Sign in to follow this  
-DAN-

Citylife 2 Released

On our webpage - click the city life logo in my sig and it will take you there.

Our webpage don't work if your using google chrome.

I'm surprised this thread didn't get past 10 pages considering the hype, is it still going strong?

I downloaded all the files tonight and noticed that it said the server was unreachable, does that mean it's down?

Also, what is the name of the ambulance PBO? I'm trying to find it in the files but nothing looks remotely like that.

city life is built only to be run on our server why you would need to know the location of any vehicle is a mystery

I've never had OA, is this mod any better then CL? How many players usually on City Life server?

Kinda depends man, we have a lot of members. Last night, somewhere around 25-30 members played, but not all at the same time.

I could predict that this mission/mod is not gonna be popular because -

1- It has downloadable content ( some people like it but it's just some )

2- The developers haven't researched the basic principals of - "why people like sahrani life and what they don't like on sh". The Citylife developers had the unique chance to use very poor sahrani life mission ( but the only one common rpg in arma2 ) as example "what not to do" but unfortunately they just have repeated main mistakes of sr.

3- the developers are young people who wanted to do something they like but not what people want/need ( it's common mistakes of young people and it's natural for everybody )

4- the mission hasn't have anything new in basics

5- it took them too long time to create it and it's been release for OA only when more then 70% of whole arma2 community players have already finished playing arma2 at all.

I don't know why Darkhorse felt the need to bring this up again when I already informed him in the other thread that I only make missions for myself and they are never distributed to anyone else because

A) I don't have the experience to make a mission good enough for the community

B) With the time I have, I make them only for my OWN amusement.

Bottomline - My inquiry to the City Life devs was if they had a Ambulance or Police Cars for my zombie missions that I make for MYSELF once again.

Thank you.

Got to love MaxRiga. Every time he has 2 cents he spends it. I could predict that every time he makes it a post it is negative. Do some research maxie and find out how many people are registered and play before you say noone likes it. You might be surprised.

Maybe one day you will say something that is worth reading.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

3- the developers are young people who wanted to do something they like but not what people want/need ( it's common mistakes of young people and it's natural for everybody )

Yes I'm really young, I'll have to remind my kids that next time they call me an old fart. The last time I checked, everyone isn't you!

That aside - alot has changed scince this post was made. Too many to list. Our complete change log is available on our webpage and in our documents.

Thanks to all that support us and lookforward to seeing more of you

Edited by i3luevein

Yes I'm really young, I'll have to remind my kids that next time they call me an old fart. The last time I checked, everyone isn't you!

That aside - alot has changed scince this post was made. Too many to list. Our complete change log is available on our webpage and in our documents.

hey younster :) hadn´t really found the time to play this nice game-mod(e)...

but i will!! i miss the testing-phase-fun ;)

and its getting better an better what i see from the movies, really like it!

where can i buy "time" so my day has 48 hours...

haha poor blue :P

you should feel good that people think your young :P

anyway guys this is one of the best RPG iv played the comuinity is well organized and very helpfull :) one of the best 5 star out of 5 play it for yourself

Well I actually wanted to play this mod as the work looked well put into it. I was aiming to be a mature player. But I remembered my friend was permanently banned from the forums by enjin for being "too young" (his age was 20!, but he was using an old browser so that might be the case) so I thought I might as well ask why he was banned and If the ban could be removed. The main admin, Armatech told me he wasnt going to lift the ban. I asked if he could atleast delete the profile but he was acting as though my friend was a vicious php hacker! I left the site only later to find out my IP was perm banned and I couldnt ask anything on the forums. I then asked Armatech on TS3 and had no reply. 10 minutes later I was banned permanently from TS3 by "ArmaTech".

Why did you ban me so? I wasn't being annoying and tried to ask my friends unban request as politely as possible. Do you have some certain 'hatred' for a player named "Boa"? Did you think I was an "annoying noob"? I was simply wanting to play an 'apparently' good Arma 2 RP mod that I would be entitled to play just as much as anyone else.

Let me guess your gonna ban me from your other forums too?

what a day care ....

there are always ways to grow up! For example, be more patience and listen what other armature players suggest.

Can anyone tell me why it always called RPG mod? I do not see any Rpg features.

I would play this mod, but so many people I know have been banned in the first 10 minutes of playing...

Edited by Sky999

what a day care ....

there are always ways to grow up! For example, be more patience and listen what other armature players suggest.

Too bad you don't take the same advice you give out.:yay:

This was a very disappointing mod. I just tried City Life 2 this morning (or at least I tried to) till I got booted off.

