a guy, booked him with another cop, then all hell breaks loose. 2 cops (4 for about 20 minutes) against 6-8 civilian "insurgents" who want their friend out. We had a good little firefight when they tried to ram the gates, they tried a helicopter assault, and at one point a guy who had just logged on as a cop brought us riot shields and ammo in our swat humvee. He made it into the gates, parked, and took a .50 in the chest. It ended with me hiding behind the booking counter with no ammo for my shotgun, a taser on the ground next to me, and half a mag in my sidearm as they came in through the front door. They had one hell of a sniper, took my partners head clean off as he made a dash for our vehicle and the heavy equipment in the trunk. :D

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Sorry about that sniper thing. I got real bored being cop side all the time and wanted to let loose my inner bad guy. That was a great time back in the beginning. You guys really did a good job holding down the jail that night. Those were one of the few times the gangs went on a spree for the most part.

For everyone else just take the time to follow the rules and you won't have problem. If you want I can look into some of the bans to see what's the reason/truth about what happened. Records are kept of all bans as a rule. Just don't flood my in box with PM's. Remember I'm still out doing my own thing and have not played much on the mod. (Trying to improve my script/model making skills to better help the community out more)

Well im kinda confused as my ban was like a govermental hush hush (no email sent as warnings, no proper reason). Just logged on cl2 forum, then banned without warning, asked why I was banned on ts3 to one of the admins, no reply, then perm banned from ts3 by the admin I was asking.

We are not a community that enjoys removing people, bans will only occur as a last resort, we like to inform and make people aware what they are doing is wrong.

I do not understand what they are on about in this case. Completely confusing and downright rude.

What a load of BS

Edited by Double Doppler

It was the same for me and Romsas. I believe it was ArmATech that did it too. He just said "You're banned!" kicked us from the game & TS and banned us. Didn't really take any time to talk to us or explain what we did wrong or listen to our side of the story.

I was able to type up what happened in their forums, but haven't really been back sense. Really left a bad taste in my mouth and if they don't want us there I'm not gonna bother going back.

Hopefully CLU will get fixed soon and we can go back to playing that (I miss driving my big yellow truck to the mines…). In the meantime I doubt we'll be playing any RPG mods. I think we're gonna reinstall my zSNES & Project64 emulators and play some old Nintendo games today. =D

Zelda ftw!

No warning is needed when you:

Give out our passwords

Don't read the rules

Can't follow simple instructions

Give out our passwords

Don't read the rules

If you are talking about me that is downright shameful. I wasnt even on the forum/TS3 long enough to do any of those things. I deny 100% breaching any of those subjects and if you want to prove it go look in your admin logs. I bet your to slapdash to do anything like that, though. After all, I'm just a "worthless player", like the other 100 you banned. You can afford to lose us. Well heres a wakeup call, NO YOU CANT, PLAYERS MAKE THE MOD, WITHOUT US YOU WOULD BE DEAD. Now go back to your "epic slander" about giving passowords.

If I had done any of the things you falsely accused me of, I wouldnt be writing this.

Im not going to argue but I must say that you should check your logs more as you seem to find any excuse to ban someone.

If you are going to ban a player for a STUPID REASON AS A JOKE EXPECT HIM TO COMPLAIN. This isn't funny.

Its just as well I have a Real-Life otherwise I would be real pissed by now. All I can say is the service on your community is poor and could be much better.

Edited by Double Doppler

Give out our passwords

Don't read the rules

Typical asshole-response. If you treat players like this its no wonder the thread is full of negative feedback.

I signed up in their forums yesterday and spent 2hrs downloading the 2gb of addons and setting up the launcher properly. During which time an admin popped in TS and talked to me for all of 2mins then left me to finish the downloads. After that I sat around for an hour in the Waiting to join server channel (which is where you are supposed to wait for an admin to finish talking to you) but no one ever came back on.

Didn't realise on XMAS day I had to sit in TS rather than spend it with my family holding your hand to use Yoma and download addons.

@ SigintArmA your quotes are correct, we do allow people to post unban requests and act on them if we feel we have been too harsh, but when people then decide to post rude messages all over our youtube vids, forums and nasty PM's then we really don't want to waste our time accommodating them on something we spent years making.

@ Double Doppler I have no idea who you are, is your forum name the same here as ours?

@ kage74 - it's simple,

Password Changes:

Every now and then we will change the server password this is to help prevent ex members gaining access to the server or giving out the password in spite to hackers and so on. In the case of a server restart you must wait in "Waiting to get on the server" for an Admin to help you. Do not ask other players as this is a bannable offense.

Found here http://www.cityliferpg.com/forum/Index.php?app=tos

You signed a digital agreement to the rules when you created your account, why do we need to tell you why you are banned when you broke the rules?

@MaxRiga - It's funny you naver played, yet come here as your envy gets the batter of you.

@Dean.F - his response was correct and didn't have to stoop to abuse. I'm sure he will appreciate that remark. Happy new year

To the rest that enjoy City Life - thanks for your support. We made 90% is donations to server costs last month which is great.

To those that don't, unlucky. Hope you settle down somewhere in the end. Lets please use our forums for unban requests and keep this on topic please.

Regards

*TO CITYLIFE 2 ADMINS*

Im pissed because I had a ban back when CityLife 2 forums used enjin. I was using an old browser and created a profile the same name as I use now. The forum was really laggy and I couldnt use it. I left and googled why it went too slow.

10 mins later I came back to the CL2 forum, to see what had changed. A message from enjin came up saying:

You have been banned from this website.

Duration: Perm.

Reason: Too young

I didnt understand this one bit. Why was I banned for being "too young"? My age was 20 and even if I had entered my age under 16 it would be senseless to ban someone perm for being "too young". Was this some sort of foul joke?

Anyway, left and played in other communities, then 3 months later I decided to pay a visit back to the CL2 forums. I created a new account named "Boa".

I decided to enquire about the ban I had 3 months ago to the head admin ArmATech (as I thought he would be a responsible chap, not the immature and ignorant twat he turned out to be).

I asked, "why was my profile "Double Doppler" banned from the forum?". I had a reply "I dont know who this guy is". I then asked if he could free up the email adress and he said "why should i he is banned". I asked if he could investigate why that profile was banned and he replied "look last time im going to tell you noob HE IS BANNED AND WILL STAY BANNED NOW FUCK OFF".

Well, I didnt pm him after that (what a bad and immature mood, something you would not expect from an admin). Anyway I left the website, then returned and I got a "#2000 you are not allowed to visit this website" error.

Obviously a website ban. What had I done wrong? I went to TS and asked why I was banned from the forum to ArmATech and I had no reply. 1 minute later I was permbanned from CL2 TS3.

This was really fucking immature. The admin was ignorant and ill-tempered, abusing his position and generally a fag from what the performance he showed.

All I can say is that the CityLife2 Admins would rather ban then help a guy out. Typical Ignorance.

We have never, never ever used enjin. Maybe you confuse us with Bay City, as they use that. (Makes me think your also banned over there?)

We now use ipb bulletin board.

We usto use vbulletin and before that in City Life 1 a php forum.

Your old accunt had your DOB set to 15 years old which is why your account was removed. So why set incorrect information if your 20? You also set up multiple accounts which is also another break in the rules.

Any way as I said on previous post. Happy new year.

Remember - noone is forcing you to play our mod, nor visit our webpage but your own desire to try and start an argument. Please keep off of my Youtube account leaving immature comments or I will be forced to revoke your privaleges commenting or viewing them.

Regards

Edited by i3luevein

Well, this is my first post in these forums after having finally got ArmaII in the steam sales so Hi!

To my question, is CL2 still going in Arma2 or has it moved on? I'm interested in trying it out and joining the community.

Well, this is my first post in these forums after having finally got ArmaII in the steam sales so Hi!

To my question, is CL2 still going in Arma2 or has it moved on? I'm interested in trying it out and joining the community.

We use ARMA2 & Operation Arrow Head with current addons and BETA patches.

Cheers

We have never, never ever used enjin. Maybe you confuse us with Bay City, as they use that.

We now use ipb bulletin board.

We usto use vbulletin and before that in City Life 1 a php forum.

Your old accunt had your DOB set to 15 years old which is why your account was removed. So why set incorrect information if your 20? You also set up multiple accounts which is also another break in the rules.

Any way as I said on previous post. Happy new year.

Remember - noone is forcing you to play our mod, nor visit our webpage but your own desire to try and start an argument. Please keep off of my Youtube account leaving immature comments or I will be forced to revoke your privaleges commenting or viewing them.

Regards

Well, at least you looked into it. I do admit I set up two accounts but that was because I needed contact only. My main priority was to find out why I was Permbanned for age (you could have just banned me untill I became 16, why permban?). Besides, I am not 15 years old anyway.

Well, at least you looked into it. I do admit I set up two accounts but that was because I needed contact only. My main priority was to find out why I was Permbanned for age (you could have just banned me untill I became 16, why permban?). Besides, I am not 15 years old anyway.

why setup an account saying you where then?

All I can say is - WHY SET YOUR AGE TO 15 WHEN YOUR NOT?

Jeez, throw me a bone or something !

All I can say is - WHY SET YOUR AGE TO 15 WHEN YOUR NOT?

Jeez, throw me a bone or something !

Damn I didn't set my age to 15! At least I wasn't aware of doing it!

little mistakes go a long way :butbut:

Edited by Double Doppler