I signed up in their forums yesterday and spent 2hrs downloading the 2gb of addons and setting up the launcher properly. During which time an admin popped in TS and talked to me for all of 2mins then left me to finish the downloads. After that I sat around for an hour in the Waiting to join server channel (which is where you are supposed to wait for an admin to finish talking to you) but no one ever came back on. I figured it was probably pretty late over in the UK (time zone difference from EST is 5hrs later) and with it being the holidays they probably wouldn't be back on.

I decided to try again this morning. Hopped on TS and sat around in the waiting to join server channel again…after about an hour of that I was getting a bit bored. My friend Romsas has also just joined that morning and was in the channel with me. He was already in game and since I had already spoke with an admin the day before he gave me the pass to go ahead and get started.

I logged in and set up my character, bought myself a bicycle and some doughnuts and started a bicycle delivery. It was night in game and I had to drive all the way from Chernogorsk to a small village near Devil's Castle with no NVGs so it was a very long drive. Afterward Romsas met me to give me a lift back to town, but it wouldn't let me put my bicycle in the back of his pickup truck, so I had to leave it there.

On the way back, some in game police officer pulled in behind us and suddenly some guy popped in TS and started asking where did I get the password, how did I get in here? I don't think it was the same admin from yesterday, and this guy seemed royally pissed off and was kind of intimidating. I told him Romsas did and before we could say a word or ask him any questions he just said "You're banned" and kicked us both.

I went and posted all this in their forums and am waiting for a response now. But even if they do unban me I don't think I will be going back. That guy seemed very unfriendly and if everyone in game is going to be that way I would rather not play with them.

We play these video games to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Being made to sit around waiting for an admin to officially sanction our arrival on the server for two days and then being ear-raped over TS and booted/banned is NOT a very nice welcome. The players make the game. Without us you would just be sitting around on an empty server all day playing with yourself. If you want new players to join your server and have fun playing with you, then you should be a bit more courteous and welcome them warmly.

It would not be my recommendation to play this mod, unless you are thoroughly prepared to jump through a bunch of hoops and wait 2-3 days or more to join.

That being said, I give this mod a thumbs down.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlhg7QmTulAkvkQ30IBEEQwCW85z8rPUQwFAmjWWxaAJmSPPbP_Q

(the mod itself may be good, but the reception by the admins makes this mod feel too exclusive and unwelcoming like they don't really want you there anyway)

:(

I've been playing RPGs since the mid 80s and MMORPGs online since 2004 and that was by far the worst "Welcome to our server…now gtfo!" I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I'm gonna go ahead an uninstall all the crap they made me download…there are better mods out there with with more friendly admins that I could be playing with.

Edited by kage74

You know, I've been reading about Citylife 2 for a while and hearing mixed things but this here killed it for me. I see having a password and stuff to keep idiots out but what I just read was down-right elitism.

I would have thought Citylife 2 would be open armed and welcoming being one of the few (If not only RPG mod) in ArmA2. And not this 'Oh you're on and I don't know you so you're banned'. This really made me stop thinking about trying it out.

With what Kage74 said about their experience, being banned after waiting two days just to play, I don't think I can attempt it. Unless I can see stone hard, truth reason and not some excuse of 'They were doing something wrong' or 'They didn't do X' because if they did do something wrong or didn't do 'X'. The mature thing would be to tell'm nicely and help'm out instead of being an elitist and ban them 'Just because'. I understand it's 'Your server' and 'Your mod'. But honestly, when you advertise publicly IE 'our doors are open fully for the public to come and join in the fun' (Source: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11969) and I read the post by Kage74, I see a server of liars.

But as I said, if I can see a real and true reason Kage74 and the friend was banned. I could change my mind due to the fact I an open minded to different things. And on a note, I hope not to see my post begin getting flamed by members of the Citylife 2 community or admins saying 'Just because' to Kage74's situation. Because you did say

'our doors are open fully for the public to come and join in the fun'. Being banned 'Just because' or on your whim isn't 'Fun' for the others in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have not been on the server for along time due to me taking a break and dealing with a big work load. This normaly not the case when people go thru the proper join procedures. As you know in the past lots of City Life stuff was taken when it was in beta and a new mod was formed with out permission. This I hope is just some left over paranoia from those times. Plus like any type of mod you get the COD kiddies in that just like to shoot and blow stuff up for no good reason and find "rules" to hard to follow.

I also have been working on my own stuff and learning scripting and addon making instead of playing on City Life so I don't know whats going on as much as before.

Kage I have to agree with you. Unfortunatly both the "open" RPG-Server (Zargabad Life or something) and the "closed" RPG-Server (City-Life) are runned by douchebags.

On Zargabad Life you have deathmatching admins who ignore any rules and kick you if you are able to kill them.

And on City-Life the community is just incredibly "stiff". No questions are answered by anyone, you will be ignored as a newbie, you cant really discuss something because whithin seconds you get banned...

I miss the old times in Sahrani Life and Chernarus Life :(